Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,057 total conversations in 9,271 threads

+ New Thread

Deep Lucid Dreams

Last posted Jan 28, 2012 at 11:59AM EST. Added Jan 26, 2012 at 08:54AM EST
30 posts from 17 users

I had one. It was so deep, I just had to share it. Feel free to share yours too.

I dreamed that me and my lover had a child. It was lovely. She had hazel brown eyes. Suddenly, she grew up, now having ginger orange hair, still on the same bed. I felt old, and I immediately thought of death. I thought if the one I love died earlier than I, there would be no point on living any more. I decided that while she was about to die, I should die too, kissing her.

Last edited Jan 26, 2012 at 08:55AM EST
Jan 26, 2012 at 08:54AM EST

I seriously expected another horror story from HOH when I read the thread title.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:10AM EST

I want to have lucid dreams of where I can just jump up and fly around like peter pan in the sky.

Sadly, I never get any lucid dreams, is there a trick to them?

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:23AM EST

There are techniques you can use to get yourself to dream lucidly, but they require lots of patience and practice, and can take weeks or months of training. If you try to force yourself to have a lucid dream, you probably won’t.

I dream vividly all the time, but I’ve only ever had a few lucid dreams. For example, I once dreamt that BSOD lived in an apartment tower on a tiny island. Dreams don’t usually make sense. Sometimes I think mine are written by Gabriel García Márquez – they’re very magical realist.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:55AM EST

Mister J wrote:

I seriously expected another horror story from HOH when I read the thread title.

The moment I typed in “Dreams”, I immediately thought of HOH.

Jan 26, 2012 at 06:42PM EST

I wonder if someone will have an IRL Inception case? (As in dreaming that they’re in the setting of Inception, complete with the layers of dreams)

Jan 26, 2012 at 07:10PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I wonder if someone will have an IRL Inception case? (As in dreaming that they’re in the setting of Inception, complete with the layers of dreams)

I had a double dream once. Couldn’t remember what it was about though, because I was too young to remember.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:46PM EST

ConstantiNe wrote:

I had a double dream once. Couldn’t remember what it was about though, because I was too young to remember.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:47PM EST

ConstantiNe wrote:

I had a dream that was filled with multiple storylines, but one of them was where I was dreaming about looking at some website, but the website was yelling at me, causing my dream self (Who was still sleeping) to have seizures.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:48PM EST
I once dreamt that BSOD lived in an apartment tower on a tiny island

Actually I did once live in an apartment tower on a tiny island. In fact, I am still on that island

I may have mentioned living in Auckland to you, that could explain where that little vision came from. But I think its awesome that I turned up in one of your dreams

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:57PM EST

Bizarre. Actually this isn’t the first time this has happened to me. And before you get too excited, no, you weren’t the focus of the dream; you were just in it.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:00AM EST

I wouldn’t expect to be, I know I am not that special. But still, the principal of the matter is that I was there. That’s good enough for a Mercury pose.

Last edited Jan 27, 2012 at 12:05AM EST
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:05AM EST

I think it would be interesting to hear some of the dreams that other users have. I don’t lucid dream. I suppose I could learn how to but I prefer not to. I would rather have my dreams surprise me. There’s tons of excitement in a surprise and my dreams never fail me.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:07AM EST

Okay, you want one of my dreams, here you go. This is from the night of 9 January (I keep track).

I was in a spaceship, leaving Earth and the Moon and heading into deep space. I approach a vast black hole, swirling with blue and purple gases. I watch as star systems are sucked in with a beautiful display of lights and colours. I uncontrollably cross the event horizon, hearing a vast drilling and sucking noise, and seeing the swirling blue and grey clouds of gas being sucked in. Inevitably I approach the black hole, and I know what’s coming. Going right up to the edge, and looking in. Seeing the void, and beginning to hear the first bars of Also Sprach Zarathustra as I begin to be sucked in. Suddenly, jazz starts playing, and a highly surrealist sequence ensues. As I’m inside the black hole, I see 30’s art deco-style New York City. Against a sepia background, skyscrapers being built up and torn down within seconds, as the jazz gets more and more hectic (something like this).

And then my alarm went off, and I went to class.

Yes, my dreams are awesome and feature music. Be jealous.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:26AM EST

I once had a dream where I visited Gespenst in his hometown. We drank much alcohol and staggered through the streets. Then we went on the roof of a high-rise. We both chilled up there,until I realized that I reached full happiness,so I began to cry,gave Gessy a bro-hug and jumped off the building.

Yes, maybe I have a problem…

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:29AM EST

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

I once had a dream where I visited Gespenst in his hometown. We drank much alcohol and staggered through the streets. Then we went on the roof of a high-rise. We both chilled up there,until I realized that I reached full happiness,so I began to cry,gave Gessy a bro-hug and jumped off the building.

Yes, maybe I have a problem…

Maybe you read the same book too many times, don’t you think?

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:49AM EST

The best dream I can remember was where I was Batman wearing a bat-themed MJOLNIR combat suit (What the master chief wears in Halo).

I also had a jetpack and a rocket launcher and I flew through the sky blowing up Nazi’s who were overrunning Gotham City with massive tank squadrons.

For a good while I blew up Panzer tanks and squads of Nazi SS…then suddenly my rocket launcher turned into a fire hose that sprayed hot chili sauce, the Nazi tank columns turned into a Thanksgiving parade and Gotham City turned into Disney World.

Next thing I know, I’m covering the Disney Thanksgiving parade in hot sauce. People started screaming, kids started crying…it got pretty ugly.

Then I landed and all the Disney World patrons were angry and arguing with me for ruining the parade with hot sauce. I apologized and woke up.

Last edited Jan 27, 2012 at 01:47AM EST
Jan 27, 2012 at 01:44AM EST

For some reason, when I can not like seafood differentiate reality from fiction, hopes and dreams of the nails of the horns.

Recently I experienced something exorbitant to dream that was on my way to my home mounted on a swivel chair as it turned shouting “BURUBURUBRU”. As it advanced, and the road was getting rough, the chair was breaking apart, and until this on only one seat with all the irons on my back. Then together the pieces and go up a hill covered with houses for a repairman for the chair, but instead I find myself in the midst of the birthday party of an unknown girl, I offer cake and gift to the girl as the seat did not bring anything with me on that occasion.

When I leave the house the way I’m near to my home, under the streets that were on my forehead and when I go back to ubir on the way, turning back, as usual, turned to the front and I run into a building huge out of nothing, I see again my surroundings and find someplace else again. I enter the building, climb stairs white and I find the girl of my dreams in high school. She had not seen her. I turn to see my reflection in a window and I recognize a much younger than I am now. The eyes see, see me with a serious look, but after a while she smiles and approaches me while I do and we kissed. Long time if they had never tasted lips so soft and seductive like her, to the extent that I am filled with joy and hug, which fall in a plain of grass and sunflowers. That was going to say that I still loved her, but then my alarm clock rang and told me it was time to see Firefly.

Were the seafood?

Jan 27, 2012 at 01:59AM EST

I have yet to have a lucid dream. I’ll be honest with you, when I was 7, my dreams were so brutal and real, what was happening in y dream, felt real. I had a dream that I was using the toilet, guess what happened? I was getting shot at with a machine gun and I think I was actually hurting myself to experience the pain. Mind you, I was 7 and I was sleeping. Honestly, that was the creepiest experience of my young childhood.

Jan 27, 2012 at 06:24PM EST

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I have yet to have a lucid dream. I’ll be honest with you, when I was 7, my dreams were so brutal and real, what was happening in y dream, felt real. I had a dream that I was using the toilet, guess what happened? I was getting shot at with a machine gun and I think I was actually hurting myself to experience the pain. Mind you, I was 7 and I was sleeping. Honestly, that was the creepiest experience of my young childhood.

You know why I couldn’t talk till I was four years old? Because I was fucking to scared to talk and too paranoid:
When I was young enough that I was first able to remember things, when I go to bed and sleep, I end up waking up in the dark, seeing a figure there…just standing…it was a completely black figure…. when it leaves the room…because the hallway turn dark (They don’t like the light obviously). It leaves…and I hear screams…blood curling creams…of my mother..of my family members…of my pets… in each dream was every different person or one of my pets…and it was mostly my mom screams of terror…When I wake up I was scared that this is gonna become real and take my mother away (I was a mama’s boy when I was a child) I followed her and hold onto her as tight as I can thinking I could save her…but in some dreams I see them go away and die right in front of me as it does it’s work…it is why I was afraid of the dark for so long…because when it’s dark or night time in my dreams…it usually means something bad…I can’t remember what it exactly did because I wanted to forget it…I just wanted it to go away… but it some times look at me straight in the face…with red lights that comes out of it’s eyes…pulsating…looking at me with it’s face three inches away..it felt like hours…
Also this happens usually between those bad dreams:
Also some weird dreams when I see the toilet and vacuum cleaner sucks up my love ones like either object ate them…the toilet was more avoidable…but not the vacuum.. also when I go outside and it’s night time every time at some point unless I survive the night, aliens comes and chase me down and abduct me, also if I try to hide in a house and the lights are off, ghosts normally come after me which is kind of worse…it was a challenge to break in a house with lights.
It was terrifying because I was possible 3-4 years of age when a lot of that shit started to happen.
Also could be the reason why I learned how to run before I learned how to walk when I was ten months old…
To put it simply:

Jan 27, 2012 at 07:05PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

You know why I couldn’t talk till I was four years old? Because I was fucking to scared to talk and too paranoid:
When I was young enough that I was first able to remember things, when I go to bed and sleep, I end up waking up in the dark, seeing a figure there…just standing…it was a completely black figure…. when it leaves the room…because the hallway turn dark (They don’t like the light obviously). It leaves…and I hear screams…blood curling creams…of my mother..of my family members…of my pets… in each dream was every different person or one of my pets…and it was mostly my mom screams of terror…When I wake up I was scared that this is gonna become real and take my mother away (I was a mama’s boy when I was a child) I followed her and hold onto her as tight as I can thinking I could save her…but in some dreams I see them go away and die right in front of me as it does it’s work…it is why I was afraid of the dark for so long…because when it’s dark or night time in my dreams…it usually means something bad…I can’t remember what it exactly did because I wanted to forget it…I just wanted it to go away… but it some times look at me straight in the face…with red lights that comes out of it’s eyes…pulsating…looking at me with it’s face three inches away..it felt like hours…
Also this happens usually between those bad dreams:
Also some weird dreams when I see the toilet and vacuum cleaner sucks up my love ones like either object ate them…the toilet was more avoidable…but not the vacuum.. also when I go outside and it’s night time every time at some point unless I survive the night, aliens comes and chase me down and abduct me, also if I try to hide in a house and the lights are off, ghosts normally come after me which is kind of worse…it was a challenge to break in a house with lights.
It was terrifying because I was possible 3-4 years of age when a lot of that shit started to happen.
Also could be the reason why I learned how to run before I learned how to walk when I was ten months old…
To put it simply:

You seem to have a pretty traumatized childhood. When I was……………10? Yeah 10, I had a dream about…………..you know…………..the axe guy from the Shinning. He was brutally beating me with an axe. When I woke up, I was bleeding in many places. I had to go to a physiatrist to figure out what was happening. You may be wondering how I knew about the movie? Two words. The Simpsons. I saw the tree house of horror episode, and to this day I sometimes have dreams about it. Expect now I wake up when he is about to kill me like a normal person.

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:08PM EST

Nikolaki8 wrote:

You seem to have a pretty traumatized childhood. When I was……………10? Yeah 10, I had a dream about…………..you know…………..the axe guy from the Shinning. He was brutally beating me with an axe. When I woke up, I was bleeding in many places. I had to go to a physiatrist to figure out what was happening. You may be wondering how I knew about the movie? Two words. The Simpsons. I saw the tree house of horror episode, and to this day I sometimes have dreams about it. Expect now I wake up when he is about to kill me like a normal person.

I’m Mike Wallace, I’m Morley Safer, and I’m Ed Bradley. All this and Andy Rooney tonight on 60 Minutes!

I may or may not have watched that clip just so I could get that quote.

Last edited Jan 27, 2012 at 08:23PM EST
Jan 27, 2012 at 08:22PM EST

opspe wrote:

I’m Mike Wallace, I’m Morley Safer, and I’m Ed Bradley. All this and Andy Rooney tonight on 60 Minutes!

I may or may not have watched that clip just so I could get that quote.

Oh god……….please. It’s traumatizing for me.

Jan 27, 2012 at 08:24PM EST

i had some weird dreams when i was like 4 5 maybe 6 i kept haveing dreams that one of the spiderman villains was chaseing after me in the hall way of my home and when he grabed me i woke up and sometimes when i had the dream at the end i was in a spaceship and then i woke up and i also had the same dream at the same age that a logo was chaseing after me

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:23AM EST

I had a dream where I was doing parkour in the woods then it quickly jumped to the Teen Titans doing recreational drugs and becoming under the influence of Narcotics.

Jan 28, 2012 at 01:10AM EST

I like how dreams make the least sense, yet it occurs to us that they make complete sense while dreaming…
I just had a dream about nothing. It was a dream of me just staring at the ceiling above me, trying to sleep. When I woke up, I just realized that I was asleep.

Jan 28, 2012 at 03:31AM EST

opspe wrote:

Okay, you want one of my dreams, here you go. This is from the night of 9 January (I keep track).

I was in a spaceship, leaving Earth and the Moon and heading into deep space. I approach a vast black hole, swirling with blue and purple gases. I watch as star systems are sucked in with a beautiful display of lights and colours. I uncontrollably cross the event horizon, hearing a vast drilling and sucking noise, and seeing the swirling blue and grey clouds of gas being sucked in. Inevitably I approach the black hole, and I know what’s coming. Going right up to the edge, and looking in. Seeing the void, and beginning to hear the first bars of Also Sprach Zarathustra as I begin to be sucked in. Suddenly, jazz starts playing, and a highly surrealist sequence ensues. As I’m inside the black hole, I see 30’s art deco-style New York City. Against a sepia background, skyscrapers being built up and torn down within seconds, as the jazz gets more and more hectic (something like this).

And then my alarm went off, and I went to class.

Yes, my dreams are awesome and feature music. Be jealous.

That was my birthday…

On another note, I have had lucid dreams inside of lucid dreams. And every time I’d “wake up” inside a dream I’d return to this hotel room that was decorated with some aquatic theme. This was due to the NyQuil I took the night before.

Jan 28, 2012 at 06:32AM EST

Hyperborea Odyssea Hackeron wrote:

That was my birthday…

On another note, I have had lucid dreams inside of lucid dreams. And every time I’d “wake up” inside a dream I’d return to this hotel room that was decorated with some aquatic theme. This was due to the NyQuil I took the night before.

Was there a fish-tank?

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:59AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!