Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

306,169 total conversations in 8,827 threads

+ New Thread

Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music

Last posted Mar 16, 2012 at 02:38AM EDT. Added Mar 15, 2012 at 01:34PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

That link is a website designer’s total nightmare.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT

I WILL be using this.

EDIT: Someone has a bias against my favorite incarnation of Trance, it seems. Which, yes, I DID find on my own.

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

@Mr.J

Really? It looks like a simple flash animation to me. No problem to design that at all.

Anyway:

I detect a bit of bias in the genre descriptions but they are interesting none-the-less. Most of this stuff I have never heard of even though I am deeply involved it in.

It’s good to get a broader idea of the history of the stuff you listen to.

[edit]

So THAT’S what darkstep really is. I’ve been lied to!

[edit2]

It describes Drum and Bass as ‘Diet Jungle’. Based on how it described DNB, I actually have very little DNB collected. Instead I have been listening to Jungle this entire time. I wonder what opspe has to say about that.

Also Dubstep isn’t in there. Either this was made before Dubstep became fully known or that’s one heck of a burn.

[edit3]

But it gives very good regards to Neurofunk! It’s even got a sample from BSE. AWWWW YEAAA!!!

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT

Okay, there are quite a few inaccuracies in the history as well as the chronology and the relationships. Liquid Funk is not a classification of Jazzstep. This should not be considered the final word on anything. Especially concerning all the interjected opinion.

But I thought it was nice to get at least some background info on the various genres and get to know some of the roots. Up to this point, the differing genre’s have been very confusing.

Hopefully any errors get corrected in future versions

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 01:56AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 01:55AM EDT

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

I guess this Guide is a bit out of date…

But I heard the maker of this guide is already working on version 3.

I couldn’t find dubstep.

This guide is VERY out of date.

Mar 16, 2012 at 02:38AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!