Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

KnowYourMurder: An Interest Inventory **PLEASE READ**

Last posted May 20, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
36 posts from 23 users

Hello, this is Luis, your friendly neighborhood archer coming to you with an exciting new forum game, more in-depth than you've seen before.

Objective
The aim of the game is to discover a killer. Players will use hints placed all around the KYM site to help figure out who is the Killer. The player who can correctly identify the killer wins.
The Killer's objective is to kill all of the players before he is identified.

Player Roles
There will be as many players as there are users that would like to play.
There will be Three (3) hosts that will govern the game and give hints.
There will be one (1) killer that will be randomly chosen by the hosts.
One of the hosts will be more actively involved in the gameplay (They will be in the gameplay, but remain anonymous, like just another player), while the other two hosts will remain inactive in terms of gameplay. All three hosts, however, will be neutral and will not help neither the killer or the players.
The hosts will give out hints to players to help them determine who is the killer.
If the player guesses correctly, then the killer is caught and that person wins the game.
If the player guesses incorrectly they will be given some penalty that is to be determined.)
The killer will be able to kill players at regular intervals.
Clues will also be spread around KYM, and you'll reallly have to look. Comments, images, ect.

The roles will be in more detail when the thread starts. However, I need to make this thread now, so my confederates and I who will go unnamed at this point need to see who's interested so we can hide clues and whatnot. It's gonna be great.

If you want to make this game go fluently, I advice you to add some rules.

I'll make the first 2:

• Meme Research and Site Related are off limits for nonesense posts regarding this game.
  • No spam.

I don't know how your hint system works, but just gonna call out those just in case. If the hint is something regular that happens to have been posted in those areas, I have no trouble with it.

Just saying. It's nice that you're doing this, but don't go make weird posts all around the site that only make sense to those participating in this game. Keep it limited to certain areas.

Also a tip: If you want 2 of the 3 hosts to remain completely inactive, it'll be pretty simple to tell who they are. Players just have to look for inactive players on this thread and 2 of them are sure to be hosts.

RandomMan wrote:

If you want to make this game go fluently, I advice you to add some rules.

I'll make the first 2:

• Meme Research and Site Related are off limits for nonesense posts regarding this game.
  • No spam.

I don't know how your hint system works, but just gonna call out those just in case. If the hint is something regular that happens to have been posted in those areas, I have no trouble with it.

Just saying. It's nice that you're doing this, but don't go make weird posts all around the site that only make sense to those participating in this game. Keep it limited to certain areas.

Also a tip: If you want 2 of the 3 hosts to remain completely inactive, it'll be pretty simple to tell who they are. Players just have to look for inactive players on this thread and 2 of them are sure to be hosts.

No, don't worry, only one of us will be in-game, and not completely inactive, more of just a face in the crowd.

GIANTDAD wrote:

Meh this seems interesting, i think ill partake in said event's.

Not until you get rid of that attitude, young man! And put that apostrophe back where it belongs this instant, or I'm going to have to take away your punctuation keys.

madcat wrote:

For the love of forum games, bump.

Given that Luis didn't just start this up, tried to gauge interest, and has to "hide clues," then it's probably going to be a while.

But yeah. I hope this ends up being some fresh (and perhaps clean, just hoping) for JFF.

Verbose wrote:

Given that Luis didn't just start this up, tried to gauge interest, and has to "hide clues," then it's probably going to be a while.

But yeah. I hope this ends up being some fresh (and perhaps clean, just hoping) for JFF.

I was really just bumping to see if people still had interest in this, and I wanted to see if Luis had forgotten or not.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!