Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Amusement parks.

Last posted Jul 06, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT. Added Jul 05, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT
16 posts from 14 users

I've Been in Six Flags Great America a few times in the last 2 Weeks and i've got to ride the X-Flight.
Anyone else been in a Amusement Park Lately?

Went to Disneyland about a month ago with my kids. Disneyland is fun for anyone, but it ramps up the awesome if you are a child or you have a child with you. I should post some pix.

I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa a few months ago, and succeeded in riding ALL OF THE ROLLER COASTERS.

They have this new one, it's called Cheetah Hunt.

It's a linear induction ride, which means the train is launched at high speed from right out of the station.

It was so awesome!

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT

Only real amusement park I've been to is Michigan's Adventure.

But I've also had interest in looking at pictures of abandoned amusement parks, like Six Flags New Orleans.

I went to Six Flags with my brother two days ago. He is the head of security there so we literally just walked in for free and did whatever. It was pretty cool because he kept pointing out random people chilling out and telling me that they were his security workers, and he kept pointing out parts of attractions and telling me about how they were actually doors or cameras. I'm generally scared as hell about anything that has a loop or corkscrew but I decided to man up and I tried several rides with such things. In the end I left with a wicked head ache, a sense of accomplishment, and a feeling of being closer with a sibling I rarely see.

Tetsu wrote:

went to epcot in disney at begining of summer. Its around the world themed but has like 3 rides and the lines were insane.

; _ ;

Well then you obviously only visited one of the two regions of Epcot.
There's World Showcase, which is just a big walk around the world, but then there's Future World, which has like 20 rides.
Test Track is the best.

Adam DeLand wrote:

Only real amusement park I've been to is Michigan's Adventure.

But I've also had interest in looking at pictures of abandoned amusement parks, like Six Flags New Orleans.

I haven't been to Michigan's Adventure in a long time! I think I was last there for a school field trip like… 12-13 years ago. Good park though

I dont do much at amusement parks since I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters, but there's usually enough other stuff around that I still enjoy it. I tend to prefer the water parks. xD

Besides Michigan's Adventure, I've been to Cedar Point in Ohio, Seaworld in Ohio (but I was very little so I don't remember much), Disney World, Seaworld in Orlando, and Busch Gardens in Tampa.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!