Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Sibling Rivalry

Last posted Aug 17, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT. Added Aug 17, 2012 at 01:26PM EDT
13 posts from 12 users

Post funny/stupid/outrageous stories about your sibling rivalry experiences.
I'll start.
Yesterday I bought a Drum Kit, All my money that I saved from my birthday, and last Christmas went into the kit. I started actually playing the kit at 11:30 this morning. About 30 minutes after I started self teaching myself, I heard this rumbling, like a bus and a train were having loud passionate sex on the side of my house. I went down to see what it was, and it turned out to be my older brother, with his 100 Watt Bass Amp turned all the way up. Skipping the dialogue, because of sibling rivalry, I can't play my new Kit for a week (when he goes back to College), all because of Sibling Rivalry.
Any one else have any stories?

My brother and I fight over the internet constantly.
If it goes just a bit slow, we blame it on each other.

Sadly, that's the only social confrontation my brother and I ever get to do.

Lich wrote:

My brother and I fight over the internet constantly.
If it goes just a bit slow, we blame it on each other.

Sadly, that's the only social confrontation my brother and I ever get to do.

Same story with me. The only time me and my brother talk to each other is during fights or when I'm in a conversation and he feels like he needs to argue with my point.

I was playing Streets of Rage with my older brother once. We got all the way to the last stage where the last boss asks you if you want to become his right-hand man. If you both say no, then he fights you. If you both say yes, then he's like "lolnope," and he drops you back to the third to last stage.

If one of you say yes, and the other says no, then you have to fight against each other.

I beat him.

He was not happy.

Of course, if you agree to become his right-hand man in that scenario and you beat your partner, he asks you again. If you say yes, then he's like "I was just messin' with you," and he drops you back to the third to last stage. If you say no, then he calls you a traitor (well, duh…) and then he fights you. If you win, then you become the zombie final boss and you run the evil syndicate.

But yeah. It was odd to beat my brother at a video game, because I generally suck at them.

When I was 5 and my brother was 7, we had gotten into a fight over something. (We fight all the time, so it isn't surprising.) So he picked up a bottle of water, threw it at my face, and gave me a black eye. I don't remember this part, but apparently social workers came to my school and asked me if my parents were beating me. :/

Anyway, I fucking hate my brother. I'm so happy that he's going to college in a week and he'll be out of my life.

My brother has a myriad of problems, but the largest point of contention I'd say right now is the fact that he owns a drum set. We live in a tiny house in the middle of a moderately crowded suburb. We're both in college, meaning we have a lot to do.

He's not a bad drummer, but he's so FREAKING LOUD. And he gets offended when I tell him it's annoying; he takes it as a personal insult to his playing.

I grew up finding it highly unusual for siblings to get along. Me and my brother have essentially gotten in white-knuckle brawls our whole lives, and it only got worse when we both started wrestling. If anyone else is in this situation, I'd highly recommend buying a set of those Nerf swords; they make settling differences much less painful yet much more satisfying.

We actually get along really well, but we just enjoy beating the crap out of each other.

My younger sister (13 years old) and I (19 years old) were never sibling rivals. We've never really rivaled at anything. Seriously, I have no story to post here.

I don't know why its like that. Maybe because when I first heard I was going to have a sibling (gender unsure at the time), I actually wanted a little sister; I was only about 5 and a half at this time. I wonder what life would be like if I had a younger brother?

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!