Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Mars Colony

Last posted Mar 14, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT. Added Mar 10, 2012 at 05:36PM EST
161 posts from 38 users

After all that's been happening, I have officially decided that Earth can go f*** itself. Rather than sticking/fixing our problems, I have decided to go and start a colony on Mars. In order to start this colony, I have decided to recruit the retarded scientifically advanced community that is KYM.

Here's the plan:

First, at 7:30 AM this coming Wednesday (at whatever timezone Nepal is in, sometime in Tuesday for the US) we are going to meet at the base of Mount Everest. We will head to the top at 7:45, whoever shows up after that will be left to be eaten by mountain lions.

Once we reach the top, we will wait for the moon to reach it's closest position to the peak. Each of us will then jump to the moon. If you can't make the jump, bring a pogo stick or a jetpack. If you still can't make the jump, don't bother coming. The gene pool will be better off without you. Speaking of gene pools, be sure to bring two members of the opposite sex with you.

Above: the moon

Once on the moon, we will wait until Mars is in closest proximity to the moon to make the next jump. We will set up some igloos, and I'll bring my TV, Wii, and a copy of Wii sports (the normal one, I can't afford Resorts).

Once we make the jump to Mars, I may or may not build a ladder or rope to Earth for those that couldn't make it to come with us. We will then set up a capital, and make the first steps to creating the grand utopia of Muffinator Supreme. In Muffins we trust.

Here are the things you will need to bring:

Bagged lunches/dinners: Once we actually get to Mars, we can feast upon the aliens that we all know live on there. Until then, you live on your food. I'm not sharing.

Pogo stick/jetpack (optional): for those that can't make the jumps on their own.

A space suit: It doesn't anything fancy, just enough until we get there.

A ficus: We will each need to bring our own in order to create an oxygen supply, since our oxygen tanks won't hold up forever.*

Two members of the opposite sex: We need a large diversity of genes in order for our colony to populate.

You can also bring your computers, TV's etc. Once we get up there, I plan on making a satellite out of NASA's robots to provide us with much needed internet. It's not like they do anything useful anyways.

Any questions?

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 05:38PM EST

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

Does Mai Waifu count?

If she's hot and can cook, then yes.

Also, we will need somebody with expertise in gathering resources and building structures. Any Minecrafters on here?

Don't be silly Douglas, this plan could not possibly fail

I have a pogo stick big enough to get us to the moon. I could even help by carrying some of you guys with me. I'll bring some tents too. I'm not sure how easy it will be to make igloo's out of moon dust.

There's air on the moon, right guise?

How about this: I throw slendy at mars, I grab his feet as he goes flying, next person grabs my feet, everyone else does the same. The momentum should get us there fast enough.

User Name wrote:

Or we can just go on this…

I'll cook with plenty of confidence^…..

Shotgun!

Shotgu- Awww…..

^(Reference for Hardcore Futurama Fans)

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 08:54PM EST

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

How about this: I throw slendy at mars, I grab his feet as he goes flying, next person grabs my feet, everyone else does the same. The momentum should get us there fast enough.

>New Plan
>Swing me around then toss me
>I'll gain enough speed to fly around and grab each person one by one
>After grabbing, I'll toss them and we can all fly.
>These screenshots

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 08:57PM EST

Don't worry guys I made a portal to mars!

I even toke a picture of what it's gonna look like outside of the portal!

Trust me making a mars colony is gonna be easy!

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 10:52PM EST

Muffins wrote:

After all that's been happening, I have officially decided that Earth can go f*** itself. Rather than sticking/fixing our problems, I have decided to go and start a colony on Mars. In order to start this colony, I have decided to recruit the retarded scientifically advanced community that is KYM.

Here's the plan:

First, at 7:30 AM this coming Wednesday (at whatever timezone Nepal is in, sometime in Tuesday for the US) we are going to meet at the base of Mount Everest. We will head to the top at 7:45, whoever shows up after that will be left to be eaten by mountain lions.

Once we reach the top, we will wait for the moon to reach it's closest position to the peak. Each of us will then jump to the moon. If you can't make the jump, bring a pogo stick or a jetpack. If you still can't make the jump, don't bother coming. The gene pool will be better off without you. Speaking of gene pools, be sure to bring two members of the opposite sex with you.

Above: the moon

Once on the moon, we will wait until Mars is in closest proximity to the moon to make the next jump. We will set up some igloos, and I'll bring my TV, Wii, and a copy of Wii sports (the normal one, I can't afford Resorts).

Once we make the jump to Mars, I may or may not build a ladder or rope to Earth for those that couldn't make it to come with us. We will then set up a capital, and make the first steps to creating the grand utopia of Muffinator Supreme. In Muffins we trust.

Here are the things you will need to bring:

Bagged lunches/dinners: Once we actually get to Mars, we can feast upon the aliens that we all know live on there. Until then, you live on your food. I'm not sharing.

Pogo stick/jetpack (optional): for those that can't make the jumps on their own.

A space suit: It doesn't anything fancy, just enough until we get there.

A ficus: We will each need to bring our own in order to create an oxygen supply, since our oxygen tanks won't hold up forever.*

Two members of the opposite sex: We need a large diversity of genes in order for our colony to populate.

You can also bring your computers, TV's etc. Once we get up there, I plan on making a satellite out of NASA's robots to provide us with much needed internet. It's not like they do anything useful anyways.

Any questions?

1: Mount Everest is not the highest point on earth. I believe this is what you were implying.

1a: It is impossible for a normal human to jump to the moon, a jetpack cannot carry enough fuel to lift a person to the moon whilst still being defined as a "pack", and a pogo stick being able to generate enough velocity to carry you hundreds of miles into the air (Not to mention the accuracy of its bounces necessary to not hit a loose rock or edge and fall off the mountain) is highly illogical.

2: Again, making any sort of jump to a heavenly body without the use of highly advanced shuttles is impossible, even more so from the moon to mars than from the earth to the moon.

2a: Building a rope to earth with the small number of people you have on mars, and practically no resources to do so, is impossible.

3: It is not proven that aliens live on Mars. It is purported that there are dead berries there, which may be a viable source of nutrients, but it is not recommended that one consume such an object without studying its composition.

Piano wrote:

1: Mount Everest is not the highest point on earth. I believe this is what you were implying.

1a: It is impossible for a normal human to jump to the moon, a jetpack cannot carry enough fuel to lift a person to the moon whilst still being defined as a "pack", and a pogo stick being able to generate enough velocity to carry you hundreds of miles into the air (Not to mention the accuracy of its bounces necessary to not hit a loose rock or edge and fall off the mountain) is highly illogical.

2: Again, making any sort of jump to a heavenly body without the use of highly advanced shuttles is impossible, even more so from the moon to mars than from the earth to the moon.

2a: Building a rope to earth with the small number of people you have on mars, and practically no resources to do so, is impossible.

3: It is not proven that aliens live on Mars. It is purported that there are dead berries there, which may be a viable source of nutrients, but it is not recommended that one consume such an object without studying its composition.

EXACTLY.

Piano wrote:

And I normally reserve this picture for opspe.

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 11:16PM EST

Piano wrote:

Dude…it's Minecraft. We can do what ever the hell we want, we just need the mod.

Cite wrote:

And I normally reserve this picture for opspe.

CitationNeeded
Complaining about someone being pessimistic
Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 11:21PM EST

Piano wrote:

WHAT HAVE WE HERE.

A GROUP OF SEVEN IDIOTS PREPARES TO EMBARK ON A JOURNEY TO ESTABLISH A NEW GLORIOUS LAND. EACH HAS BROUGHT A THING TO HELP THE JOURNEY.

Last edited Mar 10, 2012 at 11:55PM EST

RussianFedora wrote:

Mount Everest is not the highest point on earth.

Huh? Since when?

{a couple minutes of frantic Internet searching}

Ah, so you're suggesting Chimborazo to be a more efficient launch site? Agreed. Good work, RF.

Change of plans, everyone! Meet me in Ecuador; no need for pogo sticks, I'll just bring a trampoline.

@Brucker: leave them be. EVERYONE ELSE, TO ECUADOR!
also, just to make sure, i'm bringing my falcon flyer. not using public transport, too costly.

Last edited Mar 11, 2012 at 12:42AM EST

Brucker wrote:

RussianFedora wrote:

Mount Everest is not the highest point on earth.

Huh? Since when?

{a couple minutes of frantic Internet searching}

Ah, so you're suggesting Chimborazo to be a more efficient launch site? Agreed. Good work, RF.

Change of plans, everyone! Meet me in Ecuador; no need for pogo sticks, I'll just bring a trampoline.

THE SHUTTLE THING WAS A RUSE.

WE ARE NOW HAVE ECUADOR.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!