Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

307,108 total conversations in 8,875 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Males Versus Females

Last posted Aug 24, 2012 at 08:51AM EDT. Added Aug 15, 2012 at 02:41PM EDT
53 posts from 34 users

That first picture shows the exact opposites of what I do.
I don’t explore dungeons and I explore every place at the mall.

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:53PM EDT

Yeah, I may not play Elder Scrolls, but I know that first one.

Happens all the time to me in Fallout 3. Yeah. Gotta grab everything of value, and I do mean everything.

Aug 15, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

That first picture shows the exact opposites of what I do.
I don’t explore dungeons and I explore every place at the mall.

Note: Don’t take this thread too seriously.

Aug 15, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

Men uses the left side of their brain, which is the rational part. While women uses both. That doesn’t mean women are smarter than men. For example, if both are given a problem, the male will solve it first, while the female will waste time putting it into words. And if both are given a modeling clay and sculpt it into a shape, the male will have a head start. But once the women had thought of the shape, they will build it faster. If both are given a memory test, the female will more likely to solve it.

Conclusion: Neither one is smarter than the other.

Aug 15, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

Kipp wrote:

Men uses the left side of their brain, which is the rational part. While women uses both. That doesn’t mean women are smarter than men. For example, if both are given a problem, the male will solve it first, while the female will waste time putting it into words. And if both are given a modeling clay and sculpt it into a shape, the male will have a head start. But once the women had thought of the shape, they will build it faster. If both are given a memory test, the female will more likely to solve it.

Conclusion: Neither one is smarter than the other.

I have a problem with your explanation, considering I’m not only a fictional writer/cartoonist, which involves using the right side of the brain, but I’m also left handed.

Aug 15, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

I have a problem with your explanation, considering I’m not only a fictional writer/cartoonist, which involves using the right side of the brain, but I’m also left handed.

The right side of the brain controls the left side of your body, and vice versa.

Aug 15, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

ITT: People not realizing xkcd already explained this

This might lead the thread from “funny sexist stereotypes” to “unfair double standards”.
Oh! Well, even unfair double standards can be funny, right?

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:59PM EDT

Pseudogenesis wrote:

The right side of the brain controls the left side of your body, and vice versa.

Men use more Grey Matter while women use more of the White Matter.

Aug 16, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT

Young girls are actually stronger than young boys up until puberty. After that, girls are about 52-66% as strong as guys on the upper body, and 70-80% as strong on the lower body.

Aug 16, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT

Pseudogenesis wrote:

That was my point by saying I was left-handed.

Aug 16, 2012 at 04:03PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

That was my point by saying I was left-handed.

gives Brawler a left handed high five because we’re the master race of left-handedness

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 04:34PM EDT
Aug 16, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT

Hot Blooded Warrior wrote:

We’re just too different. I don’t know how we get along.

Just destroy what’s between you!

Aug 16, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Young girls are actually stronger than young boys up until puberty. After that, girls are about 52-66% as strong as guys on the upper body, and 70-80% as strong on the lower body.

Uhmm… I guess she makes sense now:

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

Men use more Grey Matter while women use more of the White Matter.

Trolls use more black matter.

Aug 18, 2012 at 02:54AM EDT

Weasel wrote:

Am I a male or a female?

You’re a cat…so you’re a pussy..girl.

Aug 18, 2012 at 01:17PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

inb4 Natsuru

Men are superior. That is how we are designed. I’m so fucking sick of hearing women say they can do whatever men can do. No, you fucking can’t. There are things men can do that women can’t, and should not do. Just like there are things that women can do that men cannot. Like making a decent sammich.

Aug 20, 2012 at 07:14AM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

inb4 Natsuru

Men are superior. That is how we are designed. I’m so fucking sick of hearing women say they can do whatever men can do. No, you fucking can’t. There are things men can do that women can’t, and should not do. Just like there are things that women can do that men cannot. Like making a decent sammich.

I don’t know about you guys, but the females in my family can’t make a sandwich worth shit.

Also, define “Things X Can/Can’t do”.

Aug 20, 2012 at 07:36AM EDT

Cale wrote:

I don’t know about you guys, but the females in my family can’t make a sandwich worth shit.

Also, define “Things X Can/Can’t do”.

Women cannot give the dick!

Aug 22, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

inb4 Natsuru

I for one believe that both men and women are equal in just about everything. Sure some men are stronger than other and some women are stronger than others. But it doesn’t matter if your a boy or a girl what matters is what you do. Just because Im a guy doesn’t mean that i can’t cook and rely one women for decent food, no. Men are not “Superior” neither are women. Were equals.

Your statement is very flawed.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

inb4 Natsuru

First of all, I can make a damned good sandwich!

Second of all, men are not superior in every sense. When it comes to physical activities, men are generally superior, but women can surpass them with adrenaline and other natural physical ‘steroids’. A woman can lift far more than a man if her child is in danger, and women are also stronger, depending on the type of month (that isn’t a joke about the period making women evil, they do become more physically capable as they become more fertile). In the mental field, women are generally better at multi-tasking and organizing, while men are better at focusing on a single objective. Neither is really superior, but they’re better at different fields.

All this is due to the roles each gender played when our species was young. Men were the hunters and gatherers, so they needed to be quick and strong, as well as focused, to catch their prey. Women stayed home and tended to the cooking and children, so they needed to be able to handle multiple things at once and also stand their ground if under attack from predators.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT

>Solaire… I don’t think any woman, no matter in how much danger her child is in, could outlift the strongest man…. I agree with everything else.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

inb4 Natsuru

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT

It does get depressing existing for the sole purpose of procreating children and providing nourishment for members of the clearly superior opposite sex. But I will acknowledge the grace of men for allowing us to have laptops in the kitchen.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:49PM EDT

What Society thinks: Men are strong and stupid, Women are smart but weak.
What Tumblr thinks: Nobody should be judged based on their sex!
What I think: We’re all just different kinds of stupid.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:51PM EDT

What can I say at this point?

I personally don’t think that either men nor women are superior. We’re equal, just different from one another.

In my opinion, men get the easy part of reproduction. And in my mind, that means that men should at least show some degree of deference to women. Maybe I just think about stuff like this too hard or something…

Still, I can’t see myself trying to force a women to do as I want. I’d be more likely to let her order me around. Not to say I’d be a complete doormat, but rarely would I ask her to go out of her way on my behalf.

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT

Seth Wright wrote:

>Solaire… I don’t think any woman, no matter in how much danger her child is in, could outlift the strongest man…. I agree with everything else.

Not the strongest man, but most men. There have been cases of women with average physical strength lifting cars to save their children. Now, if those women were Olympic weight-lifters (which aren’t far from the level the male Olympic weight-lifters are on) and their children were in danger, I’d wager they could lift more than some of the strongest men in the world.

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

It does get depressing existing for the sole purpose of procreating children and providing nourishment for members of the clearly superior opposite sex. But I will acknowledge the grace of men for allowing us to have laptops in the kitchen.

Woah, woah, woah, I didn’t say you could have a laptop AND an Internet connection!

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 09:17PM EDT

Men and women are different. Not better or worse, just different.

VERY ODD ANALOGY: In Dungeons & Dragons (3.5 edition why not) certain races get bonuses or detriments from their ability scores. Half-orcs tend to be stupid, Dwarves are unlikeable, and elves are dainty. BUT by putting your highest points into a stat, you can defy convention. You can play as an Ultra-strong hobbit if you want to.

So, say men have better spacial reasoning. That is a clear trend. Yet, that doesn’t mean women are always bad at it, or that any particular man is good at it. They’re just trends. And anyone can, by choice or by genetics, play against stereotype.

But jokes about steryotype are still funny. That half-orc is such an idiot!

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:26AM EDT

Olivia Gulin wrote:

Holy crap, this whole thread is like a bad sitcom.

I think this thread is being taken a bit too seriously.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:51AM EDT

Weasel wrote:

I think this thread is being taken a bit too seriously.

This thread is serious business.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Can’t we have both?

OK, first let me start off with my thoughts on which sex is better.

Men are lazy, but still hardworking at the same time.

Woman are bitchy, and whining, but easily loved.

If woman are so focused on being, “equal” to the male gender, why is it then you never see them pick up the check when you’re at a place that serves foodstuffs? Why is it that men have to propose? And why is it, that men have to buy the female in the relationship everything?

You might say, “It’s a nice gesture” That’s true, but you rarely see woman (expect for the last one) do any of these things while in a commitment with another humanitarian.

Please don’t down vote just because you’re biased. This is just my opinion.

Last edited Aug 24, 2012 at 07:57AM EDT
Aug 24, 2012 at 07:50AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!