Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,101 total conversations in 9,273 threads

+ New Thread

Lego thread

Last posted Aug 18, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT. Added Aug 11, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
43 posts from 27 users

I fukken love legos. Talk about your favorite sets, sets you wish you had but never got, what product line you liked best, ect.

Perhaps most importantly though, Lego recently updated Lego Digital Designer and now there’s an extended mode stocked with damn near every brick you could possibly be looking for! you can download it here

(Once you’ve downloaded that mofo and you’re ready to build shit, make sure you’ve selected the black tab in the project screen that pops up when you open the program to use Extended mode).

And if you’d like to build an old set, I can pretty much guarantee you can find scans of it’s instructions here

I’ll tell you all about the thing I’m currently working on in LDD later but for now I leave you with
my favorite set from my childhood

That fucking skeleton, man. I liked the final step of building this set where you put the roof on and see how perfectly he fits up there before you pull the lance out and he falls down.

and this – Lego KYM.

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Why does DPF get to be Jango Fett.

That’s not DPF. It’s a user who only posts in Pony General.

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT

And yet another thread giving a excuse to post my lego ork vehicles that may look bad quality in design but keep in mind it’s orky.

But idk if I did a good job on the stompa though.

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT

Whoa, it’s me but Lego. That shiznat is bananas.

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:03PM EDT

Ric Tesla, they could be better.

DEM BITZ AINT RED ENUFF! DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA!

(but seriously, there’s no problem with it)

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 07:06PM EDT

When I was at youth, I had the best Lego set ever:

Naturally, like sucked after we got rid of my 98 up until Minecraft was invented.

Also, I love how the Wikiped article is FULL of personal opinions and completely devoid of citations, yet remains 100% entirely true. Written by a fan, no doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Creator_%28video_game%29

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

Check this out! I made this for hours! An epic model made out of legos! Epic huh?

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:25PM EDT

Do I love legos?

Let’s just say this was my best friend during elementary

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

@count lionel

aaaaaaaaaaah that program was the best! And lol I knew that article would mention the destructa brick atleast twice.

@ric

Nice, and I see you had one of those bitch’n old ufos!

So anyways, here’s the thing I’m trying to build in LDD.

but since those huge raised baseplates are among the few things that aren’t available in LDD, I had to make the damn thing myself.

Took acouple days and it’s damn near 800 pieces alone, but I always wanted to build that caste in particular and I didn’t see the sense in letting the lack of a single piece stop me if there was some way to improvise.

Last edited Aug 12, 2012 at 04:29AM EDT
Aug 12, 2012 at 04:24AM EDT

What’s annoyed me a lot of the time is people saying “Legos”

It’s like saying “Tescos”, people do it, but why? Although of course, people have more of an excuse with Lego because it’s possible to turn it into a plural.

Thing is, I just call them ‘Lego’, like ‘sheep’.

Aug 12, 2012 at 05:50AM EDT

Just sayin’, the classic Rebel Blockade Runner is the best Lego ever made. In good condition, I’m seeing them go for almost 1,500 dollars.

Mine is in pretty good shape these days, though it had been ruined up until recently by three moves and five years without any attention. It’s still missing a few pieces, but nothing you’d notice unless I pointed it out to you.

Edit, below

Lego Racers? Aww yeah, I had that game for computer a long time ago. That and both of the Lego Island games, and Lego Loco in German, which I couldn’t figure out because I didn’t speak German at the time. In Lego Island 2, I got to the part where you have to fly to Ogel’s base on Mars, but my game glitched and I couldn’t see anything. It was really disappointing.

Last edited Aug 12, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Aug 12, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT

For some reason, me being Squidward is quite fitting. Probably because I’ve had a few Squidy avatars in the past.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:56PM EDT

I’ve got some modest experience with physical LEGO sets, but most of my experience with LEGO actually comes from video games.

I still have a copy of LEGO Racer on N64, but I also have a copy of Drome Racers from Gamecube that I still play on my Wii from time to time.

But if I had a chance to get my hands on some Drome Racing LEGO sets, I wouldn’t hesitate. Only issue is that I think they discontinued the Drome line.

Aug 12, 2012 at 01:57PM EDT

I loved all the vehicles. I got almost 100% on it, but then it crashed and I lost my save.

Aug 12, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

I loved all the vehicles. I got almost 100% on it, but then it crashed and I lost my save.

Whadda game. Now that I remember, I need to dig through my Legos and find those classic pizzas. Those were the best.

In the absence of my Brickster minifigure, wherever he may be, I offer you Ogel:

And classic Jango and Watto:

Aug 12, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

WHAT A GREAT GAME

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:31AM EDT

haha, I also had Lego Island and made everyone wear cats on their heads once. True story.

@Exudes

Yeah, My Venator class republic attack cruiser is probably missing afew pieces here and there because I can’t seem to pick it up without something falling off of it, but it’s still pretty cool, too.

Also made more of these (including yours, sting)

And this is coming along nicely

Ha! Betch’ya guise didn’t think the baseplate I pulled out of my ass would work, huh? Betch’ya thought old Iamslow was slow AND crazy, huh?

HahahaIdidn’tthinkitwouldworkeither.

Last edited Aug 13, 2012 at 06:30AM EDT
Aug 13, 2012 at 06:29AM EDT

The worst thing about Lego is…

…to pick up the giant mess you made by searching that ONE piece!

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:24AM EDT

I. Fucking. Love. Bionicles. I believe I have over 200 of them tucked away somewhere in my attic, fully built. My favorite Bionicle sets were all of the Makutas (although Makuta Teridax was my favorite). I also have that giant super Makuta from the second or third generation of Bionicle.

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:38AM EDT

ERMERGERD. I did it!

That was fun, used alot of pieces I didn’t think I’d ever get to. Some details here and there are missing and I had to make my own minifiures because lego hasn’t used those designs on the shields and bodies in years so they weren’t in LDD. In fact LDD doesn’t have a whole lot of pieces with designs printed on them, which is pretty much the only way in which I think the program is lacking.

Kinda weird how Lego always puts their kings in cramped towers and not in actual throne rooms lol

There’s a dungeon under the ramp-

ERMERGERD I let the berserker out!

Lego obviously put that double crossbow contraption there to keep ninjas from hiding under those blue flaps. I think I should have assigned a less hapless looking guard to it.

@Silheavylobster

lol that pic reminded me of this

You’d think this wouldn’t be true in LDD as well but it is >_<

Last edited Aug 14, 2012 at 02:52PM EDT
Aug 14, 2012 at 02:47PM EDT

You know what?

I think I’ll download LDD and see if I can’t create a few masterpieces of my own.

I’ll just have to figure it out first… I did see an F-14 Tomcat in the public gallery. Wonder if I could recreate the colors of the Razgriz Squadron on an F-14.

Maybe that’s a bit much to be starting off with…

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

I had racers 2 – actually I probably still have it somewhere. That game was bada-- at age 10, but looking at it now, it had laughably obvious rubberbanding.

I also had creator, and, once again probably have it hidden in the same place as racers. It was awesome, but it probably wouldnt work on a windows 7 cries

My favorite set when I was a kid was the naboo starfighter, but I also had…

THE LEGENDARY PIRATE SHIP.

Aug 14, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

You know what?

I think I’ll download LDD and see if I can’t create a few masterpieces of my own.

I’ll just have to figure it out first… I did see an F-14 Tomcat in the public gallery. Wonder if I could recreate the colors of the Razgriz Squadron on an F-14.

Maybe that’s a bit much to be starting off with…

I’d go for it. The only thing that isn’t exactly self explanatory imo is the way that bricks are categorized.
At first glance, you think you’d know right where everything is, but nope. For example I’ve seen minifigure weapons in the minifigure category and in the antenna category where you can also find flowers, sinks and freaking dragon parts. (lol fuck logic). You can find a lot of plane and other vehicle parts in the steering wheel one though, so at least that makes sense.

Also I put this little armored car together myself. It’s based off an old British one.

I think I’d like to try making a little tank next.

Last edited Aug 14, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT
Aug 14, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

Yeah, speaking of tanks, I’ve seen Tigers and Churchills in the public gallery. Any regular tank just wouldn’t stand out.

I think I’ll start trying my hand with this, seeing what I can put together. Bet it’ll take me weeks to fully figure it out, though.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:55AM EDT

I almost have a full collection of all the Lego minifigures series :D

Also they might make this

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:03AM EDT

Say, since I’m thinking on it, you seen any parts similar to stuff from the Drome Racers line? Aside from tires and wheels, that is?

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:09AM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Say, since I’m thinking on it, you seen any parts similar to stuff from the Drome Racers line? Aside from tires and wheels, that is?

I found alot of them in Extended mode, mostly in the steering wheel and windshield catagories.

Also if your looking for the instructions on Bricklink, they’re scattered throughout the 6 pages called “Racers”. For some reason there’s no drome racers page.

@about tanks

Eh, I don’t upload anything to the gallery anyways. I’d be satisfied if I could make a small one.

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 12:19PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT

Damn.

(sigh) The Drome line only ran for three years, though, can’t say I’m surprised that it never got much…

Still, why would they run such an awesome line for only three years?

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:18PM EDT

So I just consolidated my Lego collection. Who can do better?

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT
Aug 15, 2012 at 06:12PM EDT

Got a bunch of green pieces from Lego Land a while back, made this:

Pose-able:

Aug 18, 2012 at 02:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!