Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Finally figure out how to deal with cats

Last posted Jul 14, 2011 at 05:34PM EDT. Added Jul 13, 2011 at 03:42PM EDT
12 posts from 8 users

ManWithGoodTaste wrote:

Poor cat… :'(

That's what I thought too. But it's not like, cutting off circulation to the cat's brain, if you think that's what's happening. The clamp is just taking advantage of the fact that as puppies and kittens, Dogs and Cats respond to being grabbed by their loose neck skin, and continue this trait through their life. Thus, if you put a clamp on their loose neck-skin, it will make them cringe and behave. Also: It's not hurting them as far as I know. Why would it hurt if there are no nerves on that part of their skin?

Piano wrote:

That's what I thought too. But it's not like, cutting off circulation to the cat's brain, if you think that's what's happening. The clamp is just taking advantage of the fact that as puppies and kittens, Dogs and Cats respond to being grabbed by their loose neck skin, and continue this trait through their life. Thus, if you put a clamp on their loose neck-skin, it will make them cringe and behave. Also: It's not hurting them as far as I know. Why would it hurt if there are no nerves on that part of their skin?

Exactly. When I adopted Sherman, the vet said that the best way to take care of him was to grab the scruff of his fur right where back meets the neck, and hoist him up by his skin with one hand. Works like a charm all the time.
I no longer own a cat, but I know that's the best way to handle them, especially if you don't want to get scratched of if you have alergies.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

[photo:145789]

>implying dOgs do not kill people on occasion
I have been barked at, chased by, and bitten by many dOgs. I have encountered only ONE aggressive cat in my life.

So far, cats win.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!