Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,643 total conversations in 9,498 threads

+ New Thread


Taking all challengers.

Last posted Jul 03, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT. Added Jul 03, 2012 at 02:18AM EDT
43 posts from 25 users

Theres a long standing question (and source of rage) that i want answered.

“Who can defeat Son Goku 1v1?”

The rules:

  • No omnipotence
  • No omniscience either
  • Characters from any work of fiction are allowed
  • Explain why they win. Just because you say so isn’t grounds for an argument.
  • Be reasonable (this ones important)

Why barr the all powerful man gods you ask? Well, why isnt there a character in Mortal Kombat with infinite HP and unblockable 1 hit KO moves?

Same reason.

So KYM

Show me what you got!

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:24AM EDT

Ox Doxon wrote:

what?
huh?

and yes really…..

When you have a heart attack you die because you brain runs out of oxygen since theres no fresh blood pumping to it. this means Goku can just fly up at mach 9 and punch magneto in the face… of shoot him with Ki blasts… or teleport to mars… really i think people forget to factor in all of gokus powers when they think about who can beat him. Its not about how they could beat him its about if its a plausible way to beat him.

P.S. Goku already survived a heart attack FYI.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:35AM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

When you have a heart attack you die because you brain runs out of oxygen since theres no fresh blood pumping to it. this means Goku can just fly up at mach 9 and punch magneto in the face… of shoot him with Ki blasts… or teleport to mars… really i think people forget to factor in all of gokus powers when they think about who can beat him. Its not about how they could beat him its about if its a plausible way to beat him.

P.S. Goku already survived a heart attack FYI.

Ive read the magnas ive whatched the shows…PLUS i collect comics..So i know about both..I know all of Gokus tricks and Magnetos has seen them all in one form or another…

Goku can just fly up at mach 9 and punch magneto in the face
No….Just no…Magnetos shields are one of the, if not strongest shields in the Marvel universe and have shrugged of some off the most powerful attacks from some of the most power characters in marvel….

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:46AM EDT

Ox Doxon wrote:

Ive read the magnas ive whatched the shows…PLUS i collect comics..So i know about both..I know all of Gokus tricks and Magnetos has seen them all in one form or another…

Goku can just fly up at mach 9 and punch magneto in the face
No….Just no…Magnetos shields are one of the, if not strongest shields in the Marvel universe and have shrugged of some off the most powerful attacks from some of the most power characters in marvel….

Some of the most powerful attacks in the Marvel universe are moderately powerful in DBZ. To put it into perspective Piccolo blew up the moon… twice… with his basic attack. every single villian goku has ever faced is powerful enough to blow up the earth if they wanted. In fact they have… twice. comparing any kind of energy attack to that Goku’s that cant at least blow up the earth, or a physical attack that cant send a man flying through 6 consecutive mountains is like comparing a handgun to a howitzer.

Also Goku’s tricks are on a godlike level compared to most marven (or dc) super heros so i dont think magneto having seen them at a tiny fraction of their potential is going to help that much.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:57AM EDT

Ox Doxon wrote:

Some of the most powerful attacks in the Marvel universe are moderately powerful in DBZ
Nope sorry…You are either trolling or do not read comics

A spirit bomb, the most powerful attack in DBZ can blow up the sun. How many marvel heros or villians that arent literal gods or at least semi-omnipotent can come close to that.

Also relativistic punch. If you dont know what relativistic means google it.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 03:07AM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

A spirit bomb, the most powerful attack in DBZ can blow up the sun. How many marvel heros or villians that arent literal gods or at least semi-omnipotent can come close to that.

Also relativistic punch. If you dont know what relativistic means google it.

Magneto can make black holes…Black hole > Sun and destroys it….Next?

Ox Doxon wrote:

Magneto can make black holes…Black hole > Sun and destroys it….Next?

actively destroy it. also could he even make a black hole that could mange that in less than several hundred trillion years? Also if you were wondering things dont get sucked into a black hole they fall in. things that enter a black hole do so via decaying orbit. If magneto made one it would most likely not have enough mass (black holes have mass for those that didnt know) for the sun so it would have to rely on a tiny stream of plasma drifting into it from the sun to devour it. not only that but a black hole that magneto could create would either have to be directly next to the sun for countless millennia to have this effect AND destroy the sun or be big enough that its gravitational pull can throw all of the planets off their orbit and still remain for hundreds of thousands of years.

Magneto could not destroy the sun.

black holes dont work that way.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 03:19AM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

actively destroy it. also could he even make a black hole that could mange that in less than several hundred trillion years? Also if you were wondering things dont get sucked into a black hole they fall in. things that enter a black hole do so via decaying orbit. If magneto made one it would most likely not have enough mass (black holes have mass for those that didnt know) for the sun so it would have to rely on a tiny stream of plasma drifting into it from the sun to devour it. not only that but a black hole that magneto could create would either have to be directly next to the sun for countless millennia to have this effect AND destroy the sun or be big enough that its gravitational pull can throw all of the planets off their orbit and still remain for hundreds of thousands of years.

Magneto could not destroy the sun.

black holes dont work that way.

mange that in less than several hundred trillion years?
yes

And now that i think about it…given his powers he could just “turn the sun off”

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 03:22AM EDT

Ox Doxon wrote:

mange that in less than several hundred trillion years?
yes

And now that i think about it…given his powers he could just “turn the sun off”

> Megneto is powerful enough to not only reach the sun with his powers but suppress a nuclear reaction that puts out the same amount of energy in joules that the human race would need to sustain itself for 100000 years at our current rate of energy consumption every second.

The fucking silver surfer and galactus (ok maybe galactus) isnt that powerful.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 03:27AM EDT

and just to get it out of the way

Magneto has FTL reactions…..He has punked out “the runner” whose speed is faster then light so gokus speed is not an issue

He can use the metals in your blood and kill you with a snap of his finger or mess with your body at a molecular level…Or just simply stop gokus heart..

His shield has withstood things far more powerful than DBZverse like “Phoenix” who is the most powerful entity in the marvel universe..so gokus punches or beam attacks would be useless

Magnetos shields cant be bypassed by telporters..so gokus instant transmission is useless

404 user not found wrote:

> Megneto is powerful enough to not only reach the sun with his powers but suppress a nuclear reaction that puts out the same amount of energy in joules that the human race would need to sustain itself for 100000 years at our current rate of energy consumption every second.

The fucking silver surfer and galactus (ok maybe galactus) isnt that powerful.

Magneto can travel in space and can make worm holes so traveling to the sun wont be a problem….But at the end of the day he would not need to..Magnetos so in tune with the electro-magnetic spectrum that he can sense and deal with things far away without even needing to be there….

People think that he can only manipulate metal…But that far from true..Through his masterly of this field he can move anything and effect EVERYTHING at a molecular level….There is nothing goku could do at that level since the guy almost died by a virus in the heart…. Sorry but goku cant pull his on off…

Maxwell of Scribblenauts

Simply a boy, no omniscience, no omnipotence.
However he could win because he has the ability to create anything that isn’t profane by simply writing it down, which takes him literally no time at all and allows him to place the spawned object anywhere is a certain vicinity.
If Maxwell decided to use adjectives, he could go after Son Goku in an invincible, spiky, frost-breathing, flying, speedy, armed, department store.

Reimu. Fantasy Heaven’s ‘kind of’ overpowered, due to the fact it makes her impossible to, well, hit. She actually has to put a time limit on it voluntarily just to use it in the one bullet hell game in which it appears. In a serious battle, when she has no reason to time it? …Well…

I was gunna say Deadpool, but then i decided no. Goku would be a bitch to beat, so I’m going to say…. THE HULK. I dont really like the Hulk that much, but i think he could hold his own against Goku. Hulk gets more powerful all the time, especially when his heart rate is way high. His healing factor would stand against any burns against Goku’s beam attacks.

404 user not found wrote:

Theres a long standing question (and source of rage) that i want answered.

“Who can defeat Son Goku 1v1?”

The rules:

  • No omnipotence
  • No omniscience either
  • Characters from any work of fiction are allowed
  • Explain why they win. Just because you say so isn’t grounds for an argument.
  • Be reasonable (this ones important)

Why barr the all powerful man gods you ask? Well, why isnt there a character in Mortal Kombat with infinite HP and unblockable 1 hit KO moves?

Same reason.

So KYM

Show me what you got!

SS Goku > Goku

/thread

<a href = “http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-073”> SCP – 073 , also known as Cain. Any damage inflicted upon him is instead redirected at the person who directed the damage.

If you punch him in the nose, you receive the pain and damage of getting punched in the nose with the same amount of force.

Stab him, and you recieve a stab injury.

Shoot him in the head, and you are affected as if you were shot in the head.

Kid Buu shall own Goku and ANY other being that stands in his say! Yes, he has came quite close to owning Goku before and would’ve succeed if it wasn’t for the dragonballs recharging Goku(and the Spritbomb).

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT

No items,

only,
Final Destination.
Without items, Goku couldn’t use the dragon balls for anything.
Plus, his attacks take about half an episode to charge. Fox would send him flying before he even got an attack in.

Superman;the only one that killed him was Doomsday, and that was because he was a literal killing machine and because he had Kryptonian ginetics. Those ginetics are what caused Superman pain, so Goku wouldn’t be able to kill Supes, because Goku’s sayan, not a Kryptonian monster. I’m not sayin (no pun intended) that Superman would be able to kill Goku, quite the opposite actually, as I believe that Goku would put up a huge fight. In my opinion, the only reason Superman wouldn’t win, is because Goku fought him to a draw. …I’m actually surprised he wasn’t mentioned sooner

Dr. Richard "Dick" Ballzenall Jr. wrote:

Superman;the only one that killed him was Doomsday, and that was because he was a literal killing machine and because he had Kryptonian ginetics. Those ginetics are what caused Superman pain, so Goku wouldn’t be able to kill Supes, because Goku’s sayan, not a Kryptonian monster. I’m not sayin (no pun intended) that Superman would be able to kill Goku, quite the opposite actually, as I believe that Goku would put up a huge fight. In my opinion, the only reason Superman wouldn’t win, is because Goku fought him to a draw. …I’m actually surprised he wasn’t mentioned sooner

Kryptonite.
One goku finds it, Superman’s screwed.

Isn’t it obvious?

Pick any Sonic fan character. No matter what, they will beat anything that gets in their way, thanks to creators who like to make quote-on-quote “awesome” characters who don’t have any kryptonites.

Maybe even regular Sonic characters, as long as their from a fan boy’s perspective. Sonic could punch a hole in the moon, Shadow could kill 50 people just by breathing, etc, etc.

Unless we’re talking about the DBZ-fan Goku. Then we’re in an infinite battle.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!