Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,675 total conversations in 8,984 threads

+ New Thread

FAK I SLEPT IN

Last posted Aug 31, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT. Added Aug 28, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
38 posts from 15 users

That’s how you know you’re a main character, if you’re late on the first day.

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:50PM EDT

Kim Jong Is A Feminist wrote:

so why didn’t you set your ararm crock?

Obviously the alarm clock was tampered with by a secret organization that won’t be introduced for a few more seasons. It was done to start a chain reaction of events that will shape the main character into who he must become in order to save us all.

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Obviously the alarm clock was tampered with by a secret organization that won’t be introduced for a few more seasons. It was done to start a chain reaction of events that will shape the main character into who he must become in order to save us all.

This plot is suitable for new program. Require “that little extra something” to make success viable.

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:59PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Uh, I’ll be right back, I need to go check something.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT

Laika wrote:

This plot is suitable for new program. Require “that little extra something” to make success viable.

Right, and the main character is only the main character because his estranged dad was secretly incredibly powerful and his dead mom was even more powerful but she’s not really dead, just amnesiac, and the little trinket she left you can protect you from certain defeat as long as your theme music’s playing.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Right, and the main character is only the main character because his estranged dad was secretly incredibly powerful and his dead mom was even more powerful but she’s not really dead, just amnesiac, and the little trinket she left you can protect you from certain defeat as long as your theme music’s playing.

Double plus good!. I will now add my prime idea that makes all anime sell like oil. Massive boobs.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT

Laika wrote:

Double plus good!. I will now add my prime idea that makes all anime sell like oil. Massive boobs.

Naturally, the most attractive girl will have had a crush on the main character ever since he saved her from that bully/speeding car/rabid dog in that childhood flashback she’ll have in her character development episode. And she’ll turn out to be a white mage of some sort, but no matter how often she and the main character end up fighting stuff together, there’s never any relationship progress. Oh, and she’ll probably be kinda tsundere.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT

Pfft, who needs to be the main character, people prefer the rival…

And the list goes on…

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Naturally, the most attractive girl will have had a crush on the main character ever since he saved her from that bully/speeding car/rabid dog in that childhood flashback she’ll have in her character development episode. And she’ll turn out to be a white mage of some sort, but no matter how often she and the main character end up fighting stuff together, there’s never any relationship progress. Oh, and she’ll probably be kinda tsundere.

To increase sexual tension there should be multiple scenes where both lead characters are put into highly suggestive situations. Situations which massively hint at relationship compatability.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:34PM EDT

“Pfft, who needs to be the main character, people prefer the rival…”

Good to know.

Coolface was here, Jace is a loser.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT

Laika wrote:

To increase sexual tension there should be multiple scenes where both lead characters are put into highly suggestive situations. Situations which massively hint at relationship compatability.

And thus the r34 shall flow like wine

@Soldier: Insolence. The rival shows up on the SECOND day of class because he’s too edgy to show up for the first.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT

Dr. Coolface wrote:

“Pfft, who needs to be the main character, people prefer the rival…”

Good to know.

Coolface was here, Jace is a loser.

Wait, what the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:55PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

BUT they’ll never actually make any sort of audience viewed commitment to one another, and the creators will just tease you by having them talk about how much they “care” for one another, without them ever recognizing the supposed love interest as any sort of significant other.

Aug 28, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT

When do we get to the 4th wall breaking, self-referential humor!? (Anime leads always feel like they’re in an anime. No s***, Sherlock.)

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:04PM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

BUT they’ll never actually make any sort of audience viewed commitment to one another, and the creators will just tease you by having them talk about how much they “care” for one another, without them ever recognizing the supposed love interest as any sort of significant other.

Which will lead to shipping wars between those who think the female lead should end up with the hero or the rival.

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:07PM EDT

The rival’s gotta be openly smitten with the main character’s female counterpart, and a “win her hand” filler episode must ensue. Nothing will actually come from it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT

I hope Senpai will notice me.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 09:10PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

I hope Senpai will notice me.

Hey look it’s Mexican Android!

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT

Dane wrote:

Hey look it’s Mexican Android!

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:17PM EDT

Said “win her hand” filler episode will contain an epic showdown in the end, both recognizing that they are evenly matched and gain a new respect for each other, despite them forgetting why they were fighting in the first place. This will lead to a dramatic increase in main character/rival shipping as consequence, despite both of them having a clear hatred for each other.

O hai everyone.

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

Then once the main plot starts to roll in, the main character and his rival have to team up against some nefarious organization. The girl probably gets kidnapped. They get some help from a new cool dude. They fight some baddies, win, get some sweet action scenes to boost likability, and showdown with the boss. But it turns out that’s not the real boss, the cool dude was the secret boss the whole time. How dastardly. The rival gets his face beaten in, and so does the main character, but then his super main character power activates and he gains a new ability that lets him win. He saves the girl, and their relationship goes from platonic to…platonic still. Then filler. 17 weeks of filler.

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

And your childhood friend.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

I’d mention the MC’s two or three best buds, but their names are never even mentioned and they hardly appear after the first episode once the setting changes from school to outer space/Hell/feudal Japan/magical world/sci-fi future, etc.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:35PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Then once the main plot starts to roll in, the main character and his rival have to team up against some nefarious organization. The girl probably gets kidnapped. They get some help from a new cool dude. They fight some baddies, win, get some sweet action scenes to boost likability, and showdown with the boss. But it turns out that’s not the real boss, the cool dude was the secret boss the whole time. How dastardly. The rival gets his face beaten in, and so does the main character, but then his super main character power activates and he gains a new ability that lets him win. He saves the girl, and their relationship goes from platonic to…platonic still. Then filler. 17 weeks of filler.

EVERY FRIGGIN TIME.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

I’d mention the MC’s two or three best buds, but their names are never even mentioned and they hardly appear after the first episode once the setting changes from school to outer space/Hell/feudal Japan/magical world/sci-fi future, etc.

There is a small chance (like 5%) that those best buds will also find powers/be accidentally transported to main setting/secretly be part of setting, but their powers are a lot weaker than the MC’s and are quickly overshadowed by every other characters’.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:19AM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

There is a small chance (like 5%) that those best buds will also find powers/be accidentally transported to main setting/secretly be part of setting, but their powers are a lot weaker than the MC’s and are quickly overshadowed by every other characters’.

And I, the rival, am always the second strongest protagonist, after the MC.

Aug 30, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

I’m willing to argue with that, Mr.Jack. Clearly, As Rule 1# of the anime universe states:

Hair Principle #1

The main character will have some sort of spikey, overgrown or shaggy hair. This hair will be preferably cooler looking than anyone else’s (save the main villain). Basically the cooler (or bigger) the hair, the more important that person is to the plot.

It seems Luis lacks any type of gravity defying hair, so he isn’t the main important character.

Last edited Aug 30, 2012 at 07:54AM EDT
Aug 30, 2012 at 07:53AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

I’m willing to argue with that, Mr.Jack. Clearly, As Rule 1# of the anime universe states:

Hair Principle #1

The main character will have some sort of spikey, overgrown or shaggy hair. This hair will be preferably cooler looking than anyone else’s (save the main villain). Basically the cooler (or bigger) the hair, the more important that person is to the plot.

It seems Luis lacks any type of gravity defying hair, so he isn’t the main important character.

Yeah no, I saw that guy. His head was shaved. Shaved. That’s a style.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:08PM EDT

NO, you just can’t SEE my hair.
I’m wearing a hood.

Here’s a sketch of me done by a buddy.
Also, I know who the super cool guy is…

Aug 30, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

Dane wrote:

NO, you just can’t SEE my hair.
I’m wearing a hood.

Here’s a sketch of me done by a buddy.
Also, I know who the super cool guy is…

Shh, it can’t be glaringly obvious that I’m the main villain until I mysteriously defeat someone who seemed way more powerful than me off-screen and emerge unscathed.

Aug 31, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!