Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

312,743 total conversations in 9,713 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Achievement General

Last posted Jun 30, 2014 at 06:52PM EDT. Added May 08, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT
157 posts from 65 users

Hey there. Bob here, with another general thread of questionable importance.

I’ve noticed through my history on the forums that users make threads to share things they see as personal achievements. These threads are often met with the same criticisms:
“Did this need its own thread?”
“Waste of space”
“OP is…”
etc.

The idea behind this thread is to quell those complaints. Now you all have one general thread to share your personal achievements. Feel free to share whatever you want.

To get this started, I’ll point out that RussianFedora had recently reached a full year of activity on KYM. Congratulations, RF.

Killed all Aperture Science Employees
Banish that moron from the face of the Earth
Found Human Test Subjects
Train ATLAS and P-body into Killing Machines
Murdered that Bird
Murdered Chell
Let Chell go

I fear that this thread is turning into a nonsense achievement general. When Bob’s actual intention was to give people a place to make others aware of cool achievements you reached on KYM.

So staying true to the topic, I just noticed my editorships recently passed the 1000, which is pretty neat in my opinion. Although without all the deadpools and hides it would probably be a lot lower.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT

Achievement list (Things to I need to accomplish)
*Make someone my bitch.
*Meet a american robot who is canadian in real life.
*Get 10000 karma
*Make a successful proyect with someone.
Ship someone
------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like I still have plenty of things ahead of me.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT

The Notsocoolguy wrote:

I well I recently got 2,000 Net Karma Received and I’m pretty close to 15,000 Net Karma Given.
Also, Why don’t we make a List of KYM Achievements people can check off?

That’s a great idea. I was thinking of doing something like that, but I don’t think I have the experience to properly make a list. I guess we can all vote on achievements we think should go on that list. What do you all think?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

That’s a great idea. I was thinking of doing something like that, but I don’t think I have the experience to properly make a list. I guess we can all vote on achievements we think should go on that list. What do you all think?

Amateur Astronomer: Gain at least 5 karma from the Internet can Now Find Stars thread.

Milestones:
Karma given
Karma recieced
Overall + to – karma ratio
Karma to post ratio
Posts reached
Images reached
Comments made
Titles (Commentator/others.)
(These are only suggestions. Vote on the ones you want, I guess)

I think I might have one here, but it’s not really the same as all of yours…

Uh, yeah, I just, uh, graduated university with a BSc (Honours).

That and I have a 3:2 net karma:post ratio.

QUICKLY GO ACHIEVE THESE!

KYM Achievements:

You Must Be New Here: Make your first post
Do you ever get that feeling… Follow someone
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me: make a friend
Do you like candy… Get someone to follow you
Karma Whore: Gain +10 Karma on one post
Karma Pimp: Gain +1000 net karma
Troll Minion: Gain -50 net karma
Troll Soldier: Gain -100 net karma
Troll King: Gain -1000 net karma
RandomMans’s bitch: Post in the pony general thread
…It has no breaks: Get featured in the shipping thread
Lean Mean Green Machine: Comment on Ric Tesla’s hair
Karma Bomber: Give -25 karma
karma-kazi Give -50 karma
The Red Baron: Give -100 karma
Dicks, dicks everywhere!: Join the IRC chat
I found one!: Find a star
MEDIC!: Heal someone in a hurt heal thread
Its super effective!: Hurt someone in a hurt heal thread
People Die When They Are Killed: Get the killing blow in a hurt heal thread
There can be only one: Vote for one of the top 5 in a hurt heal thread
Smooth criminal: Play as mafia in a KYM Mafia game
Batman: Play the respective law enforcement role in a KYM Mafia game
Robin: Play as the respective sidekick role in a KYM Mafia game
Nothin’ Special: Play the respective villager role in a KYM Mafia game
Have Fun At Banned Camp: Receive a temp ban

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

QUICKLY GO ACHIEVE THESE!

KYM Achievements:

You Must Be New Here: Make your first post
Do you ever get that feeling… Follow someone
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me: make a friend
Do you like candy… Get someone to follow you
Karma Whore: Gain +10 Karma on one post
Karma Pimp: Gain +1000 net karma
Troll Minion: Gain -50 net karma
Troll Soldier: Gain -100 net karma
Troll King: Gain -1000 net karma
RandomMans’s bitch: Post in the pony general thread
…It has no breaks: Get featured in the shipping thread
Lean Mean Green Machine: Comment on Ric Tesla’s hair
Karma Bomber: Give -25 karma
karma-kazi Give -50 karma
The Red Baron: Give -100 karma
Dicks, dicks everywhere!: Join the IRC chat
I found one!: Find a star
MEDIC!: Heal someone in a hurt heal thread
Its super effective!: Hurt someone in a hurt heal thread
People Die When They Are Killed: Get the killing blow in a hurt heal thread
There can be only one: Vote for one of the top 5 in a hurt heal thread
Smooth criminal: Play as mafia in a KYM Mafia game
Batman: Play the respective law enforcement role in a KYM Mafia game
Robin: Play as the respective sidekick role in a KYM Mafia game
Nothin’ Special: Play the respective villager role in a KYM Mafia game
Have Fun At Banned Camp: Receive a temp ban

I like these. But I think we need the opinions of the other users. Also, Pyro made a good guideline for making some achievements if you want to read it and get some ideas.

Personally, I think “Karma Whore” should be changed to 20 rather than 10.

What does everyone else think?

404 user not found wrote:

QUICKLY GO ACHIEVE THESE!

KYM Achievements:

You Must Be New Here: Make your first post
Do you ever get that feeling… Follow someone
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me: make a friend
Do you like candy… Get someone to follow you
Karma Whore: Gain +10 Karma on one post
Karma Pimp: Gain +1000 net karma
Troll Minion: Gain -50 net karma
Troll Soldier: Gain -100 net karma
Troll King: Gain -1000 net karma
RandomMans’s bitch: Post in the pony general thread
…It has no breaks: Get featured in the shipping thread
Lean Mean Green Machine: Comment on Ric Tesla’s hair
Karma Bomber: Give -25 karma
karma-kazi Give -50 karma
The Red Baron: Give -100 karma
Dicks, dicks everywhere!: Join the IRC chat
I found one!: Find a star
MEDIC!: Heal someone in a hurt heal thread
Its super effective!: Hurt someone in a hurt heal thread
People Die When They Are Killed: Get the killing blow in a hurt heal thread
There can be only one: Vote for one of the top 5 in a hurt heal thread
Smooth criminal: Play as mafia in a KYM Mafia game
Batman: Play the respective law enforcement role in a KYM Mafia game
Robin: Play as the respective sidekick role in a KYM Mafia game
Nothin’ Special: Play the respective villager role in a KYM Mafia game
Have Fun At Banned Camp: Receive a temp ban

A few new ones.

Lets B. friends: Become friends with Amanda B.
Crazy train: Have one of your threads derailed in the first 10 posts
Silent Pete: Make 10 forum posts
Chaty Cathy: Make 100 forum posts
Well you see Pat…: Become a commentator (John Madden refference for those who didnt get it)
The sweet sound of my own voice" Become a conversationalist
*Late Night Debate Club:
Participate in one of the pony general “late night debates”

More to come.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Hey there. Bob here, with another general thread of questionable importance.

I’ve noticed through my history on the forums that users make threads to share things they see as personal achievements. These threads are often met with the same criticisms:
“Did this need its own thread?”
“Waste of space”
“OP is…”
etc.

The idea behind this thread is to quell those complaints. Now you all have one general thread to share your personal achievements. Feel free to share whatever you want.

To get this started, I’ll point out that RussianFedora had recently reached a full year of activity on KYM. Congratulations, RF.

404 user not found wrote:

A few new ones.

Lets B. friends: Become friends with Amanda B.
Crazy train: Have one of your threads derailed in the first 10 posts
Silent Pete: Make 10 forum posts
Chaty Cathy: Make 100 forum posts
Well you see Pat…: Become a commentator (John Madden refference for those who didnt get it)
The sweet sound of my own voice" Become a conversationalist
*Late Night Debate Club:
Participate in one of the pony general “late night debates”

More to come.

I have a Few ideas for Achievements:
Now Kiss: Post a Ship in a Shiping thread
Successful Troll: Gain -20 Karma on one Post
E-l33t: Gain +1337 net karma
Inb4 T3h L0ck: Make the last post of a Locked Thread
Bandwagon: Make a Drawing Thread
Party Hard: Host a Synchtube Party
OMG A SHINY PHANPY: Host a Let’s Play Stream
The Ninja Glare: Ninja Someone Else’s Post.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT

Highly Agreeable: Reach 3000 karma with less than 10% negakarma (Got this one already)

Saint Nicolas: Give out more than 10,000 karma (I’m a long way from this one)

Forum wh00re: Reach 4000 posts (Almost there!)

HAAAAAAAAAAX: Change your profile page appearance (done)

My precious: Convince someone to buy you (done…way overdone in fact)

Never gonna give you up: Get informed by 5 people that you rickrolled them. (Nailed this one thanks to the previous achievement)

HAAAAAAAAAAX: Changed profile appearance.

Loved: Recieved +1000 Karma in less than 5 months.

Charitable: Gave +5000 Karma in less than 5 months.

Friendly: Reached +50 friends.

Hater: Have a strong hate for a popular fandom.

I Feel a list coming on…

KYM Achievements:

You Must Be New Here: Make your first post
You are a…: Create your first thread
Do you ever get that feeling…: Follow someone
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me: make a friend
Friendly: Reached +50 friends
Do you like candy…: Get someone to follow you
Karma Whore: Gain +10 Karma on one post
Karma Pimp: Gain +1000 net karma
Troll Minion: Gain -50 net karma
Troll Soldier: Gain -100 net karma
Troll King: Gain -1000 net karma
Thomas, is that you?: Gain -2000 net karma
RandomMans’s bitch: Post in the pony general thread
…It has no breaks: Get featured in the shipping thread
Lean Mean Green Machine: Comment on Ric Tesla’s hair
Charitable: Give +100 karma
The Red Cross: Give +1000 karma
Mother Theresa: Give + 2000 karma
Karma Bomber: Give -25 karma
karma-kazi: Give -50 karma
The Red Baron: Give -100 karma
Dicks, dicks everywhere!: Join the IRC chat
I found one!: Find a star
MEDIC!: Heal someone in a hurt heal thread
Its super effective!: Hurt someone in a hurt heal thread
People Die When They Are Killed: Get the killing blow in a hurt heal thread
There can be only one: Vote for one of the top 5 in a hurt heal thread
Smooth criminal: Play as mafia in a KYM Mafia game
Batman: Play the respective law enforcement role in a KYM Mafia game
Robin: Play as the respective sidekick role in a KYM Mafia game
Nothin’ Special: Play the respective villager role in a KYM Mafia game
Have Fun At Banned Camp: Receive a temp ban
Lets B. friends: Become friends with Amanda B.
Crazy train: Have one of your threads derailed in the first 10 posts
Silent Pete: Make 10 forum posts
Chaty Cathy: Make 100 forum posts
Well you see Pat…: Become a commentator (John Madden refference for those who didnt get it)
The sweet sound of my own voice: Become a conversationalist
Late Night Debate Club: Participate in one of the pony general “late night debates”
Now Kiss…: Post a Ship in a Shiping thread
You Mad?: Gain -10 karma in one post
Successful Troll Is Successful: Gain -20 Karma on one Post
U83R l33t: Gain +1337 net karma
Inb4 T3h L0ck: Make the last post of a Locked Thread
Lets take a ride…: Make a bandwagon thread (Drawing threads, >Implying threads, Ect.)
In 3…2…1…: Host a Synchtube Party
Would You Like To Play A Game?: Host a Let’s Play Stream
Be the log…: Ninja Someone Else’s Post.
Highly Agreeable: Reach 1000 karma with less than 10% negative karma
Hater: Express hate for a popular fandom
HAAAAAAAAAAX: Changed profile appearance
I FUCKING LOVE COLORING : Create a drawing thread

I left out a few of the more challenging ones for now. I just wanna build up the basic list, then we can go nuts with the special achievements.

Edit: Also i renamed and edited a few, along with adding some new ones.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 12:58PM EDT

my acheivments
You Must Be New Here
You are a…
Do you ever get that feeling…
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me
Friendly
Do you like candy…
Karma Whore
Charitable
Karma Bomber
karma-kazi
The Red Baron
Dicks, dicks everywhere!
Lets B. friends
Crazy train
Silent Pete
Chaty Cathy
You Mad
Be the log…
Hater
HAAAAAAAAAAX

New ones(no names because i don’t have a creative side):
have +5 editorships- achieved
have +20 editorships- acheived
have +50 editorships
become an editor for a confirmed entry- acheived
have an entry you created confirmed
have an autoplaying video on your wall- acheived

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Alright, I think we should make a poll so that users can vote on which achievements we should keep, which achievements we shouldn’t and which achievements could use some tweaking.

have it done, but im going to post it as a survey thread in general to get more users on board

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT

Here’s a Edited List of Achievements so far in categories.

Post Achievements:
You Must Be New Here: Make your first post
Silent Pete: Make 10 forum posts
Chaty Cathy: Make 50 forum posts (You become a commentator when you make 100 Posts)
Well you see Pat…: Become a commentator (John Madden refference for those who didnt get it)
The sweet sound of my own voice: Become a conversationalist
Be the log…: Ninja Someone Else’s Post.
Inb4 T3h L0ck: Make the last post of a Locked Thread

OP Achievements:
You are a…: Create your first thread
Crazy train: Have one of your threads derailed in the first 10 posts
Lets take a ride…: Make a Drawing thread
…On the Bandwagon: Get 50 requests on your Drawing Thread

Friend Achievements:
Do you ever get that feeling…: Follow someone
Do you like candy…: Get someone to follow you
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it, people like me*: make a friend
Lets B. friends: Become friends with Amanda B.
Friendly: Reached +50 friends

+Karma Achievements:
Good Post : Gain +10 Karma on one post
Karma Whore: Gain +20 Karma on one post
Karma Pimp: Gain +1000 net karma
U83R l33t: Gain +1337 net karma
Highly Agreeable: Gain +1000 karma with less than 10% negative karma
Charitable: Give +100 karma
The Red Cross: Give +1000 karma
Mother Theresa: Give + 2000 karma

-Karma Achievements:
You Mad?: Gain -10 karma in one post
Successful Troll: Gain -20 Karma on one Post
Troll Minion: Gain -50 net karma
Troll Soldier: Gain -250 net karma
Troll King: Gain -1000 net karma
Thomas, is that you?: Gain -2000 net karma
Karma Bomber: Give -100 karma
Karma-kazi: Give -250 karma
The Red Baron: Give -1000 karma

Thread Achievements:
RandomMans’s bitch: Post in the pony general thread
Late Night Debate Club*: Participate in one of the pony general “late night debates”
This train…: Post a Ship in a Shiping thread
…has no breaks: Get featured in the Shipping thread
I found one: Find a Star
Gold Star: Gain 10 Karma from a Star
Part of the Family*:Get featured in a Family Photo Thread
Say Cheese:Post a portrait in the Family Photo Thread

Game Achievements:
MEDIC!: Heal someone in a hurt heal thread
Its super effective!: Hurt someone in a hurt heal thread
People Die When They Are Killed: Get a killing blow in a hurt heal thread
There can be only one: Vote for one of the top 5 in a hurt heal thread
Smooth criminal: Play as mafia in a KYM Mafia game
Batman: Play the respective law enforcement role in a KYM Mafia game
Robin: Play as the respective sidekick role in a KYM Mafia game
Nothin’ Special: Play the respective villager role in a KYM Mafia game

Chat/Stream Achievements:
Dicks, dicks everywhere!: Join the IRC chat
Get the Popcorn Ready:Join a KYM Moive Night
In 3…2…1…: Host a Synchtube Party
Would You Like To Play A Game?: Host a Let’s Play Stream

Other Achievements:
Lean Mean Green Machine: Comment on Ric Tesla’s hair
HAAAAAAAAAAX: Changed profile appearance
Have Fun At Banned Camp: Receive a temp ban

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 04:10PM EDT

ok i made the survey and a more appropriate thread for the achievement list topic. Please go there and talk about the list in that thread instead of derailing this one.

never mind that threads been locked. i re-posted the survey link

@Notsocool (thanks for organizing the list, i thought i was going to have to do everything around here)

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 04:35PM EDT

Jimmy rustler Rustle someone’s jimmies
Master rapist Rape 10 different people in the shipping thread
And then they kissed… Write a shipfic with 2 or more users
Cult leader Gain 100 friends or more
Certified creeper Follow 25 people or more
not bad for a green-horn Help confirm a meme
Meme doctor Help confirm 5 meme’s or

Are these good?

GIANTDAD wrote:

Jimmy rustler Rustle someone’s jimmies
Master rapist Rape 10 different people in the shipping thread
And then they kissed… Write a shipfic with 2 or more users
Cult leader Gain 100 friends or more
Certified creeper Follow 25 people or more
not bad for a green-horn Help confirm a meme
Meme doctor Help confirm 5 meme’s or

Are these good?

Please leave ideas in this thread since technically this is a (closely related) derail for an already good topic.

never mind Chris has spoken the survey goes here

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT

Notso wrote:

Thomas, is that you?: Gain -2000 net karma

I still haven’t actually hit this. So it’s kinda inaccurate.

EDIT: I’m at -1862 as of my last check.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Notso wrote:

Thomas, is that you?: Gain -2000 net karma

I still haven’t actually hit this. So it’s kinda inaccurate.

EDIT: I’m at -1862 as of my last check.

Accurate and funny are two different things.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!