Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

The adventure is near...

Last posted Apr 21, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT
189 posts from 22 users

I'm a mage who helps the hero throughout the story. If it's an Action RPG, I will be with the hero most of the time.

Once again, I am proficient in Fire, Lightning, and Light magic, and half the spells I know are Bullet Hell style.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I'm a mage who helps the hero throughout the story. If it's an Action RPG, I will be with the hero most of the time.

Once again, I am proficient in Fire, Lightning, and Light magic, and half the spells I know are Bullet Hell style.

I'm not so sure a mage would fit well in a setting with Nanosuits, Natsuru.

EDIT: Also, I think the lead character's personality should be broadly similar to that of a Paragon Commander Shepard.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT

I can be his side kick at least. Like his pet, a man's best friend kind of way.
Kind of like how Superman has a pet dog that is also super, but in this depiction I am a full grown pegasi pony with armored plating and a duel machinegun/laser cannon.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I can be his side kick at least. Like his pet, a man's best friend kind of way.
Kind of like how Superman has a pet dog that is also super, but in this depiction I am a full grown pegasi pony with armored plating and a duel machinegun/laser cannon.

So in other words, you might as well be a sentient combat aircraft capable of piloting itself.

Except you're a cyborg Pegasus.

How about having the wings be a cybernetic augmentation, a la Deus Ex? Maybe have the skin of the wings be a transparent, flexible nano-armor like what Lockhart hides behind when you fight him on Roosevelt Island in Crysis 2?

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I'm not so sure a mage would fit well in a setting with Nanosuits, Natsuru.

EDIT: Also, I think the lead character's personality should be broadly similar to that of a Paragon Commander Shepard.

Then the entire game can be in the Steampunk Style to accommodate both of them.

Then the entire game can be in the Steampunk Style to accommodate both of them.

No, I think it should lean toward a "magic from technology" feel. That way, your character can claim to be a mage, without some bleeding edge piece of tech like the Nanosuit seeming out of place, or vice versa.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

So in other words, you might as well be a sentient combat aircraft capable of piloting itself.

Except you're a cyborg Pegasus.

How about having the wings be a cybernetic augmentation, a la Deus Ex? Maybe have the skin of the wings be a transparent, flexible nano-armor like what Lockhart hides behind when you fight him on Roosevelt Island in Crysis 2?

That can work fine sense my original wings are folded inside of my armor, I can deploy artificial pegasi wings for Arial combat, or use a jet engine like a jet pack of some sort.

No, I think it should lean toward a "magic from technology" feel. That way, your character can claim to be a mage, without some bleeding edge piece of tech like the Nanosuit seeming out of place, or vice versa.

Like Gunnerkrigg Court?

angstyHoodie wrote:

Like Gunnerkrigg Court?

I've heard of that, I think. Maybe even seen images over on TV Tropes. But I don't have a clue what it is exactly.

EDIT: Ric Tesla wrote:

That can work fine sense my original wings are folded inside of my armor, I can deploy artificial pegasi wings for Arial combat, or use a jet engine like a jet pack of some sort.

Just use the nano-armor cybernetic wings as your main flight mechanism. We can add a jet engine for high speed aerial pursuit.
Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT

I've heard of that, I think. Maybe even seen images over on TV Tropes. But I don't have a clue what it is exactly.

EDIT: Ric Tesla wrote:

Just use the nano-armor cybernetic wings as your main flight mechanism. We can add a jet engine for high speed aerial pursuit.

Okay, got it.
My body is ready!!!

I want in.

I wish to pilot a giant robotic crab. Fully equipped with shoulder missiles, eye lasers, giant pincers and chain guns hidden inside said pincers. Also, it's legs can retract into its sockets revealing rockets used for flight. Flight cannot be maintained for long due to its massive size.

If that's not allowed, I guess I'll just be a traveling merchant.

Perhaps the Magic Element implemented can act more like The Force, however in the sense that it is used, the "Caster" can send it though a weapon such as a Wand or Glove to create destructive patterns.

Perhaps the Magic Element implemented can act more like The Force, however in the sense that it is used, the "Caster" can send it though a weapon such as a Wand or Glove to create destructive patterns.

I think I can agree to that.

@ Bob: I think we may be able to have that.

Wait wait wait… Sorry Thomas but I would think acceptance and rejection would fall onto the duties of the thread runner. If Natsuru wants to be a mage, I think that a good narrator would be able to find a way to make it work.

Just my two cents.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I want in.

I wish to pilot a giant robotic crab. Fully equipped with shoulder missiles, eye lasers, giant pincers and chain guns hidden inside said pincers. Also, it's legs can retract into its sockets revealing rockets used for flight. Flight cannot be maintained for long due to its massive size.

That sounds like what Dexter used in the episode when De-De think she was a mermaid.

I'll be a corrupt politician. Why be an evil person who stabs the hero's lover when you can instead get away with cutting off power to orphanages in the pursuit of a profit? Oh, don't try to kill me either. I am a part of the government, and killing me would most likely lead to you being hunted down by the police, military, and whatever mercenaries the government can hire.

I'd like to be able to join the characters on their quest, but I'd have to find a way to get around the whole 'being a fish' thing. Maybe a water-powered suit or something? Feel free to make something badass and/or logical

Slappy The Fish wrote:

I'd like to be able to join the characters on their quest, but I'd have to find a way to get around the whole 'being a fish' thing. Maybe a water-powered suit or something? Feel free to make something badass and/or logical

That would be great! you can be part fish and part cyborg.
Anything works.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I want in.

I predict that you shall be flipped onto your backside, and someone will attack your weakpoint for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

If I am the main character(or at least the one playing them), I shall call myself (click ) The Soldier of Justice. None are above the law.

Not even you, Vlad. Ever had to deal with a nano-clad sharpshooter with a high powered rifle?

EDIT: Wrong user.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

@Kasrkai & RussianFedora

I called it first. That means you have no choice but to serve as my underlings. Now bow before me!

Don't I make such a great villain?

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

@Kasrkai & RussianFedora

I called it first. That means you have no choice but to serve as my underlings. Now bow before me!

Don't I make such a great villain?

We'll probably betray you at some point in the game and take the power for ourselves.

Or we'll serve under you in hopes of a promotion, and the assured fact that we can continue to destroy the good guys under your guidance.

Either way, stay on your toes.

I Was Phone wrote:

Character's are:
-Muffin
-Ric
-Nair
-Fedora
-pyro
-vlad
-slappy
-kasrkai
-Natsuru
-(of course)ME!!!!

NO FAIR!

I Was Phone wrote:

Character's are:
-Muffin
-Ric
-Nair
-Fedora
-pyro
-vlad
-slappy
-kasrkai
-Natsuru
-(of course)ME!!!!

You haven't earned the right to call me "Fedora", peasant.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!