Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

312,461 total conversations in 9,691 threads

+ New Thread


KnowYourMeme Just for Fun Forum Tournament of Champions

Last posted Aug 06, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
292 posts from 49 users

Everyone, I have decided to start a tournament of everyone’s favourite forum-ers. If you’re not on here, I forgot you, you don’t frequent the forums that often, or you’re too new a user. In any case, don’t be offended. This is the first round. For each pairing, you must pick which user you like better, which user you think would win in a fight, or whoever you think wins overall. The winner of each pairing will advance, while the loser will be knocked out. Remember; this is JUST FOR FUN, so KYM, don’t be offended if you don’t advance.
These are the first round pairings:

Pick who you want to win for each and have fun!
(Polls for this round will be closed at 19:00 EDT on Tuesday, July 31, 2012.)

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 07:48PM EDT

Fuck…If I do get passed Prof. Cheese I got Random Man….
Then for whatever miricle I get passed him… I have to deal with Natsuru, Suiseiseki,or Gamzee…
What do I have to do to make it?
Kill the fight itself.

Do we vote for only one or do we vote for each fight?

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Fuck…If I do get passed Prof. Cheese I got Random Man….
Then for whatever miricle I get passed him… I have to deal with Natsuru, Suiseiseki,or Gamzee…
What do I have to do to make it?
Kill the fight itself.

Do we vote for only one or do we vote for each fight?

Sorry ANN, I had to change it because one or more of the users was deactivated in the making of the bracket. You are now up against Lich in the first round.

>Hopes my posting in JFF pays off
>Crosses fingers
>Dissapointment
Maybe next time…

Anyways, the first winners should be Kalmo, BSoD, Brawler, Notsocool, Serious, Coolface, Falcon, Ann, Citation, LUIS, Wsxdas, Verbose, Nightmare Moon, Alejandro, Mexican, Alex, Pyro, Opspe, Vasquez, Zarathh, Random Man, Natsuru, Twins, Patrick, Muffins, Ric Tesla, Madcat, Doctor Hobo, Negi, Proffesor Cheese, Quantum Meme, and Troll King.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT

Ok better chances!
This also seems like one big popularity contest IMO
But for my first round picks.
Kalmo, Maki, Moargun, Chris, Random21, Mister J, Douglas, Ann, CitationNeeded, RocketPanda, Wxsdas, verbose, nightmare moon, Alejandro, Mexican Android, Alex, Ashbot, brucker, vasquez, zarrath, Ox Doxom, Natsuru, Twins, Gamzee, RF, Ric Tesla, Neon Wabbit, Seal, Negi, Adam, Suiseiseki, Troll king.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Ok better chances!
This also seems like one big popularity contest IMO
But for my first round picks.
Kalmo, Maki, Moargun, Chris, Random21, Mister J, Douglas, Ann, CitationNeeded, RocketPanda, Wxsdas, verbose, nightmare moon, Alejandro, Mexican Android, Alex, Ashbot, brucker, vasquez, zarrath, Ox Doxom, Natsuru, Twins, Gamzee, RF, Ric Tesla, Neon Wabbit, Seal, Negi, Adam, Suiseiseki, Troll king.

Yep! And we do vote for each pairing.

I vote for:
Bob
BSoD
Teh Brawler
notsocool
Random 21
Mister J
Douglas
Ann (sorry Lich…)
Fridge Logic
Luis
Wsxdas
Verbose
Nightmare Moon
Alejandro
Mexican Android
Alex
Ashbot
Opspe
Vasquez
Zarathh
Random man
Natsuru
Twins
Patrick
Muffins
Ric Tesla
Madcat
Doctorhobo
Negi
Prof.Cheese
Suiseiseki
Troll King

Ok.

So how are we exactly competing in this tournament?

My picks:
BOB
BSoD
Brawler
NotsoCool
Random21
Mister J
Cyber6x
ANN HIRO
Fridge
RPP
WSXDAS
LaserPacer
NightmareMoon
kim jong
MEX
me
ashbot
opspe
vazquez
zArathh
ox doxon
NATSURU
twins
patrick
RF
madCat
Dr.HoBo
NEGi
Prof. Cheese
Suis
TK-all-day

I love you guys for voting for me.
Except you, alex.
Sadly, I won’t get past the second round, and even if I do, i’m fucked against J.


Kalmo
BSoD
Brawler
Chris
Random
Mister J
Me
ANN
Cite
LUIS
Lolgineer
Verbose
Moon
Alejandro
404
Pyro
Opspe
Vasquez (IDK who these guys are)
Andrew (Easyaspi)
RandomMan
Natsuru (I actually DETEST Kasirkai)
Twins
Patrick
RF
Ric
Madcat
Seal
Herobrine
Adam
DESU (Sui)
Zacharias
Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:14PM EDT

Bob
BSoD
Brawler
Notsocool
Random 21
Mister J
Cyber6x
Lich
Fridge Logic
RocketPanda
Wsxdas
Verbose
Nightmare Moon
Alejandro
Mexican Android
Alex
Pyro
Opspe
Vasquez
Zarrath
Random (sorry Ox)
Natsuru
Twins
Patrick
Myself (gulp)
Ric
Madcat
Seal
Herobrine
Prof. Cheese
Sui
Zach

None of my votes are personal against anyone (including Nair).

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:30PM EDT

Hmm. I see I’m not among the competitors. No matter, my job is not to compete, but to support. All combatants need their vitamin C after all. Why, without my nutritional value, the whole arrangement would crumble, so technically I’ve won by default.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

I love you guys for voting for me.
Except you, alex.
Sadly, I won’t get past the second round, and even if I do, i’m fucked against J.


Kalmo
BSoD
Brawler
Chris
Random
Mister J
Me
ANN
Cite
LUIS
Lolgineer
Verbose
Moon
Alejandro
404
Pyro
Opspe
Vasquez (IDK who these guys are)
Andrew (Easyaspi)
RandomMan
Natsuru (I actually DETEST Kasirkai)
Twins
Patrick
RF
Ric
Madcat
Seal
Herobrine
Adam
DESU (Sui)
Zacharias

Don’t worry.
You have either me or Lich to deal with the second round.
*Bumps fist on Falcons shoulder*
It’s gonna be alright.

I don’t think I’m going to participate in this. All we end up doing is alienating other users, and that isn’t right. Thanks for all the votes you’ve given me, but I want to be removed from this.

madcat wrote:

I don’t think I’m going to participate in this. All we end up doing is alienating other users, and that isn’t right. Thanks for all the votes you’ve given me, but I want to be removed from this.

My List:
HolyCrapItsBob
BSoD
Teh Brawler
Chris
Nair
Mister J
Douglass J Falcon
ANN HIRO
Fridge Logic
RocketPanda
Wsxdas
Verbose
Nightmare Moon
Alejandro
Mexican Android
Alex
Pyro
Opspe
Vasquez
Zarathh
RandomMan
Natsuru
Solaire
Gamzee
Muffins
Ric
Madcat
Seal
Herobrine
Cheese
Suiseiseki
Zacharias

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:29PM EDT

one thing I don’t understand, but fear greatly BTW, Natsuru simply posts her list, and she get’s just as much Karma as the OP just for participating.
Just pointing that out.
But I am guilty of that as well, so I refrain from giving Karma untill this contest is over, even if I get killed off, untill it is over.
But will try to balance Karma when Negative Karma is falsely given.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I don’t think I’m going to participate in this. All we end up doing is alienating other users, and that isn’t right. Thanks for all the votes you’ve given me, but I want to be removed from this.

I completely understand madcat. The only way to be removed is by losing the round, but I will default it and your competitor will automatically win the round. I can’t remove you altogether though without messing up the entire bracket.
But by the way everyone, this bracket was created at complete random, in case anyone decides to challenge that.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT

I’m not voting. Sorry, but I don’t want some users feeling like I appreciate them less than the others. For that reason, I’m not going to be throwing in any votes.

Edit: Actually, madcat has a great idea. I’d like to withdraw from this competition. Have fun with round two, Kalmo.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:57PM EDT

Actually, after some thought, I think I agree with Bob and Madcat. I would like to be removed from the tournament (and have my votes voided as well).

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

What the hell guys, I’m a horrible user in comparison to Solaire. Just look at all his kramaz.

And ugh, do we have to vote for all the pairings? I hate being decisive in matters like this, because it’s not very nice, but I suppose I’ll do it, if only for Solaire.

Kalmo vs HolyCrapItsBob- I never see Kalmo around much, and Bob is the proest arguer ever. Bob
BSOD vs Maki- This is really close, and both of them have helped me in some shape or form here at KYM, but I’m going to have to give it to BSOD because my wall would be terrible if I didn’t have his (and X-Singular’s) code to steal.
Moargun vs Teh Brawler- I’m afraid I don’t know Moargun, so Teh Brawler
Notsocool vs Chris- I suppose I’ll give this to notsocool, since he’s actually not so not so cool. I also find his 13ness to be cute (inb4 pedobear). Chris don’t ban me pl0x
Nair vs Random 21- Nair has improved a lot since his old “derail every thread into a pony debate” days, but he’s still going to have to work a lot harder to gain my support. Random 21
Mister J vs Coolface- Mister J because I’m a suck up to mods
Falcon vs Cyber- Falcon is 100% JFF, 100% of the time, and this is the JFF Forum tournament, so Falcon
Ann vs Lich- Ann seems to be alright for an oldfag, so Ann (but Lich is still a boss)
Cite vs Fridge- Do I have to do this? They’re both about equally awesome, but I’ll vote for Fridge because cite’s lack of space in his name bugs me (trollface.jpg)
LUIS vs RocketPanda- I like pandas, and I like rockets, so RocketPanda
Wsxdas vs Lolgineer- dat impossible to pronounce name wsxdas
Verbose vs Laser Pacer- that’s not fair in the remotest sense. Verbose is best user evar, so much that I don’t feel the need to bold his name.
Moon vs Meow- Nightmare Moon (please don’t raep me in my sleep anymore)
Alejandro vs Kim Jong- They say flattery is the sincerest form of imitation. Or something like that. Alejandro the Axiomatic Amplexus
Mexican vs 404- Another hard one that I’d rather not do. I’ll give this Mexican because I don’t see 404 around here much (or maybe I’m just selectively disregarding his posts)
Alex vs tardises- Gotta love those mononyms Alex
Pyro vs Ashbot- Let the record show that Pyro, in fact, is female
Opspe vs Brucker- I feel like you did this for the sole purpose of screwing with me. Brucker is my linguistics buddy, and opspe is a fellow Canadian genius. Brucker because inherent mod bias, and that’ll teach opspe to be sort of on hiatus.
Vasquez vs Constantine- Vasquez is like the Mermaidman of this site, but more alive. Vasquez
Zarathh vs Andrew- PONIES Zarathh
RandomMan vs Ox Doxon- Ox has the art skillz, but RandomMan completely makes the site what it is. RandomMan
Kasrkai vs Natsuru- Natsuru has been on the site for 2 years, and has contributed to every second of it (except for those times he didn’t) Natsuru
Solaire vs Twins- Twins is a horrible person. She’s doesn’t even have a twin, never makes any sense, is on PMS approximately 200% of the time she’s on the site, is possibly the biggest karma-whore (not to mention plain old whore) ever, and most likely actually is dolan. Solaire
Gamzee vs Patrick- mononyms are the smex Patrick
Muffins vs Russian- You fool, Ruficollis isn’t a valid English word. Muffins are yummy.
Ric tesla vs troll watcher- PONIES Ric Tesla
NeonWabbit vs madcat- Wabbit- Researcher, Animator, Artist, Brony, Christian, Comedian, Cyberpunk, Designer, Foodie, Furry, Gamer, Homestucker, Internet Scientist, Literature Writer, Musician, Performer, Programmer, Steampunk, Technology Inventor, Friend.
Sting vs Hobo- Hobo is mah bro
Negi vs Herobrine- Herobrine posts moar
Adam vs Cheese- Cheese goes well with everything, including KYM.
Quantum Meme vs Suiseiseksi- Suiseiseksi has a drawing thread, and contrary to popular belief, has an easy to remember name
Troll King vs Zacharias- qui est Zacarias? Troll King

That took a while.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT

Everyone, I’m not trying to alienate other users or make them feel bad. I swear. I just thought it would be fun. The only thing the winner gets are bragging rights, which will probably end up lasting less than a week. There’s no title or anything. I’m very sorry if I offended anybody in any way, but could we please just play this without getting sad? I understand if you guys want to leave, but if any more do, I’m gonna have to shut the whole thing down. I really don’t want to do that. So let’s just do this and have fun, alright guys?
i ♥ u guis

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

What the hell guys, I’m a horrible user in comparison to Solaire. Just look at all his kramaz.

And ugh, do we have to vote for all the pairings? I hate being decisive in matters like this, because it’s not very nice, but I suppose I’ll do it, if only for Solaire.

Kalmo vs HolyCrapItsBob- I never see Kalmo around much, and Bob is the proest arguer ever. Bob
BSOD vs Maki- This is really close, and both of them have helped me in some shape or form here at KYM, but I’m going to have to give it to BSOD because my wall would be terrible if I didn’t have his (and X-Singular’s) code to steal.
Moargun vs Teh Brawler- I’m afraid I don’t know Moargun, so Teh Brawler
Notsocool vs Chris- I suppose I’ll give this to notsocool, since he’s actually not so not so cool. I also find his 13ness to be cute (inb4 pedobear). Chris don’t ban me pl0x
Nair vs Random 21- Nair has improved a lot since his old “derail every thread into a pony debate” days, but he’s still going to have to work a lot harder to gain my support. Random 21
Mister J vs Coolface- Mister J because I’m a suck up to mods
Falcon vs Cyber- Falcon is 100% JFF, 100% of the time, and this is the JFF Forum tournament, so Falcon
Ann vs Lich- Ann seems to be alright for an oldfag, so Ann (but Lich is still a boss)
Cite vs Fridge- Do I have to do this? They’re both about equally awesome, but I’ll vote for Fridge because cite’s lack of space in his name bugs me (trollface.jpg)
LUIS vs RocketPanda- I like pandas, and I like rockets, so RocketPanda
Wsxdas vs Lolgineer- dat impossible to pronounce name wsxdas
Verbose vs Laser Pacer- that’s not fair in the remotest sense. Verbose is best user evar, so much that I don’t feel the need to bold his name.
Moon vs Meow- Nightmare Moon (please don’t raep me in my sleep anymore)
Alejandro vs Kim Jong- They say flattery is the sincerest form of imitation. Or something like that. Alejandro the Axiomatic Amplexus
Mexican vs 404- Another hard one that I’d rather not do. I’ll give this Mexican because I don’t see 404 around here much (or maybe I’m just selectively disregarding his posts)
Alex vs tardises- Gotta love those mononyms Alex
Pyro vs Ashbot- Let the record show that Pyro, in fact, is female
Opspe vs Brucker- I feel like you did this for the sole purpose of screwing with me. Brucker is my linguistics buddy, and opspe is a fellow Canadian genius. Brucker because inherent mod bias, and that’ll teach opspe to be sort of on hiatus.
Vasquez vs Constantine- Vasquez is like the Mermaidman of this site, but more alive. Vasquez
Zarathh vs Andrew- PONIES Zarathh
RandomMan vs Ox Doxon- Ox has the art skillz, but RandomMan completely makes the site what it is. RandomMan
Kasrkai vs Natsuru- Natsuru has been on the site for 2 years, and has contributed to every second of it (except for those times he didn’t) Natsuru
Solaire vs Twins- Twins is a horrible person. She’s doesn’t even have a twin, never makes any sense, is on PMS approximately 200% of the time she’s on the site, is possibly the biggest karma-whore (not to mention plain old whore) ever, and most likely actually is dolan. Solaire
Gamzee vs Patrick- mononyms are the smex Patrick
Muffins vs Russian- You fool, Ruficollis isn’t a valid English word. Muffins are yummy.
Ric tesla vs troll watcher- PONIES Ric Tesla
NeonWabbit vs madcat- Wabbit- Researcher, Animator, Artist, Brony, Christian, Comedian, Cyberpunk, Designer, Foodie, Furry, Gamer, Homestucker, Internet Scientist, Literature Writer, Musician, Performer, Programmer, Steampunk, Technology Inventor, Friend.
Sting vs Hobo- Hobo is mah bro
Negi vs Herobrine- Herobrine posts moar
Adam vs Cheese- Cheese goes well with everything, including KYM.
Quantum Meme vs Suiseiseksi- Suiseiseksi has a drawing thread, and contrary to popular belief, has an easy to remember name
Troll King vs Zacharias- qui est Zacarias? Troll King

That took a while.

Thanks for giving me a motto.

I sincerely doubt I’ll make it out of the first round.

Ah well, not like I’d stand a chance after that anyway.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I sincerely doubt I’ll make it out of the first round.

Ah well, not like I’d stand a chance after that anyway.

yeah, you’re fucked. You might have had a chance if you were put against sting.

Last edited Jul 30, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

yeah, you’re fucked. You might have had a chance if you were put against sting.

Yeah, but Sting looks pretty screwed, too.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!