Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

So there's this soda machine that has 120 flavors in it.

Last posted May 24, 2012 at 08:01AM EDT. Added May 22, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
46 posts from 32 users

It's something called ''Coco-Cola freestyle'' Here the pamphlet:
(Sorry it's in spanish)

(The pamphlet was in a fast food place. You can see the name on the right corner)

Diabetes, here I come!

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

As an android, I ask that you talk to your robot friend and score us some free drinks. Please?

Hmmmmmmm…..
Not sure….

Muffins wrote:

What sort of flavor is "Vainilla"? Is that the British spelling?

British? The British talk english…
It's spanish for Vanilla.

I've only seen it at a Fudrucker's a few months ago. It did amaze me though.

Talk about the "ULTIMATE SUICIDE"

Also that day I learned that Dasani made an array of carbonated beverages in all sorts of flavors. Shit, there were flavors that I never new existed from a few products.

^this took way longer to make than it should

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT

Alex>_> wrote:

I've only seen it at a Fudrucker's a few months ago. It did amaze me though.

Talk about the "ULTIMATE SUICIDE"

Also that day I learned that Dasani made an array of carbonated beverages in all sorts of flavors. Shit, there were flavors that I never new existed from a few products.

^this took way longer to make than it should

WHY IS HE SNIFFING THE SODA THROUGH HIS NOSE? WHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Fuddruckers = best burger joint ever, better than BK and DQ combined

professorcheese wrote:

It's at Burger King where I live. It's really cool. I stand in front of it and try to try all the flavors. It's pure genius.

My brother and I pretty much spent a good ten minutes checking out all the flavors that each soda had.

I got the cherry coke, but it tasted like coke and some Hi-C drink.

I already saw two machines just like this in a Five Guys in my home town.

It was awesome…
Thank God I chugged the shit out of it.
Cola and Root-Beer tastes like bubble gum together.

Now if they manage to make a Faygo version…I can use it to lure Gamzee into a far away land where he can be finally free and ship all the flavors together.

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I already saw two machines just like this in a Five Guys in my home town.

It was awesome…
Thank God I chugged the shit out of it.
Cola and Root-Beer tastes like bubble gum together.

Now if they manage to make a Faygo version…I can use it to lure Gamzee into a far away land where he can be finally free and ship all the flavors together.

Bubblegum flavored soda?

Fridge wrote:

I used it when I was up at UCF a few months ago.

It's like a beautiful dream…

It’s like a beautiful dream?

IT'S A BADASS DREAM

Thats all I have to say about it.

I might try the recipe for Bubblegum flavored soda (Cola + Root-Beer) Ric Tesla mentioned.

Myndnix wrote:

…No Pepsi?
There's something wrong with this thing.

It called ''Coca-Cola freestyle''
''Coca-Cola''
''COCA-COLA''

Oh, I thought this was going to be a forum game, like "Add a flavor to the machine!" I'm definitely glad it's not.

I've seen these a few places in California, and while they are pretty badass, there are a couple of drawbacks. For the consumer, you can feel particularly slighted when your favorite flavor is not one of the 120 flavors, more so than not finding it among a half-dozen flavors at a typical fountain. ("Seriously? They've got Mello Yello, but no Mountain Dew? WTF?" or whatever…)

For the worker at the restaurant that has one of these, I imagine it's a pain in the ass to keep all 120 flavors stocked. (Yeah, it might be simpler than 120 flavors, with each beverage getting the flavor additives mixed in, but then you've got to wonder: why can you get "Vainilla Barq's" but not "Fresa Barq's"? Sure, there might be less call for certain flavor combos, but why fail to give the option if it could be given?)

Furthermore, I asked someone Mexican what "china" was as a flavor, and she'd never heard of it. My guess would be Mandarin orange, but I don't know. Is it a Puerto Rican thing?

Guys, I'd Just Realized that all the Soda Flavors not counting the Low/No Calorie Sodas only
add up to 12 Sodas and 64 Flavors.
/KindofFeelsbadman

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

Oh, I thought this was going to be a forum game, like "Add a flavor to the machine!" I'm definitely glad it's not.

I've seen these a few places in California, and while they are pretty badass, there are a couple of drawbacks. For the consumer, you can feel particularly slighted when your favorite flavor is not one of the 120 flavors, more so than not finding it among a half-dozen flavors at a typical fountain. ("Seriously? They've got Mello Yello, but no Mountain Dew? WTF?" or whatever…)

For the worker at the restaurant that has one of these, I imagine it's a pain in the ass to keep all 120 flavors stocked. (Yeah, it might be simpler than 120 flavors, with each beverage getting the flavor additives mixed in, but then you've got to wonder: why can you get "Vainilla Barq's" but not "Fresa Barq's"? Sure, there might be less call for certain flavor combos, but why fail to give the option if it could be given?)

Furthermore, I asked someone Mexican what "china" was as a flavor, and she'd never heard of it. My guess would be Mandarin orange, but I don't know. Is it a Puerto Rican thing?

Actually the ''China'' flavor is just Orange. You see, some words differ in different nationality. In other latin countries you can say ''Naranja'' but here you can say ''China''
Example:
Mexico or whatever:
Me puede dar jugo de naranja.
Puerto Rico:
Me puede dar jugo de china.
It's not really necessary but you still get used to it. It's like saying ''Ah bloody hell!'' You really don't need to add the 'bloody' but still there's some people that get used to it and say it.

Congratulations, you just learned something!
(P.s. Don't say bizcocho in Mexico. You'll regret it.)

Mexx Android wrote:

Actually the ''China'' flavor is just Orange. You see, some words differ in different nationality. In other latin countries you can say ''Naranja'' but here you can say ''China''
Example:
Mexico or whatever:
Me puede dar jugo de naranja.
Puerto Rico:
Me puede dar jugo de china.
It's not really necessary but you still get used to it. It's like saying ''Ah bloody hell!'' You really don't need to add the 'bloody' but still there's some people that get used to it and say it.

Congratulations, you just learned something!
(P.s. Don't say bizcocho in Mexico. You'll regret it.)

cake

Dictionary bizcocho

noun: 1. cake 2. biscuit 3. sponge 4. bisque 5. parkin

The Mexicans are going to kill me…

professorcheese wrote:

cake

Dictionary bizcocho

noun: 1. cake 2. biscuit 3. sponge 4. bisque 5. parkin

The Mexicans are going to kill me…

Actually there's a different meaning which is a ''females part''
Maybe it's not mexico but somewhere else

There's a "Firehouse Subs" in the city I live in that has this. This also exists at a "Five Guys" [relatively] near where I live. They are really cool and I hope there will be more of a demand for it in the future so more place will have these. However, these also take up a ton of space which may be a turn off for many small fast food companies.

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!