Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,293 total conversations in 9,282 threads

+ New Thread


THE RANT THREAD

Last posted Mar 05, 2012 at 07:11AM EST. Added Mar 03, 2012 at 11:25PM EST
46 posts from 26 users

OK, LISTEN HERE COCKBITES. EVERYONE HERE HAS GOT SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT, AND FRANKLY I DON’T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROBLEMS. BUT EVERYONE HAS GOT TO LET OFF STEAM, SO HOW ABOUT WE JUST LET IT ALL OUT IN HERE AND BE PRICKS AND COMPLAIN LIKE ERIDAN UNTIL THIS SHITTY THREAD GETS LOCKED?

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:25PM EST
Quote

i see y0u have dr0pped the mem0s

i was beginning t0 enj0y them

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:26PM EST
Quote

OMFG Y U NO LEGALIZE COCAINE AMERICA

This whole thread..

Last edited Mar 03, 2012 at 11:30PM EST
Mar 03, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Quote

LET’S SEE HERE.
BASICALLY THIS STUPID DUMPASS KEEPS MAKING THESE BEYOND STUPID COMMENTS ALL OVER A CHAT THAT WASN’T EVEN MINUTELY GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CAN’T AVOID THE FUCKER BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT I’M GOING TO DO NEXT.
OH YEAH
I FORGOT
HE JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE ME.
A STUPID MUSHY LITTLE, FLUSHED ASS HOLE FUTURE ME WHO I HATE BEYOND ANY FUCKING QUADRANT SYSTEM.

Last edited Mar 03, 2012 at 11:33PM EST
Mar 03, 2012 at 11:32PM EST
Quote

karkat it may n0t be my place t0 say

as if it matters

but y0u may want to calm d0wn

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:34PM EST
Quote

Heavy Weapons wrote:

OMFG Y U NO LEGALIZE COCAINE AMERICA

This whole thread..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BETTER, AND YOU COME UP WITH A SHITTY RESPONSE LIKE THAT? “YOU MAD”? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HUMANS ARE YOUR STUPID ASS MEMES? SERIOUSLY, DID YOUR LUSUS DROP YOU AS A GRUB OR SOMETHING?

FINE HOW ABOUT THIS. I’M SICK OF THESE HUMANMEMETHINGS. I MEAN, HAVE YOU SEEN A REAL NYAN FELINE? THOSE THINGS DESTROY PLANETS ON A REGULAR BASIS. THEY DON’T SHIT RAINBOWS OUT OF THEIR ASS, THEY SHOOT RADIATION OUT OF THEIR FUCKING EYES THAT CAUSES EVEN A PLANET TO MUTATE.

Last edited Mar 03, 2012 at 11:38PM EST
Mar 03, 2012 at 11:36PM EST
Quote

Kalmo wrote:

OK, LISTEN HERE COCKBITES. EVERYONE HERE HAS GOT SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT, AND FRANKLY I DON’T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROBLEMS. BUT EVERYONE HAS GOT TO LET OFF STEAM, SO HOW ABOUT WE JUST LET IT ALL OUT IN HERE AND BE PRICKS AND COMPLAIN LIKE ERIDAN UNTIL THIS SHITTY THREAD GETS LOCKED?

FANTASTIC IDEA! IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE I DID. WHAT THE FUCK?!

I USED TO BE ON OLD FORUMS THAT HAD A SPECIAL SECTION TO LET OFF STEAM. USED TO WORK WONDERS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:39PM EST

Kalmo wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BETTER, AND YOU COME UP WITH A SHITTY RESPONSE LIKE THAT? “YOU MAD”? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HUMANS ARE YOUR STUPID ASS MEMES? SERIOUSLY, DID YOUR LUSUS DROP YOU AS A GRUB OR SOMETHING?

FINE HOW ABOUT THIS. I’M SICK OF THESE HUMANMEMETHINGS. I MEAN, HAVE YOU SEEN A REAL NYAN FELINE? THOSE THINGS DESTROY PLANETS ON A REGULAR BASIS. THEY DON’T SHIT RAINBOWS OUT OF THEIR ASS, THEY SHOOT RADIATION OUT OF THEIR FUCKING EYES THAT CAUSES EVEN A PLANET TO MUTATE.

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:39PM EST
Quote

CALM DOWN?
CALM DOWN!
MAYBE I COULD FUCKING CALM DOWN IF I WASN’T TRAPPED IN A DEATH BOX WITH ALL THE FUCKASSES I DESPISE MOST OF ALL. LET ALONE THE FACT THE ALL ARE EMBRACING INSUBORDINATION TO THE FULLEST FUCKING EXTENT AND THE ONLY OASIS I HAVE FROM ALL THESE SHIT PILES SURROUNDING ME IS BY ATTEMPTING TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH A BUCK TOOTHED MORON, A PSYCHOPATHIC FEMALE HUMAN, A GIRL WHO SEEMS TO HATE ME FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON, AND AN EGOTISTIC TRASH TALKING HIP-FUCKING-HOPPER.

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:40PM EST
Quote

RocketPropelledPanda wrote:

CALM DOWN?
CALM DOWN!
MAYBE I COULD FUCKING CALM DOWN IF I WASN’T TRAPPED IN A DEATH BOX WITH ALL THE FUCKASSES I DESPISE MOST OF ALL. LET ALONE THE FACT THE ALL ARE EMBRACING INSUBORDINATION TO THE FULLEST FUCKING EXTENT AND THE ONLY OASIS I HAVE FROM ALL THESE SHIT PILES SURROUNDING ME IS BY ATTEMPTING TO MAKE CONVERSATION WITH A BUCK TOOTHED MORON, A PSYCHOPATHIC FEMALE HUMAN, A GIRL WHO SEEMS TO HATE ME FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON, AND AN EGOTISTIC TRASH TALKING HIP-FUCKING-HOPPER.


oh you mad.

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:41PM EST
Quote

karkat it is times like this i feel it w0uld have been easier t0 kill y0u

if y0u kn0w

y0u werent my friend and if it w0uld have changed anything

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:43PM EST
Quote

YES, I’LL BE HONEST I’M LOSING MY TEMPER, BUT THAT’S ONLY BECAUSE YOU GUYS AREN’T. I’M ANGRY YOU AREN’T ANGRY. HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT?

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:44PM EST
Quote

The last rant thread went so well.

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:47PM EST

i think i may understand where y0u are c0ming fr0m

its hard to remember

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:47PM EST
Quote

I woke up my family lolling at this thread. Another win for the-wait..off topic. Okay, back on the rail.

WILL EVEYONE CHILL THE FUCK OUT AND EAT THEIR VEGGIES?

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:50PM EST
Quote

THIS IS GETTING FUCKING RIDICULOUS. ARADIA, WOULD YOU POINT YOUR STUPID COMMENTS AND NIT PICKINGS TOWARDS A SPECIFIC ME PERHAPS?
LIKE MAYBE
HEY STUPID GRUB SAUCE DRENCHED HUMAN FLUSHING LUSUS NOOKING KARKAT, YOU SHOULD REALLY BECOME LESS OF A FUCKASS
THAT WOULD MAKE THIS WHOLE ORDEAL A MICRO FUCK LESS INTENSELY STUPID THAN IT ALREADY IS.

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:50PM EST
Quote

it d0esnt really matter

n0 matter which 0f y0u i speak t0 it makes little difference either way

whether that is a good or bad thing we will have t0 see

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:51PM EST
Quote

SO WHAT’S WITH THIS FUCKING AIRLINE FOOD, EH?!!

Mar 04, 2012 at 12:13AM EST

Guys…just between you and me, I think he’s angry…

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:13AM EST

I miss Chris Menning He at least gave reasons on locking threads, and he judged fairly…
Why you lock without reason?

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:39AM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I miss Chris Menning He at least gave reasons on locking threads, and he judged fairly…
Why you lock without reason?


Mar 04, 2012 at 03:48AM EST
Quote


LE RANT

Mar 04, 2012 at 06:46AM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

i see what you did there

lol well i had to let ya know i was reading it and that your efforts did not go to wast!

Mar 04, 2012 at 02:35PM EST
Quote

Thread:

We all mad.

Mar 04, 2012 at 02:49PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

I miss Chris Menning He at least gave reasons on locking threads, and he judged fairly…
Why you lock without reason?

Looking at it briefly, it seems redundant. The title says it’s from the shipping thread. If it’s already been posted elsewhere in the forum, then there’s no reason to post it again.

Granted, I personally wish Chris would have given a reason, but it seems fairly obvious. That’s what I’ve been told to do myself, but I’m the low-man on the mod ladder in the forums, so I can’t say what he should have done or shouldn’t have.

Related. If I could add my own rant, it would be about the rules and how they’re enforced. As it stands, there is no hard punishment system for poor quality posts, because many of the poor quality posts are rewarded with karma and a lot of it.

The KYM forums have been here longer than I have, so perhaps there is a point to not having strict punishments.

These are a lot nicer rules than where I came from.

But I don’t think 3 specific rules (1 is about bans, so that’s not a forum rule, and 2 are catch all rules…which aren’t really enforced…) can properly give moderators or users a base for what’s expected from forum activity or to properly enforce it. How do JFF practices differ from General? Does attaching “General” at the end of a thread make it a General thread? Should JFF threads be allowed to be derailed?

And I think the only punishment for improper forum etiquette is a ban. And that doesn’t occur until you’ve consistently enraged the community for a week or so. And even then, it’s a temporary ban. But then again, if the rules were any more strictly enforced, then we’d only have about 20 active users. It’s very frustrating, even if you ask moderators.

Last edited Mar 04, 2012 at 03:42PM EST
Mar 04, 2012 at 03:41PM EST

I like how after changing my name back the first comment I made in this thread changed with me but the second stayed the same.

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:41PM EST
Quote

THANK FUCKING CHRIST, SOMEONE ACTUALLY RANTED, EVEN IF IT WAS A POLITE RANT. WHY CAN’T YOU GUYS DO THAT? THERE TO BITCH WHEN WE DON’T WANT YOU TO, AND BEING PERFECTLY CALM WHEN I WANT YOU TO LET LOSE.

BUNCH OF FUCKING WEIRDOS.

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:45PM EST
Quote

GIANTDAD wrote:

Thread:

We all mad.

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:47PM EST

Kalmo wrote:

THANK FUCKING CHRIST, SOMEONE ACTUALLY RANTED, EVEN IF IT WAS A POLITE RANT. WHY CAN’T YOU GUYS DO THAT? THERE TO BITCH WHEN WE DON’T WANT YOU TO, AND BEING PERFECTLY CALM WHEN I WANT YOU TO LET LOSE.

BUNCH OF FUCKING WEIRDOS.

A rant thread for the purpose of letting loose needs rules. As it stands, it’s just a random JFF thread. Since it’s just JFF, it’s likely that no one will take your request seriously. As such, it’s immediately derail fodder.

Besides, no one is really going to let loose in this scenario. Even if it’s a rant, what you say can and will be held against you well after this thread dies. You have to be cordial…or you end up being inadvertently trolled into a legitimate flamewar. Not many users will fall into that trap.

Mar 04, 2012 at 03:59PM EST

Ah good, a thread where I can unleash who I really am…
Let me make this clear. My Little Pony is shit. Most anime is shit. Most manga is shit. Most Japanese made video games are shit. Most on road motor sport is shit. Most of everything is shit.
Most of you hate me. So be it. Let me be hated. I’ve been hated everywhere else I’ve gone on the internet. Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t know or even care to know who any of you are, most if not all of you don’t know or even care to know who I am.
But I need to make something else clear. The reason I hate Halo is not because it’s mainstream. I hate it because it was designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hell, a lot of stuff is meant to appeal to them. But in general, I prefer works that aren’t as simplistic in styling as “space marine shooting up aliens on alien worlds”.
I prefer something more refined, more sophisticated. Something that has a real story behind it, one that has weight. A story with real characters with intelligence in both writing and their own behavior that you grow somewhat attached to, lust after, even. Characters and a story that feel real, feel like they could on some level actually happen.
It gets complicated when I talk about video games, though. Because though it must possess a well written story full of well written characters, it must also have deep gameplay that rewards the player for thinking outside the box. And it must not fall prey to stereotypes, becoming easy to label as one thing or another, or worse, featuring characters that are themselves racial stereotypes.
In general, though, on the whole, it must feel at least somewhat realistic. At the same time, I understand that not everything can be up to such standards, as set by BioWare’s sci fi epic Mass Effect, or USA Network’s espionage thriller Burn Notice. I understand that companies and creators must at some point turn a profit. I do not blame them for this. At some point, you have to make money. So you create a simple “summer blockbuster” type of work that will sell by the millions to keep afloat. I understand that.
I’d also like to take a moment to explain myself on my views of women, both real and fictional. Let me get this out of the way: I may like big breasts, a big rump and a narrow waistline as much as the next man; but I’d rather have a smart woman with relatively average looks than a supermodel with little to no brains to speak of. A list of the females I like, both real and fictional: Kari Byron, Mythbuster; Akari Hiyami, 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche; Liara T’Soni, Mass Effect trilogy; Tali’Zorah vas Normandy, Mass Effect trilogy; Ashley Williams, Mass Effect trilogy; Fiona Glenanne, Burn Notice series; Kei Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War; Leia Organa, Star Wars classic trilogy… I could go on, but the list at this point is pretty long. I hope you can get my taste in women from this.
In general, I am not to be taken as a stereotypical “Modern Warfare/Halo fanboy”, but rather as an actual person, with my own unique traits, flaws, personality, etc. etc. I hope you can come to understand me, which will in turn help me better understand you.
However, above all, FUCK BRONIES.

Mar 04, 2012 at 04:34PM EST
Quote

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

Ah good, a thread where I can unleash who I really am…
Let me make this clear. My Little Pony is shit. Most anime is shit. Most manga is shit. Most Japanese made video games are shit. Most on road motor sport is shit. Most of everything is shit.
Most of you hate me. So be it. Let me be hated. I’ve been hated everywhere else I’ve gone on the internet. Doesn’t matter to me. I don’t know or even care to know who any of you are, most if not all of you don’t know or even care to know who I am.
But I need to make something else clear. The reason I hate Halo is not because it’s mainstream. I hate it because it was designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hell, a lot of stuff is meant to appeal to them. But in general, I prefer works that aren’t as simplistic in styling as “space marine shooting up aliens on alien worlds”.
I prefer something more refined, more sophisticated. Something that has a real story behind it, one that has weight. A story with real characters with intelligence in both writing and their own behavior that you grow somewhat attached to, lust after, even. Characters and a story that feel real, feel like they could on some level actually happen.
It gets complicated when I talk about video games, though. Because though it must possess a well written story full of well written characters, it must also have deep gameplay that rewards the player for thinking outside the box. And it must not fall prey to stereotypes, becoming easy to label as one thing or another, or worse, featuring characters that are themselves racial stereotypes.
In general, though, on the whole, it must feel at least somewhat realistic. At the same time, I understand that not everything can be up to such standards, as set by BioWare’s sci fi epic Mass Effect, or USA Network’s espionage thriller Burn Notice. I understand that companies and creators must at some point turn a profit. I do not blame them for this. At some point, you have to make money. So you create a simple “summer blockbuster” type of work that will sell by the millions to keep afloat. I understand that.
I’d also like to take a moment to explain myself on my views of women, both real and fictional. Let me get this out of the way: I may like big breasts, a big rump and a narrow waistline as much as the next man; but I’d rather have a smart woman with relatively average looks than a supermodel with little to no brains to speak of. A list of the females I like, both real and fictional: Kari Byron, Mythbuster; Akari Hiyami, 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche; Liara T’Soni, Mass Effect trilogy; Tali’Zorah vas Normandy, Mass Effect trilogy; Ashley Williams, Mass Effect trilogy; Fiona Glenanne, Burn Notice series; Kei Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War; Leia Organa, Star Wars classic trilogy… I could go on, but the list at this point is pretty long. I hope you can get my taste in women from this.
In general, I am not to be taken as a stereotypical “Modern Warfare/Halo fanboy”, but rather as an actual person, with my own unique traits, flaws, personality, etc. etc. I hope you can come to understand me, which will in turn help me better understand you.
However, above all, FUCK BRONIES.

In case nobody noticed, that was directly copied and pasted from one of Nair’s posts in the last Rant Thread which was a shitstorm.
This is probably close to the opposite of my real opinion.

Last edited Mar 04, 2012 at 09:18PM EST
Mar 04, 2012 at 09:16PM EST
Quote


You know what really Gear Grinds my Klingklangs? Garchomp. It seems like every time you see one, it’s just gonna be a Choice Scarfed Outrage. No variety at all, and everyone seems to have one. It’s like you have to be packing Ice Shard, and usually with an Ice Gem, or you just get Chomp’d up the pooper. That’s what really Gear Grinds my Klingklangs.

Mar 04, 2012 at 09:30PM EST
Quote

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

In case nobody noticed, that was directly copied and pasted from one of Nair’s posts in the last Rant Thread which was a shitstorm.
This is probably close to the opposite of my real opinion.

You should have probably let that be known in the same post. Let’s not remind ourselves of that incident. I have nothing against Nair, but it’s best that it has passed.

Mar 04, 2012 at 09:33PM EST
Quote

I hate it when people like something so much that they consider anything else in the same category to be complete shit and want everyone to feel the same. Such as computers, gaming consoles, beverages, many things.

Mar 04, 2012 at 09:49PM EST
Quote

>Sees OP

;_;

I have my emotional problems, ok?

:sobs in a corner:

Last edited Mar 04, 2012 at 11:17PM EST
Mar 04, 2012 at 11:08PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!