Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

311,667 total conversations in 9,545 threads

+ New Thread

Does anyone here play Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010?

Last posted Jan 20, 2012 at 08:49PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2012 at 02:11PM EST
21 posts from 9 users

I have Hot Pursuit for PS3, and I love that damn game.

As for favorite rides, by class:
Sports/Traffic Police: Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.
Performance/Highway Patrol: Ford Shelby GT500, Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Super/Rapid Deployment: Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.
Exotic/Speed Enforcement: Dodge Viper ACR, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Lamborghini Murcielago SV.
Hyper/Special Response: Koenigsegg CCXR Edition, Gumpert Apollo S.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I have Hot Pursuit for PS3, and I love that damn game.

As for favorite rides, by class:
Sports/Traffic Police: Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.
Performance/Highway Patrol: Ford Shelby GT500, Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Super/Rapid Deployment: Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.
Exotic/Speed Enforcement: Dodge Viper ACR, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Lamborghini Murcielago SV.
Hyper/Special Response: Koenigsegg CCXR Edition, Gumpert Apollo S.

Another Koenigsegg fan, alright!

Piano wrote:

Another Koenigsegg fan, alright!

Personally, I just love the fact that Koenigsegg have made a car that puts out 1018 bhp and runs on ethanol.

Still, the raw performance of the CCXR Edition is definitely up there.

EDIT: However, am I alone in thinking they should also show the torque numbers, not just the horsepower?

Last edited Jan 16, 2012 at 05:37PM EST

Personally, I just love the fact that Koenigsegg have made a car that puts out 1018 bhp and runs on ethanol.

Still, the raw performance of the CCXR Edition is definitely up there.

EDIT: However, am I alone in thinking they should also show the torque numbers, not just the horsepower?

I’ve always loved Koenigsegg, even before NFS:HP. Their cars are just unrivaled in beauty and speed (Although, speed-wise, Bugatti comes 1st by about 5-6 MPH and less 0-60 time).

Bugatti uses four wheel drive: better traction means better zero-to-sixty. It’s not really fair to compare them on acceleration.

And the Veyron Super Sport is supposedly capable of 260+ mph. Saw it on an episode of Top Gear(UK series on BBC America). Apparently, after James made his run, Bugatti’s test driver made a run and broke 260.

量子 Meme wrote:

I actually don’t but I used to try it a few times round a friends house.

My friends always come up with their NFS stories about the AI being crap… :D

I wonder how NFS’ AI works. It seems to be pretty okay to me.

Piano wrote:

I wonder how NFS’ AI works. It seems to be pretty okay to me.

Oh trust me, the AI in some NFS games can be downright brutal at times.

I’ve only ever had Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2 and Hot Pursuit by Criterion for PS3, but there have been times when the cops really gave me hell.

On that note, however, I have found that events in the “Hot Pursuit” mode in HP2 were somewhat easier in terms of the rival racers and their abilities. Was this because the cops used up some of the system’s processing power, reducing the amount available for AI routines?

Oh trust me, the AI in some NFS games can be downright brutal at times.

I’ve only ever had Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2 and Hot Pursuit by Criterion for PS3, but there have been times when the cops really gave me hell.

On that note, however, I have found that events in the “Hot Pursuit” mode in HP2 were somewhat easier in terms of the rival racers and their abilities. Was this because the cops used up some of the system’s processing power, reducing the amount available for AI routines?

I notice that racers are less competitive in HP by Criterion as well. I think the creators did that so the player could have a bit of an easier time racing, so it wasn’t downright impossible to get a medal.

Last edited Jan 16, 2012 at 06:17PM EST

Piano wrote:

I notice that racers are less competitive in HP by Criterion as well. I think the creators did that so the player could have a bit of an easier time racing, so it wasn’t downright impossible to get a medal.

i agree with that for hot pursuit, but with the run they sometimes made it impossible at some points in the game. i actually had to wait until the AI crashes to make my move especially on extreme difficulty

EP73 wrote:

I let my cousin play this game, and after a day…
WTF HE HAS A REVENTON

Aren’t Reventons the very last thing you unlock in the Exotic series? Either he’s very skilled at racing games or he was doing a time trial/preview.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!