Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Great Video Game Soundtracks

Last posted Oct 23, 2011 at 07:49PM EDT. Added Oct 19, 2011 at 09:08PM EDT
27 posts from 24 users

Oh, I'm gon' like this thread, ya'll. I love great video game especially when composers had so little with which to work.

Actually, any of the first 6 Mega Man OST's. I remember being afraid to play this game when I was younger, because Mega Man exploding and the following silence creeped me out.

What's Chrono Cross without Chrono Trigger?

I bought the game purely on the reputation of the game and music. I wasn't disappointed.

@RandomMan's Pokemon Music

Since the game has been out for a while, I feel comfortable about saying that Black and White has the best music in the series, even better than my previous favorite of Gold and Silver.

@Kalmo Because I totally expected Zelda.

I never really liked the game all that much, but I love this theme.

Also, people that have played these three games say that these themes sound alike. I don't like to jump to that conclusion in video game tracks, because there's only so many melodies and rhythms that can be made. But these three still sound close enough for me.

I'm glad I was able to have a chance to play all of these games, hear the music in their original context, and make that judgement for myself.

http://youtu.be/1lm36RIydUw

Castlevania series probably got the best soundtrack, specially from Super Castlevania IV until Portrait of Ruin… however SotN is the best of all Castlevanias in terms of OST…

Anyways i'm having issues with embedding here, it's long time since i don't post on an actual computer (rather than a mobile phone)

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 09:33AM EDT

Just an awesome song for an indie game.
Platypus (PC/PSP/XBLA)

One more: such a intriguing and amazing soundtrack for a mysterious and funny game:
The Neverhood (PC)

Last edited Oct 22, 2011 at 01:12AM EDT

Guys, guys, guys. C'mon!

<iframe width="width=\"300" height="233" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BaavtbeP2g0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited Oct 23, 2011 at 06:17PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!