Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,608 total conversations in 8,978 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
T.V. Shows and Games That are Terrible, Only to You

Last posted Apr 09, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT. Added Mar 28, 2012 at 04:04AM EDT
61 posts from 42 users

South Park

A show about four 4th graders swearing, Zippety-dooh-daa.
The show is very disturbing and really has no funny or comedic writing around it besides toilet humor. These are the people who are bad-mouthing Family Guy about their terrible writing and lack of comedy. (For the record, I don’t watch Family Guy either)

Preparing for the negs…

Mar 28, 2012 at 04:04AM EDT

Inb4 My Little Ponies Friendship is magic.

Anyways, I dislike Regular Show and Family Guy.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 04:07AM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 04:06AM EDT
Quote


Do I even need a reason?

Inb4 Shitstorm.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 04:24AM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 04:22AM EDT

Herobrine wrote:


Do I even need a reason?

Inb4 Shitstorm.

Goddamnnit I was literally about to post that gif you jerk

Also I can see absolutely no way in which this thread could turn ugly. None at all!

But yeah, there are no TV shows that I find terrible that everyone else likes. And if they do like what I hate, then they’re WRONG.

Mar 28, 2012 at 04:33AM EDT
Quote

As Gespenst predicted, I do find MLP crap. I’m fine with little girls watching it, but as for men I’m slightly appalled. It’s just that Bronies always put ponies EVERYWHERE. Not even LOLcats could go this big. And I don’t know why Bronies watch this, but its none of my business. I don’t think it’s ever gonna stop…

I never watched it and I never will.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 04:37AM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 04:36AM EDT

User Name wrote:

As Gespenst predicted, I do find MLP crap. I’m fine with little girls watching it, but as for men I’m slightly appalled. It’s just that Bronies always put ponies EVERYWHERE. Not even LOLcats could go this big. And I don’t know why Bronies watch this, but its none of my business. I don’t think it’s ever gonna stop…

I never watched it and I never will.

Thank you for being honest, and keeping the flaming to a minimum (by hater standards anyway). You’re safe from my neg this time.

However, I believe your hate is caused by a lack of understanding. I’m not going to get all preachy, but perhaps if you opened your mind a bit, and took the time to watch one episode or two, you’d understand.


Family Guy is terrible. Referencing everything you possibly can in a 22 minute period is neither funny or clever. It’s offensive for the sake of being offensive, unlike South Park (which is overrated but still great), which actually provides some social satire.

Mar 28, 2012 at 04:50AM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Thank you for being honest, and keeping the flaming to a minimum (by hater standards anyway). You’re safe from my neg this time.

However, I believe your hate is caused by a lack of understanding. I’m not going to get all preachy, but perhaps if you opened your mind a bit, and took the time to watch one episode or two, you’d understand.


Family Guy is terrible. Referencing everything you possibly can in a 22 minute period is neither funny or clever. It’s offensive for the sake of being offensive, unlike South Park (which is overrated but still great), which actually provides some social satire.

Watch MLP?

I’m sorry, but no. I know there’s something in that show that makes people like it, but no.

Family Guy, meanwhile, is kinda crap. I watch it sometimes, there are only a few funny stuff in it. The rest are all unrelated flashbacks that are attempts at comedy. There is a two-part South Park episode based on how Family Guy hardly has plot lines. So true, like the WWE episode.

South Park itself is a little stupid. Fourth graders that swear and weird catastrophes. The disasters were the old episodes which were weird. Now, it’s all full of stereotypes and NSFW scenes. In the intro you can already see a cartoon orgy.

Anyway, Call of Duty. Even though many people hate it, a majority defend it. Call of Duty has gone old and dry. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War were great. Now we got crappy ones like Black Ops and MW3. The Infinity Ward ones are all the same and the Treyarch ones are all full of Illuminati crap. The only part of Black Ops I like is Zombies and yet they messed it up with Freemasonry, Paranormal Activity and Satanism. Call of Duty really has to stop.

Mar 28, 2012 at 05:04AM EDT

PEOPLE DON’T LIKE SHOWS THAT I LIKE! I’M GOING RAGE SO HARD GUYS! LIKE SERIOUSLY! I’M SO MAD!

Get ready for it! Here comes the rant!

Heeere it comes!

Any time now…

Nah, I don’t care ;)

So I like some episodes of South Park and Family Guy because its easy to make me laugh and they do the job for now. I know shows like Drawn Together are funnier and way more original, but it’s not like I have to stop enjoying one to enjoy the other. And South park is not all swearing and kicking babies out of windows, sometimes they do have good idea’s.

But if other people don’t like them, that’s cool. I totally understand.

I can see why they can be considered lame or offensive; the jokes in both are really hit-or-miss. Plus they have truly slipped over the years. South Park and Family Guy used to be so much better when they first started out. No arguments there.

As for MLP, well obviously cuteness and innocence wont appeal to everyone. That’s understandable.

Jimmies status: Unrustled

To be honest, there isn’t much I find terrible. I either enjoy it or I don’t give a shit about it

…except those reality shows that just involve recording the personal lives of ordinary people who act like twats because they are on camera. To hell with every last one of them.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 05:33AM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 05:23AM EDT
Quote

User Name wrote:

Watch MLP?

I’m sorry, but no. I know there’s something in that show that makes people like it, but no.

Family Guy, meanwhile, is kinda crap. I watch it sometimes, there are only a few funny stuff in it. The rest are all unrelated flashbacks that are attempts at comedy. There is a two-part South Park episode based on how Family Guy hardly has plot lines. So true, like the WWE episode.

South Park itself is a little stupid. Fourth graders that swear and weird catastrophes. The disasters were the old episodes which were weird. Now, it’s all full of stereotypes and NSFW scenes. In the intro you can already see a cartoon orgy.

Anyway, Call of Duty. Even though many people hate it, a majority defend it. Call of Duty has gone old and dry. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War were great. Now we got crappy ones like Black Ops and MW3. The Infinity Ward ones are all the same and the Treyarch ones are all full of Illuminati crap. The only part of Black Ops I like is Zombies and yet they messed it up with Freemasonry, Paranormal Activity and Satanism. Call of Duty really has to stop.

Don’t worry, the resistance stage soon transitions into the curiosity stage. It will all work out in the end.

I know it’s hard to maintain a blind hatred of something by virtue of hate alone. Trust me, I was like that to dubstep. Checked out a couple songs and I realized…

Oh God, this is music? And so, my blind hatred blossomed into a legit hatred which I could easily uphold. Perhaps that could work for you s well. Watch an episode (inb4NEVARR!!), find that it sucks, continue hating on MLP, this time even harder because you actually have reasons to hate it instead of “itz fer little gurlz lol.” Perhpas it will be for little girls in your eyes, but you’ll never know if you don’t try.


Back to thread. Call of Duty sucks, no originality, same game-full price, blahblahblah.

Mar 28, 2012 at 05:30AM EDT
Quote

Used to love this show, but then I took a season 9 to the knee.

Mar 28, 2012 at 05:49AM EDT

Saporian wrote:

Used to love this show, but then I took a season 9 to the knee.

Oh God, Ashton Kutcher. He’s good, but the show was definitely better with Charlie Sheen. Charlie Harper was such a good character because of his sarcasm. Now, Walden’s only like a child but Jake’s actually got that spot filled. No point and it’s much less funnier.

Mar 28, 2012 at 05:55AM EDT

Any anime. I used to like some, but now I can’t stomach any of it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:27AM EDT
Quote

Saporian wrote:

Used to love this show, but then I took a season 9 to the knee.

The fact that Two and a Half Men of all things can be considered to have Jumped the Shark is a terrifying thought for me.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:29AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

Any anime. I used to like some, but now I can’t stomach any of it.

Thomas?
How’d you get into Kasrkai’s account?


With that being said, I can’t stand RWJ or Tosh.0.
Can’t stand it.
Also inb4 Thomas Nair.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 07:32AM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 07:32AM EDT
Quote

Dane wrote:

Thomas?
How’d you get into Kasrkai’s account?


With that being said, I can’t stand RWJ or Tosh.0.
Can’t stand it.
Also inb4 Thomas Nair.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:38AM EDT
Quote

Right off the top of my head:

MLP: FiM. (Can’t type it in full, high risk of extreme vomiting.) If only it hadn’t taken off on the internet, I wouldn’t give a fuck about this shit. But because it’s fucking everywhere, I have to put up with it. Sickens me.

JRPGs. I need not go into detail.

Medieval setting WRPGs. Personally, I’d rather just shoot them and have it be done with. But no, you force me to use things like swords and magic. Not interested.

Most forms of on road motorsport, especially open wheel, like Formula 1 or IZOD Indy Car Series. Boring as fuck. How can going around the same circuit for hours on end be entertaining? If I watch, it’s only for the crashes.

Halo franchise. (Cue shitstorm flamefest.) The best thing I can say about these games is that the shooting mechanics are solid. But there’s no character, no plot, no connection to the universe. It feels empty, hollow.

Platformers. (Cue bigger shitstorm.) I’m just not the type for jumping around.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl. (Cue Melee vs. Brawl shitstorm.) Put bluntly, the mechanics of Brawl are stupid and horrible when compared to Melee. Hitstun, or lack thereof, is just the tip of the iceberg.

Mar 28, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT

MLP

My life was ruined when I realized this. >:(
No offence to any bronies…

Mar 28, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote

I’m about the 23rd person to say it, but:

and

They’re just offensive for the sake of being offensive, and terribly unfunny.



I don’t find either very fun. Oblivion was outright terrible to me. Skyrim is better. I can at least tolerate it, but still not very fun.


I read the first book. I don’t get why people like it so much, it’s just a piss poor justification for having children murder each other.


No need for explanation.


Ugh.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg, too.

Mar 28, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT
Quote

Excellent, Cite summed up my thoughts exactly. Except I would add that I have a general distaste for all things anime.

And I really hate CS.

Mar 28, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT
Quote

I dislike the entire anime/manga culture. The only exception that could be made is Death Note (which doesn’t keep me from disapproving a lot of stuff from it, incluing the character of Misa which is horribly annoying).

Mar 28, 2012 at 03:13PM EDT
Quote

My soul vomits every time i even hear the name…it’s…the jersey shore

God the show is just awful, after watching just one episode it left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not even sure how anyone can even call this abomination TV.
Other than that id have to say

I hate realistic shooters because i don’t see what’s so fun about 2 weapon slots dying in about 4-5 shots and shitty plots about russia invading america. In fact why are there so many games that all have this plot?

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 03:17PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

My soul vomits every time i even hear the name…it’s…the jersey shore

God the show is just awful, after watching just one episode it left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not even sure how anyone can even call this abomination TV.
Other than that id have to say

I hate realistic shooters because i don’t see what’s so fun about 2 weapon slots dying in about 4-5 shots and shitty plots about russia invading america. In fact why are there so many games that all have this plot?

The former I can agree with.

The latter, as long as they’re not exceedingly brown/grey and aren’t that over the top(MW2 and 3 felt like they should be Bay movies), I like ‘em. They’re usually better than Halo. Usually.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

MLP:FiM.
Now before you judge this to be a hater comment, I have watched the show. I found it to be unentertaining, dealing with uncomplex and immature issues, and in general boring. I know there’s a lot of hype over the animation, but it doesn’t work for me. Also, the characters are remarkably one-dimensional.

Mar 28, 2012 at 03:52PM EDT

Any reality show that features sluts and douchebags. Also include any reality show that doesn’t feature any competition whatsoever.

@MDFication: Same with me. I only gave the first two episodes a look just to see what was so great (if there even was anything) and it’s essentially what you expect from something in a frachise such as that. Underdevelopment, mediocre animation, and stuff that only females should view.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT
Quote

>Hating a show while not having watched even an episode.

I’m sorry, but that reasoning lacks on all sides.

MDF and Adam gave some episodes a shot and didn’t like it, so I don’t mind them. They tried, it didn’t appeal, end of story.

But saying “Only females should watch it”, not only is that discriminating towards, well, both genders, it also makes no sense. It’s like saying a female can’t ride a bike made for males.

You’re free to dislike it, but I hate bad arguments. The spam arguments make more sense in that case. And I agree with those actually, bronies tend to spam a bit every now and then. But that’s also just a small group, don’t generalize everyone in that group. It’s like saying all furries fap to furry porn.

Just my two cents.


As for the topic:

I hate reality shows, stuff like Jersey Shore and others.

Why make a fool of yourself in real life on tv without following a script? I don’t get it.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 05:00PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

User Name wrote:

As Gespenst predicted, I do find MLP crap. I’m fine with little girls watching it, but as for men I’m slightly appalled. It’s just that Bronies always put ponies EVERYWHERE. Not even LOLcats could go this big. And I don’t know why Bronies watch this, but its none of my business. I don’t think it’s ever gonna stop…

I never watched it and I never will.

If you’ve never watched it, you can’t really judge it, but that’s not the point of this thread, so I’m moving on.

Want to know what I don’t like?

Along with the other CoD games since WaW. I liked WaW, but the others didn’t do it for me. They’re okay games, and I could understand liking them, because the plot is fairly tense, well-made, and cinematic, but I just don’t enjoy them.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Final Fantasy too.

They’re okay games, and I could understand the following and everything, but it’s just not to my taste. Oddly enough, I’ve gotten so many hours out of shittier JRPGs. I think I’m messed up.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT
Quote

I don’t like first person shooters or anything realistically gory/violent. I can take to destroying a foe with spell of a magicked sword, but to be honest, I don’t care to spill blood and guts. It disgusts me. That pretty much kills any first person shooter for me along with a lot of games many users here seem to like (Which is why I don’t want to play TF2, and why I’m not going to give it a shot.) I could understand that the mechanics of the game extend far beyond simple gore, and that some of the games have a great story, but there are plenty of other places to get a story.

Even if the creature was an alien or someone who wanted me dead more than anyone else, I’m not quite sure I could pull the trigger. And if I could, I wouldn’t want to. I most certainly don’t want to do it for fun. I love sports and I like a sporting fight. I don’t mind taking a few bruises. But I don’t want to gun anything down.
 
I also dislike reality television shows. I only become invested in individual people I like, and most of the people I like get along well with most people. They generally don’t insult people, they generally aren’t loud, they can hold their tongue, and they are open-minded.

Those people don’t get on reality shows.

Also, what is portrayed on reality shows is drama. People are chosen based on their chances to clash. I like helping people out with stuff that comes up in life, but I don’t want to see it for fun.

Mar 28, 2012 at 05:44PM EDT

I quit watching tv since it became garbage.

Why: Where I live, tv only contain stupidity such as reality show, Canadian Idol (or similar contest), top model shit, mainstream dance contest, boring news, cartoons for moron, and dumb commercial.

Tv nowaday is the perfect guide to become a pure idiot.Tv for me is dead.I’m on the internet all the time now because there’s more thing available online & it’s more entertaining.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT

Only thing I seem to dislike is just reality shows also especially Jersey Shore. Shows that pays the actors millions to be retarded like Snookie or how the hell her name is spelled (Btw the fucking whore is pregnant if you did not know). It just shows that all you have to be is really fucked up in the head and make a total ass of yourself to make millions and get attention. That is what the message seems to be sending to the audience at least.

Mar 28, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT
Quote

TV shows:
OH GOD WHERE TO BEGIN
Sub-categories:
Things that used to be funny but now are just plain stupid-
Family Guy or anything made by the same guys
South Park (Okay, the Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs was funny, but only the first time)
Most anime (With the exclusion of Bleach and a few select others)
Things I flat-out hated when they first started-
All the stuff on Nick, Disney, and the so-called “Mtv” (It was fine when you guys showed MUSIC!)
Video games:
All the third party games that are rotting away on the shelves

Mar 28, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT
Quote

There seem to be tons of television shows that are popular on the internet that I don’t like, e.g. Phineas and Ferb, The Regular Show, Adventure Time, and of course, the obvious one. They just don’t really appeal to me. ‘Course, it’s fine with me if other people like them; we all have different tastes, after all.

Now, before people say “how can you hate things like MLP if you haven’t seen them?”, keep in mind that I have run into some information about them, e.g. browsing things on TV Tropes and seeing something the show followed, or comments on memes, or stuff like that. Because I’ll be frank; the memes and such are everywhere… Even so, the shows still don’t seem interesting to me. And I don’t necessarily have to see something to judge it.

Still, just my two cents. Take it how you will.

Mar 28, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT

William Schnell wrote:

Now, before people say “how can you hate things like MLP if you haven’t seen them?”, keep in mind that I have run into some information about them, e.g. browsing things on TV Tropes and seeing something the show followed, or comments on memes, or stuff like that. Because I’ll be frank; the memes and such are everywhere… Even so, the shows still don’t seem interesting to me. And I don’t necessarily have to see something to judge it.


I used to absolutely loathe the show, what with all the stupid memes and captioned pictures showing up. Seriously, what the Hell is wrong with you people?
Then I watched it.
Yep.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

GIANTDAD wrote:

My soul vomits every time i even hear the name…it’s…the jersey shore

God the show is just awful, after watching just one episode it left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not even sure how anyone can even call this abomination TV.
Other than that id have to say

I hate realistic shooters because i don’t see what’s so fun about 2 weapon slots dying in about 4-5 shots and shitty plots about russia invading america. In fact why are there so many games that all have this plot?

I too, wholeheartedly agree with the former. What’s worse, I live not 10 minutes away (driving distance) from the place where they shoot the show. I hate how everyone thinks all people from New Jersey are like this. I am absolutely nothing like them, I assure you. You don’t have to hate me. As for the latter, I don’t really care much. I’ll play them, but just casually.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

The only case I can think of right now is…

Squidbillies

I know most Adult Swim shows tend to be chaotic, but I actually enjoy most of them, I still like AUPS1/ATHF even after many years of watching it (being either online or TV); but I don’t really find the appeal of this particular show made by one of the creators of ATHF. Maybe it’s because I don’t like the design (but I actually liked 12 Oz. Mouse for some reason…) or plotlines. But I still don’t get how this show has lasted 7 seasons and it’s still ongoing!

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:50PM EDT
Quote

Most anime is terrible. All the characters look exactly the same except their hair, the animation is piss poor- half the animation is moving lips, the same “plots” are used over and over again, clichés abound, the characters have no personality at all, I could go on and on.

And when i say this, I mean the animes made by Japanese weaboos (which is somehow possible) and animated by people who get paid $2 an hour. I’m not hating on the genre as a whole, I love the older stuff like Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Neo Genesis Evangelion, first season Pokemon, Sailor Moon (but not the horrible English dub), etc., not the recycled junk that gets crapped out nowadays.

The only newer ones that I like right now are Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, which is weird, but has a unique art style which I’m totally in love with, and Death Note, which is overrated, but the premise is interesting and enjoyable.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Quote

I don’t want to watch MLP: FiM.
I don’t want to become a brony.
I mean, i’m FINE with bronies, but I just don’t want to be suckid into the fandom.
Maybe sometime i’ll watch it with my IRL friends and laugh at it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT
Quote

@Douglas

That’s actually what most people do. It’s just a cartoon.


I find myself nodding my head to everyone that dislikes reality TV shows like Jersey Shore (especially Jersey Shore)

There are only a few rare gems in Reality TV (like Police 10-7 IMO) that actually are interesting but the rest just end up just being the same thing over and over.

In the end, you realize you are just wasting your time watching some ordinary, unremarkable douchebag(s) waste his own time. That’s reality TV


I can say that realistic First Person Shooters don’t appeal to me either.

Unlike Verbose I am a huge fan of FPS. The killing and gore doesn’t phase me. It’s only a game, it’s not like there is any real malice going on. Besides, I play for the skill and competition that FPS offers. I crave the fast paced action and excitement

But realism gets in the way of that action and excitement. I want to be able to fly across rooms, while dual wielding two rocket launchers and still accurately pegging a pair of enemies across the map at 100 kmph! I don’t want to have to wait 5 seconds just to pull my gun sights up to my crosshairs.

Call of Duty and Modern Warfare is too slow and dull for me. That’s why I still play games like Urban Terror which puts fun ahead of realism. They are fast, intense and energetic and I love it.

Last edited Mar 28, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Douglas

That’s actually what most people do. It’s just a cartoon.


I find myself nodding my head to everyone that dislikes reality TV shows like Jersey Shore (especially Jersey Shore)

There are only a few rare gems in Reality TV (like Police 10-7 IMO) that actually are interesting but the rest just end up just being the same thing over and over.

In the end, you realize you are just wasting your time watching some ordinary, unremarkable douchebag(s) waste his own time. That’s reality TV


I can say that realistic First Person Shooters don’t appeal to me either.

Unlike Verbose I am a huge fan of FPS. The killing and gore doesn’t phase me. It’s only a game, it’s not like there is any real malice going on. Besides, I play for the skill and competition that FPS offers. I crave the fast paced action and excitement

But realism gets in the way of that action and excitement. I want to be able to fly across rooms, while dual wielding two rocket launchers and still accurately pegging a pair of enemies across the map at 100 kmph! I don’t want to have to wait 5 seconds just to pull my gun sights up to my crosshairs.

Call of Duty and Modern Warfare is too slow and dull for me. That’s why I still play games like Urban Terror which puts fun ahead of realism. They are fast, intense and energetic and I love it.

Agreed with the realistic FSS.

I’ll stick with TF2.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

William Schnell wrote:

Now, before people say “how can you hate things like MLP if you haven’t seen them?”, keep in mind that I have run into some information about them, e.g. browsing things on TV Tropes and seeing something the show followed, or comments on memes, or stuff like that. Because I’ll be frank; the memes and such are everywhere… Even so, the shows still don’t seem interesting to me. And I don’t necessarily have to see something to judge it.


I used to absolutely loathe the show, what with all the stupid memes and captioned pictures showing up. Seriously, what the Hell is wrong with you people?
Then I watched it.
Yep.

You sound like my brother.

Who converted me.

Dear God… the show holds more power than should be contained. I don’t know whether to take satisfaction in it, or fight for those who wish for freedom…

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Quote

I agree. I can’t believe people like Jersey Shore at all. It’s not even stupid in a funny way. I find it to be one of the least amusing shows on television.

That and…any of the “Genre” Movies. Scary Movie and Shriek if You Know What I Did Friday the 13th or something like that…those were okay. But all the others are cod-awful.

Mar 29, 2012 at 01:02AM EDT
Quote

Silver Chariot wrote:

The only case I can think of right now is…

Squidbillies

I know most Adult Swim shows tend to be chaotic, but I actually enjoy most of them, I still like AUPS1/ATHF even after many years of watching it (being either online or TV); but I don’t really find the appeal of this particular show made by one of the creators of ATHF. Maybe it’s because I don’t like the design (but I actually liked 12 Oz. Mouse for some reason…) or plotlines. But I still don’t get how this show has lasted 7 seasons and it’s still ongoing!

I actually got turned off of Squidbillies for a while because of the… Dystopian feel of the environment on the show. A single corporation runs everything, the whole nation is run by a shadow government of police clones, and the family is living in stark poverty in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise, it’s actually pretty funny.

Mar 29, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT
Quote

MLP:FiM
“Why did you hate a show that you haven’t watch?”
I do,in fact,Watched the whole first season. It was the most mediocre and overrated show I’ve watched.

Homestuck
Too many perspective jumps and the story is just a cluster of red strings tied together in no order.


Inb4

Mar 29, 2012 at 01:41AM EDT
Quote

MLP. And yes, I’ve watched it. 13 or so episodes by this point. And yes, I’m still trying to find something to enjoy about it, some way to like it, or at least some way to cope with the fanbase posting it everywhere. But no. There is nothing I enjoy about this show.
So I’m just gonna come out right here and say this right now, because I need to let of a little steam: I think MLP is a crappy show, and bronies spam the hell out of it worse than anything I’ve ever seen in my life.
The show is simple and girly, the songs are saccharine and downright painful to listen to, the plots make no sense, the characters are completely overblown and exaggerated, Pinkie Pie is the most annoying character ever, the canon/continuity is fucked up and gets worse with every episode, the “humor” is cheesy and cringeworthy, it lacks any wit, and in 13 episodes I laughed exactly once. IF IT’S REALLY AS GOOD AS YOU SAY, THEN SOMEBODY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PROVE IT TO ME.
Ahem… *regains composure

Mar 29, 2012 at 01:54AM EDT

Another one, but I’ll have to explain a bit of background so people don’t get a bad idea.

I guess most of us had a favorite show in our childhoods that we tend to revisit with nostalgia or just because it’s a great show. I was born in 1994 and during my whole childhood I could call myself a Dragon Ball fanboy, I used to get everything my partents could find related to the series, including figures, illustrations and even japanese volumes (long short story, I’m not sure how did I get those). I knew the whole series and I could also perform most of the dialog and battle scenes (with childlike quality, of course).

This obsession with Dragon Ball was so enormous I finally decided to collect the manga in the mexican edition starting in 2007 and finishing in 2010 (85 out of print mini volumes are not that easy to find, should I tell you). When I finally collected the whole manga I started reading it ina marathon that lasted around two weeks. When I finished reading it I realized something… Akira Toriyama sucks at long term narrative structure, but what would you expect from a popular artist who was actually forced to continue a story he really wanted to end early.

It was around this time that I discovered the whole Dragon Ball Kai release and I was exited since I also hated the filler episodes. During this process there was a huge backlash among the latin american fandom regarding the new voice actors for this series. Seeing how butthurt were these people I finally discovered I didn’t like the anime as much as I did when I was a kid. The fandom ruined it for me, regarding it as one of the “best spanish dubbed series of all time”; bullshit, it wasn’t that good. In the end I removed my nostalgia goggles and now I can only read the manga and watch the series in English since I hate the mexican dubs (BOTH of them) and I don’t really like the idea of hearing a japanese woman playing a 20-40 year old man.

TL;DR: I don’t like Dragon Ball Z as a dubbed anime series.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 02:26AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

@Nintendork

You know; you are rustling up your own jimmies by asking, or waiting for proof that [subjective aspect here] is good to you. You won’t ever get that because you will only get opinions. You are the only one who knows what you like and what you find ‘good’

Either you like it or you don’t…and you don’t. Simple as that.

Last edited Mar 29, 2012 at 02:37AM EDT
Mar 29, 2012 at 02:33AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!