Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

How Would You End The World?

Last posted May 13, 2012 at 02:04AM EDT. Added May 10, 2012 at 01:41AM EDT
82 posts from 41 users

I had a conversation with a friend recently, about how we would end the world.
He said he would release a virus, and I said I would Sambo kick everybody in the face until I was the only person left.

How would YOU end the world?

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Find a way to destroy all evil.

Though this is less "End the world", more "Make the world intolerably boring and static".

Not sure of the means. But I think it would involve a certain amount of time, like a day or two. Some period of time that allows most people to do or try whatever for a couple of days.

I don't trust humanity worth a crap, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that there would be enough selfishness, greed, and destruction to convince any one that the human race didn't need to continue.

But I would hope that everyone goes to visit the friends and family they love most and enjoy their time with them without all of the things that get in the way of that.

In either case, we'd be so disgusted with the current state of a panic-driven world or the previous state of the one where what matters most comes secondary, that we'd willingly give up life as we know it. Win-win.

And then candy-colored ponies take over and the glorious reign of Twilight Sparkle begins…

Trigger a nuclear holocaust, using the following steps:

1. Take control of every nuclear missile in the world, launch simultaneously in strategic locations.
2. Hijack worldwide radio airwaves, play "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" by the Inkspots (the song from the beginning of Fallout). Do the same thing on TV, with a loop of the final scene from Dr. Strangelove.
3. ???
4. Profit

I call it the Russian Fedora Maneuver.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 09:12AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

1. Take control of every nuclear missile in the world, launch simultaneously in strategic locations.
2. Hijack worldwide radio airwaves, play "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" by the Inkspots (the song from the beginning of Fallout). Do the same thing on TV, with a loop of the final scene from Dr. Strangelove.
3. ???
4. Profit

I'll begin stockpiling bottlecaps.

I would develop a small electronic tablet that would take a picture of the 2 nearest people and make a ship of them. I would then deliver millions of these by parachute drop across every country.

People see ships, think they are legit pictures, get mad/jealous with those involved. Mass hysteria ensues, causing gigantic riots. The governments try to put them down, only adding fuel to the fire, and it continues to accelerate until I have accidentally the everything.

EDIT: And all because a little fly went "achoo"

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 10:07AM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Orbital Friendship Nuke.

Ends the world as we know it, letting ponies rise up from the ashes.

Because fuck logic.

In that vein, I take back what I said before.

High Orbit Ion Cannons. As many as can fit into Earth's high orbital sectors.

Rig them up on a timer, so they all go off at once.

Just set it far enough off in the future that the ponies are in full control. They'll look like regular space junk until they get ready to fire.

By the time anyone on the ground realizes something's up, it's already too late and they're firing.

Boom.

Hopefully, I have enough of them that Earth is destroyed outright.

Because I'd rather sacrifice my homeworld to destruction than see the ponies rule it.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

In that vein, I take back what I said before.

High Orbit Ion Cannons. As many as can fit into Earth's high orbital sectors.

Rig them up on a timer, so they all go off at once.

Just set it far enough off in the future that the ponies are in full control. They'll look like regular space junk until they get ready to fire.

By the time anyone on the ground realizes something's up, it's already too late and they're firing.

Boom.

Hopefully, I have enough of them that Earth is destroyed outright.

Because I'd rather sacrifice my homeworld to destruction than see the ponies rule it.

I would catapult myself at a speed so amazing I would split the world into chunks with a punch.

Also, Nats made me lose… I didn't expect that. (Is it alright if I call you Nats? Feel free to object if you feel you should)

TIEM2DIE wrote:

He said he would release a virus, and I said I would Sambo kick everybody in the face until I was the only person left.

>he would release a virus.

Terrible idea. You'll never get Madagascar.

Genetically engineering tyranids.
(I could genetically engineer orks too I guess).
Well I can make a machine Apocalypse too…or create the Borg. Man, there is so many options!

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 04:29PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Genetically engineering tyranids.
(I could genetically engineer orks too I guess).
Well I can make a machine Apocalypse too…or create the Borg. Man, there is so many options!

We could always expose the true color of Ric's hair.

Another thing I might try:

Total Rock Armageddon.

Saturate the airwaves with music videos of all the great rock and metal bands. Satriani, Metallica, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Megadeth, ACDC, Guns 'N' Roses, you name it, I'll have it blasting over every TV and radio station on Earth.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Another thing I might try:

Total Rock Armageddon.

Saturate the airwaves with music videos of all the great rock and metal bands. Satriani, Metallica, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Megadeth, ACDC, Guns 'N' Roses, you name it, I'll have it blasting over every TV and radio station on Earth.

Don't forget Nickelback.

The rockingest rockers of all rock bands. Jus' look at dem ripped blue jeans. That's hardcore, brah.

Verbose wrote:

Don't forget Nickelback.

The rockingest rockers of all rock bands. Jus' look at dem ripped blue jeans. That's hardcore, brah.

Lol, Nickelback.

More like Nickelderp, am I right?

TIEM2DIE wrote:

Guys, I just had the best idea.
Wait for a few million to billion years.

Fridge wrote:

3. ???
4. Profit

You forgot the part where you start a doomed mass exodus that ends up with the bulk of Russia's population floating out in space.

Verbose wrote:

Not sure of the means. But I think it would involve a certain amount of time, like a day or two. Some period of time that allows most people to do or try whatever for a couple of days.

I don't trust humanity worth a crap, to be honest. I'm pretty sure that there would be enough selfishness, greed, and destruction to convince any one that the human race didn't need to continue.

But I would hope that everyone goes to visit the friends and family they love most and enjoy their time with them without all of the things that get in the way of that.

In either case, we'd be so disgusted with the current state of a panic-driven world or the previous state of the one where what matters most comes secondary, that we'd willingly give up life as we know it. Win-win.

And then candy-colored ponies take over and the glorious reign of Twilight Sparkle begins…

Aww, hell naw, Verbose.

I myself would try for a neuro-toxin that would cause permanent paralysis to any living creature, and release it into the atmosphere.

The only thing left for life on earth to do then is starve, suffocate, and rot.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!