Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

the bosses!

Last posted May 30, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT. Added May 26, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT
47 posts from 31 users

Post the baddest of the bad video game enemies/bosses that really just made you drop a chud in your pants!

Mine: from Sonic Adventure 2 battle, the Biohazard, both sequence one and two. He wasn't that difficult, just doownright scary.

Last edited May 26, 2012 at 06:51PM EDT

The Asylum Demon from Dark Souls

He's the first boss. To give you an idea, you fight him within the first ten minutes, without leveling up once, and with minimal combat experience. He's not so tough himself, especially if you get the drop-attack at the start of the battle, but it's just a rude awakening for the rest of the game.

Jack of Blades from Fable

If you don't have Multi Arrow or Multi Strike, he will kick your ass. It's not too threatening if you stock up on Resurrection Phials, but he can still drop your health a few times. Between the AoE attack that can't be dodged save for jumping behind barriers, the Minions that will be hunting you down, his immunity to melee for half the battle, and the sheer health and damage he has, he can pose a threat that's far greater than the rest of the game, save for Maze and the level where you save the Archaeologist from the Minions.

The Archdemon from Dragon Age: Origins

There's a two hour 'dungeon' you have to go through that has the sole purpose of whittling down your resources (soldiers and potions) in preparation for this battle. He is a damned tough fight, even on Easy. If your team is weak in any field, lacks a needed facet, or is low on resources, you will get your ass handed to you on anything tougher than Easy. Making it worse is that you can't go back to get potions before the fight, unless you have a save from before the last segment in Redcliffe.

He has trash mobs summoned in to kick your ass, ranged attacks, the ability to fly from melee range, and the ability to incapacitate teammates. Luckily, you can summon in groups of soldiers to help you, but they rely on your choices earlier in the game. If you choose werewolves over elves, you're in a tough position. Same with Templars over mages, unless you plan on leaving your squads to their own devices. That's right, it's a key element to defend your reinforcements.

If you've played WoW, you know where I'm coming from with this one:

The Twin Emperors from Vanilla WoW

These sons of bitches will fuck your raid sideways for hours. If your raid doesn't have perfect coordination, top of the line gear, and communication, you will get the floor mopped with you. Even at extremely low health you cannot let your attack fail, because they can pretty much make themselves invincible if the plan wavers for a second.

Hell, these two can defeat a nearly full raid of level 80s in gear from Icecrown Citadel, which is the very best of WotLK gear, that is, if the 80s don't keep the strategy completely perfect. These bastards are unforgiving, and beat the crap out of mistakes without mercy.

I'm not sure if this guy counts but he's the Alpha male Deathclaw from Fallout New vegas.

He is the second most powerful deathclaw in the entire game and if you let him get close enough to you then he'll kill you in one hit. One fucking hit when it takes most people 100 bullets for most people just to give you a damn hangnail.
And gideon Graves in his final form in scott pilgrim VS the world the game was just a fucking bitch.

Then there was Feral chaos…

God i fucking hate Bahamut.

She may not be that intimidating these days, but when I was little and fought Mother Brain for the first time in Super Metroid, I freaked out really bad. It's probably still the most intense boss battle for me to this day.

Back then: Pokemon Colosseum's Miror B.

I didn't understand this guy at all. He had this whole disco shtick (no pun intended), he dressed up like a tranny, and his entire team was full of Ludicolos, which, because of this battle alone, is the one Pokemon I absolutely hate. The problem with Pokemon Colosseum was that there were no wild pokemon you could use to grind levels. So you were stuck on the bosses, like this weirdo. I still haven't finished the game because I have yet to beat the guy that comes after Miror B. Instead of Ludicolo, he has a fucking Entei.

Modern: Skyrim's Dragon Priests

Bastards.

@Exploding Lazers
Remember Demon Souls:
Old King Allant. He was hard as fuck, magic did diddlysquat against him, and out of all the shit that pissed me off, he stole your goddamn soul level.

But I was satisfied when I finally killed him. King Allant, one badass boss.

The Cyberdemon.

When I heard metal hoofs stomping around while I played this game when I was only 6 or 7, I used to get scared shitless from that sound…. Feels scary man…
And now the thing gotten freaking scarier in doom 3:

Last edited May 26, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT

Two of MGS4's boss fights are on my top 10. Namely, the giant robot fights and the very last one.

(skip to 1:45 for fight, MGS is infamous for its long cutscenes)

That's all I can think of right now. I'll post more if they come to mind.

@Fridge Logic:

The main problem with the boss with the Entei isn't the Entei itself, but the fact that he will have one his Pokemon use Protect and then the other use Earthquake. Also it's hard to then be able to snag the Entei because it doesn't know protect and then one of his Pokemon would use Earthquake or his Marshstomp would use Muddy Water, which is super effective to it and will cause it to faint. It's almost like he knows that you want to snag the Entei and will prevent it by any means necessary.

Also, sticking to the thread topic, my brother was scared of Hans from Wolfenstein 3D, which is no surprise since he appears right in front of a door shouting "GUTEN TAG!" and fires his guns ablazing

Cloud N. Candy

This boss has gave me nightmares, he smiles at my torment as I died to his sugary might. I could never defeat him he was just to terrifying, I could not look at the screen to finish him off.

Last edited May 26, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Cloud N. Candy

This boss has gave me nightmares, he smiles at my torment as I died to his sugary might. I could never defeat him he was just to terrifying, I could not look at the screen to finish him off.

Bu…bu…but that's adoiriiblleee…!
P.S.

Did you try killing it with fire?

This little guy right here.

This is one of the toughest bosses from Kirby Super Star Ultra. This guy… Oh don't get me started on him. He may look all cute and cuddly, but he's a well armored fighting machine that will make you rage the first time you fight him. This guy took me 5 HOURS to beat. You have to be Meta Knight to be able to fight him, so you don't have any of your powers, just a sword. You also have a limited number of points to spend for special abilities to help, but they're useless against him. He knows exactly when your going to strike at him. He knows how to move around the stage. He's just a pain in the ass to beat all together.

The other boss that was freaking hard as hell is this guy, Marx.

This guy isn't just hard, he's creepy as all hell too. One attack he does he SPLITS IN HALF and forms into a black hole, sucking you in. Also, another one he shoots this gigantic laser across the screen, if you're not off the ground within half a second, you're screwed. Oh, and when you kill him he like turns into A ZOMBIFIED VERSION OF HIMSELF and becomes even harder to kill, with more attacks.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 03:06AM EDT

The games I typically play generally don't have what you would typically call a "boss battle", just regular enemies that happen to have a unique name, i.e. Carlos Ontiveros in the first Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter or Enclave Squad Sigma in Fallout 3 "Broken Steel".

But for me, while most of the "boss battles" I've had to face I've been able to figure out and they've become easy, Strigon Team always gives me hell. Why?

Because they can pull off maneuvers that I simply can't replicate. I use the "Novice" control scheme. The only downside to that is that it dramatically reduces my ability to rotate the aircraft horizontally. I have to resort to vertical maneuvers and even then they're a pain in the ass.

The fact that the control schemes put such a penalty on those who use the "Novice" control style(until Assault Horizon, but I'll openly state that I don't much care for the "Close Range Assault" mechanics) is the primary reason why I prefer Crimson Skies and Blazing Angels to Ace Combat.

But in general I dislike "boss battles" of any sort. To me they break up the pacing of a game. I will admit that taking on that German zeppelin over Cairo in Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII was pretty fun, as were the battles with the Japanese carrier sub, the other German Zep' over Rome and the final battle with General Von Kluge's Projekt C airborne carrier. I also enjoyed most of the battles with Zeps and Die Spinne super weapons in Crimson Skies. And taking down the Aigaion in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation was pretty fun too, now that I think of it.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 03:14AM EDT

I can only really think of two video game bosses that have ever really given me much trouble. But let's see…

Mundus, of Devil May Cry. On any difficulty above Normal, this guy becomes a nightmare. Pretty sure on Hard, it took me at least twenty tries to bring him down. Don't ask me about Dante Must Die. Just don't.

Aaaaaaand…

Young Xehanort, of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. An optional fight, and rightfully so, capable of killing you in two or three hits no matter what level you are. He can also teleport, cloak, pull you toward him, disable all your attacks, split into five (so he can rush you), he has an instant kill attack, and he can bypass your passive abilities that prevent against instant death. Oh, and when his HP gets low, he starts combining these attacks.
EDIT: I forgot, also, when he blocks one of your hits, it restores his HP. And sometimes, when you land a hit on him, he rewinds time so you never hit him. Which is actually a neat effect as it even makes the music play backwards for a few seconds.
You may think 'But how can such a difficult boss be in a game with Disney characters'.
Clearly then you've never played Kingdom Hearts…
On Standard difficulty, he took me around forty or so tries. I am never going to fight him on higher difficulties.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 03:54AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

I didn't understand this guy at all. He had this whole disco shtick (no pun intended), he dressed up like a tranny, and his entire team was full of Ludicolos, which, because of this battle alone, is the one Pokemon I absolutely hate. The problem with Pokemon Colosseum was that there were no wild pokemon you could use to grind levels. So you were stuck on the bosses, like this weirdo. I still haven't finished the game because I have yet to beat the guy that comes after Miror B. Instead of Ludicolo, he has a fucking Entei.

Bastards.

You mentioned Mirror B. I love you 5ever. You forgot to mention his badass tune

p.s. You think the entei is hard? The girl after that has a suicune and the guy after that has a raiku. And it's funny that the ultimate Pokemon that is undoubtedly harder than all 3 of them is a Tyranitar.
Oh and if you think this guy is the boss of cipher

Guess again…

Give a Guess who that is..

Zarathh wrote:

This little guy right here.

This is one of the toughest bosses from Kirby Super Star Ultra. This guy… Oh don't get me started on him. He may look all cute and cuddly, but he's a well armored fighting machine that will make you rage the first time you fight him. This guy took me 5 HOURS to beat. You have to be Meta Knight to be able to fight him, so you don't have any of your powers, just a sword. You also have a limited number of points to spend for special abilities to help, but they're useless against him. He knows exactly when your going to strike at him. He knows how to move around the stage. He's just a pain in the ass to beat all together.

The other boss that was freaking hard as hell is this guy, Marx.

This guy isn't just hard, he's creepy as all hell too. One attack he does he SPLITS IN HALF and forms into a black hole, sucking you in. Also, another one he shoots this gigantic laser across the screen, if you're not off the ground within half a second, you're screwed. Oh, and when you kill him he like turns into A ZOMBIFIED VERSION OF HIMSELF and becomes even harder to kill, with more attacks.

some times it feels like all the kirby games are just difficult boss battles with long walks in between

Meta Ridley from Metroid: Zero Mission.
This guy was hard. HARD. The bosses in this game weren't that bad, but I still have not beaten this guy.
First of all, He only has one weak spot, the globe in the middle of his chest.
The only way to hit this spot is to jump and shoot your rocket. It was kinda finicky, and leads to my second point.
Second, he has his arm blocking the weak spot. and the only way to get him to move it is to jump the top right corner of the screen It becomes incredibly tedious to go back and forth, up and down.
Third, the guys attacks are undodgeable when used in a combo. this guy has a swipe attack that covers half the screen, Fireballs that bombard every area, Lasers from his EYEBALLS, and Heat seeking missiles. Also, he has a incredible amount of health and takes at least, if not more, than 75 missiles to kill. And right after this, there's a self destruct sequence with no save points. NONE. NADA. ZIP. If you die on the way to the ship, you have to do the boss battle over again.And again. AND AGAIN.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 08:02AM EDT

For anyone who thinks the Mario series has no hard bosses:

It's funny how the hardest mario bosses are the only 3 female final bosses in the series as well

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

That bitch is HARD, SO FUCKING HARD!
Also Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door is best GC game.

Actually, i thought she was easy. I only included her because i know others struggle with her

Twenty-One wrote:

For anyone who thinks the Mario series has no hard bosses:

It's funny how the hardest mario bosses are the only 3 female final bosses in the series as well

I only liked the shadow queen because she posed a threat to not only you, but everyone on the party. I used Vivian to dodge her charged up dark blast, but even so she got a turn to make up for it. I used Charge badge to beat her, and I also used the last Crystal stare reserves just to defeat her. The thing really cool about her is her battle song. Dun dun dun dun dun duuuun.

Heavy Weapons wrote:

I only liked the shadow queen because she posed a threat to not only you, but everyone on the party. I used Vivian to dodge her charged up dark blast, but even so she got a turn to make up for it. I used Charge badge to beat her, and I also used the last Crystal stare reserves just to defeat her. The thing really cool about her is her battle song. Dun dun dun dun dun duuuun.

You mean that?

Also, for the most badass boss:

Easy but awesome. How could you say no to a giant, evil, health-obsessed Luigi?

This fucking guy:

The Vegnagun, remember from Final Fantasy X-2? His health points were high as shit. And you know what? You had a fucking time limit to kill the boss before the dude that controls it shoots a FUCKING LAZER THAT DESTROYS SPIRA. Not hard enough? The beginning takes fucking shit time to kill the tail. Well once you get to the chest node in the middle, that friggin node fires a LAZER at you that can one-hit kill you if you aren't careful. That's not even the end of it. Once you defeat the Core area, you have to fight the HEAD and TWO "REDOUBTS".
Shit was so hard.

Fridge wrote:

Bastards.

Fuck i HATE those dragon priests.

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

Skeleton King, Diablo 3.God i hate this fucker. He has as shitload of hitpoints, he deals alot of damage, and spawns tough enemies. And hes only the first boss, so when you face him, he pretty much owns you.

I was a barb with shitty equip, easy as balls since I had the templar to heal me lots

now in diablo 1 he was hard….unless you had holy bolt

same with diablo the final boss… HOLY BOLT

hardest bawss of all time is THIS FUCKFACE:

(unless you have him follow you to a closed room with a door and windows to shoot cheap arrows though)
"AHHHHHH FRESH MEAT"

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!