Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

u mad bro

Last posted Jun 21, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT. Added Jun 20, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT
14 posts from 14 users

I don't get it..is pointing out and making fun of someone's feelings the new hip and cool thing to do? Everywere I go, someone has to say it on a public game server. It must be a great social skill, pointing out stuff like that.
Anything you see too much in pretty much anywere similar to umadbro, post. I want to prove that I'm not alone in this notice. Thanks!

inb49fag

Last edited Jun 20, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT

Personally, I laugh when I hear 10 year old kids say this completely out of context. They obviously do not know the meaning of Internet trolling.

But as for not-10-year-old kids, the phrase has become so mainstream now it means nothing. Same with the word 'trolling' itself.

Like:
"Oh hey guys, I'm new to this game, so don't get upset if I do bad!"
[later on; doing bad]
"Sorry guys! That was my fault, I know what to do now though! :) "
"lolumad ur so bad at this dude stop trolling im gonna report you"

I think it has to do with geekiness is now more socially acceptible than ever before. Therefore quoting mematic phrases from the Internet is now a "cool" thing to do. These phrases are showing their faces more commonly in public and over time simply become overused.
As for just being a jerk and pointing out people's flaws, humans have done this for millenia and on the Internet it doesn't change.

For the record I just pretty much laugh at anyone who says lolumad.

Iced Hot Chocolate wrote:

Personally, I laugh when I hear 10 year old kids say this completely out of context. They obviously do not know the meaning of Internet trolling.

But as for not-10-year-old kids, the phrase has become so mainstream now it means nothing. Same with the word 'trolling' itself.

Like:
"Oh hey guys, I'm new to this game, so don't get upset if I do bad!"
[later on; doing bad]
"Sorry guys! That was my fault, I know what to do now though! :) "
"lolumad ur so bad at this dude stop trolling im gonna report you"

I think it has to do with geekiness is now more socially acceptible than ever before. Therefore quoting mematic phrases from the Internet is now a "cool" thing to do. These phrases are showing their faces more commonly in public and over time simply become overused.
As for just being a jerk and pointing out people's flaws, humans have done this for millenia and on the Internet it doesn't change.

For the record I just pretty much laugh at anyone who says lolumad.

Oh my. People at my school say "u mad bro" a lot.
Whenever people say it in class I just want to punch them in the face. I once went up to this nerdy guy who said it and said "Hey cool, you know memes" and he said "What's a meme?" I swear…
People these days. Tsk tsk.

This reminds me of something else. I know that commercials are designed to make it look like all the cool kids use the advertised product, but it seems that whoever's NOT using the product is insulted and maligned in some way that has nothing to do with the ad other than to make him look like a loser who doesn't drink the right beer, for example. I don't know about y'all, but I'm more inclined to turn away from the product in the ad than go "WO-HO! GOT 'IM! WHERE'S MY WALLET?"

Hope that made some sort of sense.

it's the same as being around people that don't like you very much

when you smile it pains the shit out of them enough to yell at you "what the FUCK are you smiling about?"

you know what you do? you keep smiling

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!