Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

307,241 total conversations in 8,883 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Zombie Apocalypse: Thread Rising

Last posted Apr 07, 2012 at 05:31PM EDT. Added Mar 18, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
279 posts from 17 users

Original thread is clogged with posts, so a new one was requested.

for details on the game go here

The world is dead and so are its inhabitants. All turned to horrid flesh eating monster, turning the world itself into a desiccated corpse for them to feed on. They don’t think, they don’t breathe, they don’t feel pain, and they don’t care. All they do is eat. Every man woman and child on earth eaten or turned into horrid, moaning, desiccated, corpses.
They are all zombies.

Well not all of them. Whats left of humanity ( if you can still call it that ) is a menagerie of monsters and misfits that would make the zombies look almost friendly; Militia (whats left of the governments that failed to protect us) rule their land and their citizens with an iron fist. Roving packs of criminals prowl the waste in search of blood and resources. The kinds of Murders you’ve only heard of in horror films stalk every inch of the desiccated wastes.
Then there’s you. The lone survivor, the sole sane man in world of monsters. Your friends are dead, your path is unclear, and your fate is uncertain. The only thing left to do now is survive.

THE SURVIVORS

  • Bob
    Weapon: Barrett M468
    30 round mag (x3)
    Custom item: Jaguar XF
    Ammo: 213 bullets
    6.8 mm
    Resistance: 12 days
  • Ox Doxon
    Weapon: S&W .45 Recon
    7 round clip (x3)
    Custom item: wax wood staff
    Ammo: 262 bullets
    .45 magnum
    Resitance: 61 days
  • Derpy
    Weapon: Remington Model 673
    bolt action
    Custom item: Replica Broadsword (no long sword for you!)
    Ammo: 37 bullets
    .350 magnum
    Resistance: 24 day
  • Wsxdas
    H&K P7 (dual wield)
    8 round magazine (x6)
    Custom item: a calculator
    Ammo: 158 bullets (79 per gun)
    9 mm
    Resistance: 45 days
  • RPP
    Weapon: S&W Model 327
    8 shot
    Custom item: 2012 Chevy Silverado
    Ammo: 37 bullets
    .367 magnum
    Resistance: 27 days
  • BSoD
    Weapon: Remington XP-100
    bolt action
    Custom item: Steampunk revolver
    6 shots. fires bolts.
    Ammo: 114 bullets
    .260 caliber
    Resistance: 34 days
  • Explosive Lasers
    Weapon: French Pattern 1777
    musket
    Custom item: 6 walkie talkies (1.5 mile range)
    Ammo: 40 musket shots (and other items required)
    17 mm
    Resistance: 49 days
  • Dravitar
    Weapon: American SAR 180/275
    177 round drum (x 1)
    Custom item: Life insurance (immune to one bite)
    *Ammo: 36 bullets
    .22 caliber
    Resistance: 0 days
  • Muffinator Supreme
    Weapon: i acant find shit on the Adasa SMG so im just going to give you a Bullpup
    30 round magazine (x3)
    Custom item: engineering degree (succeed in all repairs)
    Ammo: 110 bullets
    7.62 mm
    Resistance: 87
  • Max_Crobar
    Weapon: MG 131 Machine Gun
    belt fed
    Custom Item: you get 2 days extra food in case of emergency
    Ammo: 59 bullets
    7.9mm
    Resistance: 32
  • William Schnell
    weapon: HK-770
    5 round magazine
    Custom item: a shirt
    Ammo: 30 bullets
    .308 caliber
    Resistance: 31 days
  • Ritku
    Weapon: S&W Model 2206
    10 round magazine
    Custom item: Coupons (10% discount at all npc shops)
    Ammo: 121 bullets
    .22 caliber
    Resistance: 94 days
  • Pyro
    Weapon: S&W Model 624
    6 shot revolver
    Custom item: life insurance (immune to one zombie bite)
    Ammo: 41 bullets
    .44 magnum
    Resistance: 16 days
  • DICKMUFFIN

Weapon: Beretta 1201FP
Custom item: life insurance (immune to one zombie bite)
Shotgun
Ammo: 67
Resistance: 17 days

THE ZOMBIES

  • Walker: Slow, dimwitted, zombies who have only the most basic brain function. only effective in large groups.
    Max Speed: 5
    Strength: 5 – 7
    Perception: 5
    Durability: 20
  • Sleeper: a zombie so damaged either physically if mentally that it just sits there motionless until something gets close enough to bite. VERY VERY SNEAKY
    Max Speed: 0 – 2
    Strength: 2 – 3
    Perception: 3
    Durability: 5
  • Crawler: Almost the same as a runner, the only difference being that this kind cant use its legs/ doesn’t have any legs. Very sneaky little buggers.
    Max Speed: 2-3
    Strength: 5 – 6
    Perception: 5
    Durability: 5 – 15
  • Runner: smarter, faster, and stronger then most zombies, the runner is the most dangerous of the basic infected. They are less damaged both physically and mentally and are capable of basic strategics.
    Max Speed: 9
    Strength: 11 – 13
    Perception: 8
    Durability: 25

All stats are there so you have a sense of just what the zombies are capable of.

the average human has 10 in all stats

there are also special infected so watch your asses

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
Quote

Woah. Seems pretty interesting!

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:38PM EDT

act one: left for thread

A lone figure stand silent at the precipice of a hill overlooking the cracked pavement of the highway. Abandoned by his “friends” and robed of all his earthly possessions, he has nothing left to do know but think about his next action.

so guys, what do?

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Quote

@Ox Doxon the poster has names that aren’t in the game anymore.

now will one of the players hurry up and claim the place of “lone figure”

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

BSOD overlooks the highway, still hurting from his car accident and suffering slight amnesia

Moments ago, BSOD woke up to the cold breeze bringing the odor of rotting flesh to his nose. He founds himself in the back seat of a completely totalled car. A car which he last recalled was heading to a Steampunk convention. Though he was injured and slightly suffering from amnesia, he found a way to open the jammed car doors and escape the wreckage

He wonders where the hell he is and who is around him. His surroundings look desolate and unrecognizable. The people he drove with are nowhere to be found, but blood that may have once been theirs, coated the vehicle hr once drove in.

BSOD goes back and loots the car but the only undamaged and potentially useful thing he can find is the bolt action pistol in the trunk. He was going to show that to a gun enthusiastic friend nearby.

The gun comes loaded with only 6 rounds. The only other thing he has is a small steampunk toy gun tied to his tattered steampunk costume

BSOD waits by the wreckage for a while, just in case anything shows up…

[edit]

Oh damn, Dickmuffin ninja’d me while I typed up my awesome intro.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

lol It’s in style 2 anyway.

Follow the highway.

Follow it.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT
Quote

@BSoD nice intro BSoD but i get to write the details of what happens to people in game, and whatever happened to “lone figure” that got him to that hill counts as in game. be free to come up with all kinds of backstory that doesn’t effect whats happening now.

really DICKMUFFIN? your not even curious as to why the hell your on a hill by yourself or your surroundings?

fine.

You (you being DICKMUFFIN) make your way down the hill to the highway below. Now most people might think it a good idea to stop and see where they are first, or at least try to figure out why the are on a hill by themselves in the middle of nowhere. But you are a man of action! you have no time for such petty concerns! you make your way down the hill to the highway, your furious decent unabated by the tall grass and debris strewn across it. As you walk down the highway (or should i say weave) you see a cluster of tall buildings in the distance.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
Quote

I know, I just wanted a really dramatic introduction before I started issuing commands.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:17PM EDT
Quote

until i introduce the next character yes

which would be now.

unbenounced to DICKMUFFIN there is more activity in said buildings then just mindless zombies. two figures walk side by side through the city streets weary of what my lie in wait around each corner.

CHARACTER SHIFT TO NEW GUYS

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Quote

>Waltz down toward the buildings. Stay clear enough though. Fuck bitches.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

ME ME ME! This is where I come in.

>Approach DICKMUFFIN, finger on trigger and call out to figure “Yo, you infected or not?”

Now who the hell is next to me?

[edit]

Wait are we near DICKMUFFIN or in a different location?

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:31PM EDT
Quote

you dont know about dick muffin. in fact hes not even close the the city yet

you are in the city. the big dark creepy city.

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:33PM EDT
Quote

HURRRRR! I R SO SMART!


Okay, let me try that again.

>Observe nearby stores. Identify places that might have loot

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT
Quote

it looks like most of the stores in the city have been looted already but you see a few convenience stores up the street that look relatively intact.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT
Quote

Alright, can I issue another command, or is there a waiting period? I.E: until someone takes the role of the guy I am with.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

no you can do whatever you want. for now the other person is an ncp

Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 11:50PM EDT
Mar 18, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

>Tell the guy to look around the corner, I’ll be right behind him

[tapes a “eat this guy first” sign to his back]

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:01AM EDT
Quote

You point to the store on the distance.

“Hey you see that”
– “Yeah. think there’s anything there?”
“go find out”
– “By myself?!”
“I’l cover you”
– “Fine…”

your companion starts walking towards the store only to be eaten by a hoard of angry zombies

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT
Quote

CHARACTER SHIFT
you are walking towards a big creepy store, in a big creepy city, full of big creepy zombies after a short argument with your not so creepy companion. (your not very disagreeable are you)

what do you do?

some one else write for a while (it doesnt matter who) im going to bed

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 01:11AM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT
Quote

I’ll go ahead and jump in here!
I’m not sure if you want a player to actively write… might be a bit cheating…
Backstory: College student. Herd about the virus on da tv before it was relatively widespread. Got ma big honkin SAR all cleaned up and ready, then went into the woods. When I came out a few days later, all psyched up for an awesome zombie-fighting adventure with ma friens, I saw that they were all infected. I couldn’t bring myself to kill ma friens, even if they were zombies, so I left the campus before they could see me, and stealthily wandered around until I found BSoD. I’m guessing that we don’t get along, but, you know, it is the apocolypse. Beggars can’t be choosers. So we have traveled the countryside for a few days, and have just come upon this town with a few remaining stores.
So: I walk slowly towards the store, keeping my eyes peeled for ANY movement.

Mar 19, 2012 at 06:37AM EDT
Quote

Looking out from my makeshift bunker within the store, I see a group of figures approaching the Kwik-E mart. Readying my firearm, I slowly creep out the back door to flank the mysterious group from behind.
HUDDAH HUDDA HUH!” I shout, my words muffled by the gas mask I wear. I pull the hammer back on my revolver and place the barrel up against the guy in the back’s head. As soon as the click of the hammer reaches their ears, they draw their weapons and I’m staring down the barrels of several loaded weapons.

Mar 19, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Quote

dravitar wrote:

I’ll go ahead and jump in here!
I’m not sure if you want a player to actively write… might be a bit cheating…
Backstory: College student. Herd about the virus on da tv before it was relatively widespread. Got ma big honkin SAR all cleaned up and ready, then went into the woods. When I came out a few days later, all psyched up for an awesome zombie-fighting adventure with ma friens, I saw that they were all infected. I couldn’t bring myself to kill ma friens, even if they were zombies, so I left the campus before they could see me, and stealthily wandered around until I found BSoD. I’m guessing that we don’t get along, but, you know, it is the apocolypse. Beggars can’t be choosers. So we have traveled the countryside for a few days, and have just come upon this town with a few remaining stores.
So: I walk slowly towards the store, keeping my eyes peeled for ANY movement.

The first thing you notice about the store is the appalling odor. It never smells nice anymore, but the smell was fresh. Salty, rotten, and evil. The store seemed to be a former General store, snuggled between two other establishments into a single block building. The red bricks of the building show through the chipping and rotting paint that may have once gleamed in the sun. Old wooden boards are haphazardly nailed along the rows of broken windows, a small attempt to block out intrusion. You can see the remains of a sign, the name “Kwik-E-Mart” barely legible.

The doorway itself is wide open. Where the door once stood is now a gaping hole, the door torn from its hinges, and broken planks line the edge of the frame, splintered and broken. A man sized shape must have torn its way into the building. All along the windows and doorway, old gore marks where the undead had scratched and clawed in an attempt to get inside. You can imagine the scenario: A group of employees and some refugees, cowering inside, while the tides of the risen moan and scream, beating and tearing at the place, desperate to fill an empty, soulless hunger.

You stare into the opening of the store, and allow your eyes to adjust. Once accustomed to the darkness, you can see inside.The entire place is a mess. Splinters and a sprinkle of gore cover the entire floor, and a thick layer of dust has settled over nearly everything. Just inside, the counter can be seen nestled in the corner, shelves of what would have been cigarettes or alcohol stripped bare. Even the register his broken and spewed out, its former wealth having been stripped for whatever reason. Further down inside, rows of tall shelves line the store, each holding a paltry sum of its designated stock. Little remains, but for some cans of food, the odd toy, and some very specific medications that would have done little for generic use.

Near the end of the store, the dust on the floor is disturbed, and the dull gleam of tile can be seen. A door lies just in front, the heavy steel kind, used to either guard something important, or keep out the heat. It is most likely a freezer. You can hear nothing inside the store, the buzz of electricity usually marking a place of business is gone forever, leaving an eerie, deathly quiet.

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 04:06PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:

Looking out from my makeshift bunker within the store, I see a group of figures approaching the Kwik-E mart. Readying my firearm, I slowly creep out the back door to flank the mysterious group from behind.
HUDDAH HUDDA HUH!” I shout, my words muffled by the gas mask I wear. I pull the hammer back on my revolver and place the barrel up against the guy in the back’s head. As soon as the click of the hammer reaches their ears, they draw their weapons and I’m staring down the barrels of several loaded weapons.

Dravitar has claimed this place.

Also the writers do the writing.

Mar 19, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT
Quote

(actually, DICKMUFFIN, me and BSoD are walking towards the store. I think that Pyro can be in the store, and not mess anything up…?)

“Creepy,” Dravitar thinks, as he slowly walks into the store, avoiding the larger bones and carcasses left on the floor. He makes his way over to the shelves of food, and gatheres the last can of refried beans, some cans of vienna sausage, and SPAM!!!! (which, if no one else knows, is a Super-Food!)
Putting the food into his pack, he checks outside to see if any zombies were headed his way, and he sees a lone figure pointing a revolver at the head of one of a small group of people. From this distance, it is difficult to see if the group is zombie or human.
“Well, at least the one holding the gun is human, because zombies can’t use firearms… as of yet.” He shivers at the notion of the walking dead using distance weapons. “I don’t want to scare him, he might shoot at me instinctively. I’ll just go investigate that old freezer.”
I walk over to the freezer, and slowly drag it open. Inside, I find… what exactly, O omniscient story-boarders?

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT
Quote

(I think, as is, there are a few writers, who introduce opportunities for players to step in as we go along. The writers take turns.

Writers are:

Me
Wsxdas (im not sure)
Explosive Lasers
Kasrkai (possibly)

In 404’s words, of course.

So, for the moment, Karskai’s description is what’s going on. The three current characters are BSOD, DICKMUFFINS, and BSOD’s companion.

I think DICKMUFFINS is Kasrkai, to clarify.)

Mar 19, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT
Quote

I can’t actually take any roles for a little while. Don’t worry, I’ll get to it though.

Mar 19, 2012 at 04:35PM EDT
Quote

((Pyro hasn’t been introduced (I think I will now though), BSoD is hanging back, and I haven’t reached the City yet. Also, don’t make events happen by yourselves or make up loot, it breaks GM. Just say to loot and we’ll provide.))

The hinges of the door are revealed to be cracked and rusted with age. Upon the first pull, the door groans and squeaks, refusing to yield. However, you gather your strength, and pull back, this time using the entire force of your body. The door cries out in protest, and rust falls in dark flakes from the edges as the door opens.

A blast of cold air slams into your face, a not completely unwelcome break from the dry, hot air outside. The inside is even darker than the store, and you take another moment to adjust. The freezer, like the store, had been mostly stripped, only leaving some specific tools for freezer repair. The room is made of dull steel, unpainted and covered with layers of frost. The floor and walls are covered with a surprising amount of gore, frozen in some places, and a single human corpse lies in front. To the right, the freezer turns into another section, the gore trailing into it like strips of red cloth.

Outside, BSoD has taken it upon himself to reach the entrance of the door.

((BSoD can give commands now.))

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 04:45PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT
Quote

No we aren’t.

Dickmuffin was joke from the IRC.

RocketPropelledPanda caught me like a Pokemon and Renamed me DICKMUFFIN.

Also, you should take over now, I’m going to be gone for a bit.

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
Quote

And I’ll take the next spot after Bob’s.

Mar 19, 2012 at 07:03PM EDT

after Schnell’s, I guess. That is, unles my spot in the convienence store is okay with you.

Mar 19, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT
Quote

IM NOT WRITING ANYMORE

i dont have the time for it. as is i only get about an hour online when you take school and social life into consideration meaning im not exactly the best candidate for writer. plus only a few people are on at any given time anyway.

In short the thread will most likely die as no one is really willing to run this full time and its bloated corpse will become your problem to deal with, not mine.

PEACE OUT BITCHES!

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT
Quote

A man sits in his house, the smell of rotting flesh permeating in from all directions. The doors and windows are bolted and the house is secure, but food is running low. He’ll need to venture into town or he’s gonna starve.

@404 whoa little homie, I got your back! DONT GIVE UP FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

i dont have the time damn it! i got shit to do! important shit to do! Which doesn’t leave allot of space for the zombie RPG. I’m afraid i wouldnt be able to provide my services as writer very effectively (some times not at all) so im not writing anymore.

Now stop negging me you whiny bitches. If not for me there wouldn’t be a Zombie RPG in the first place.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

i dont have the time damn it! i got shit to do! important shit to do! Which doesn’t leave allot of space for the zombie RPG. I’m afraid i wouldnt be able to provide my services as writer very effectively (some times not at all) so im not writing anymore.

Now stop negging me you whiny bitches. If not for me there wouldn’t be a Zombie RPG in the first place.

Don’t worry, bro. I’ve got your back. Yeah, real life sucks, but you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. It’s a shame that you can’t continue, but good luck in your future endeavors.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

I suppose I will take on the role or writer while I can.

But if I may ask, please don’t preform scenarios of your own. Even if it’s a small thing, specify what you do.

So yeah. Anybody who wants to be in just say so now, and I’ll magic up a scenario. Also, don’t worry about waiting to make a command. This trading roles stuff is BS.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
Quote

Okay so who are the writers? I need a more comprehensive list

Anyway It’s my turn

>Look for light switch and turn it on.
>DO NOT MAKE ANY NOISE!

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

talk about it in the original thread

Now back to the game

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

I want to be in. I would also like to make a request. Can I fill the trunk of my car with highly destructive explosives? Feel free to deny me this request, I’ll just try and find some in game if I can.

Edit: But why necro an old thread when a new thread was made to make the old thread obsolete?

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Mar 19, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!