Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,189 total conversations in 9,015 threads

+ New Thread

Your reaction, when KYM isn't existing anymore

Last posted Sep 22, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT. Added Sep 01, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT
46 posts from 40 users

What would your reaction be? A Ragequit?
if it gets deleted, I would freak out, then cry and then refresh the best memories and moments I experienced in this website. I have met beautiful and humorous users here, that made me strong. I learned much from the internet thanks to this documenting website. This is the greatest website I have ever joined and would give 04828798346378639003886 hugs to you all… it’s exaggerating but worth it.

Last edited Sep 01, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT
Sep 01, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT

For one, I had to go to front page to see if I missed something. You kinda freaked me out.

For two, I would do this:

Last edited Sep 01, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
Sep 01, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

I would be like: “Bye guys, thanks for all the good times.”

And then I’d cry.

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

That pretty much sums up the first reaction. The its sadness.

Last edited Sep 01, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT
Sep 01, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

My grades and productivity would react positively. I’ve actually made friends with many people on the site, and we talk about matters outside of KYM, so I think the effect on browsing the forum might have less of an impact than it would have before I became close to those friends.

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT

I’d think of the good times I’ve had here and how fun you guys are. Then I’d sit in a corner and die.

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

In all seriousness. I’ll probably move on to a new site. Before was the WoW forums, before that it was a Jurassic Park modding site, before that Gaia. The irc will still be fine and I can still talk to the people I added to skype that are from KYM. Plus, I have tumblr. So, it’ll just be one less site to check each day.

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

I have most of you guys on Steam but still, it would rather sad not seeing the anymore.

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

>The IRC would still be there
>Tumblr full time

This. Finally, an incentive to download Icechat.

Also, this is my main site in terms of going on the internet (seriously, it’s Google, then here) and I’ve enjoy my time here very much, so

That.

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:35PM EDT

Something around the lines of this:

But all silliness aside, I have all the alternate contact methods to all the users I like, so I wouldn’t exactly panic too much.

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT

I’ve not been on this site for a long time, and I don’t post in the forums a whole lot. I also don’t join the IRC ever, really, but I’ve still come to like a lot of you. I’d be sad if Cheezburger suddenly pulled KYM. Would we still have episodes, though?

My reaction if KYM closed down:

Sep 02, 2012 at 09:23AM EDT

Get it? because the post wouldn’t be there because there would be no KYM to post it on. Man, I’m so funny.

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

Try to contact the other KYMers, get them into a chatroom of some kind, and discuss places to relocate. I will miss this site, but as long as I can still see all my old KYM friends i’ll be fine. KYM R.I.P. threads will become a common thing to wherever we relocate. I hope I can pull this off, if or when the time comes. I hope for your cooperation.

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT
Sep 02, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

Try to contact the other KYMers, get them into a chatroom of some kind, and discuss places to relocate. I will miss this site, but as long as I can still see all my old KYM friends i’ll be fine. KYM R.I.P. threads will become a common thing to wherever we relocate. I hope I can pull this off, if or when the time comes. I hope for your cooperation.

get them into a chatroom of some kind

We have an IRC channel.

Sep 02, 2012 at 05:40PM EDT

Ive only been here a couple of days and still…

The KYM community is one of the best ive been part of, and thats the truth.

Sep 02, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT

Actually in all honesty I may commit suicide. Please no ANN HIRO puns okay? I am also very clingy too my life so I may just end up crying…. A LOT

Sep 05, 2012 at 03:50PM EDT

I have a lot of you guys on steam so it won’t be a total lost. I would be more bored and not as entertained though. This site is a great site for me to go to, when I want to see people document memes professionally and for science. As far as I know KYM is the only site that does that, plus this community is great to me. I think KYM is the only place that I actually tried to make my own friends and social life. In reality I just don’t socialize with people in reality for some reason.
I will miss KYM, but I will never forget KYM.
Once a KYMite, always a KYMite.

Here’s some music for the mood of the thread:

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 05:34PM EDT
Sep 05, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Actually in all honesty I may commit suicide. Please no ANN HIRO puns okay? I am also very clingy too my life so I may just end up crying…. A LOT

Not gonna happen, cause you’re god.

Sep 05, 2012 at 05:55PM EDT

It would be sad day.

Sep 22, 2012 at 03:41AM EDT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 22, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

Not gonna happen, cause you’re god.

Quantum you are now added to the list of people who now call me God:
-Quantum
-Katia
-Cirno
-Natsuru

Welcome to DaiOhism

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT

This is one of the forums where there are pretty much active people, not too many douches, the most hilarious forum ever, if KYM dies, i will be wandering on the internet like a hobo, a sad hobo

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Jesus Christ you people are pathetic. It’s just a website.

Here’s my more accurate reaction:

Last edited Sep 22, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT
Sep 22, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Jesus Christ you people are pathetic. It’s just a website.

Here’s my more accurate reaction:

There’s something to be said about the community behind a website, however. People make KYM unique from others just like people on other sites make those places unique.

There are plenty of other websites out there to choose from. I mean, if there was nothing else to KYM and it was just a website, then how come you’ve stayed for so long? Why have I stayed for so long? Why don’t we just move to other websites?

For better or worse, I think the people here make the experience. And the people KYM tends to attract are not the same sort of people that frequent other sites.

Sep 22, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT

MFW I hear KYM will close

MFW there is one last goodbye thread where all the members share all the good times they had together

MFW KYM is minutes from closing

MFW weeks later and I would still miss you guys

Sep 22, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!