Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

307,160 total conversations in 8,879 threads

+ New Thread

Kill Your Meme

Last posted Sep 13, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT. Added Sep 09, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
38 posts from 27 users

Which memes do you wish you could kill?

Sep 09, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT

The Advice Dog spinoffs, All of them, none spared.

Last edited Sep 09, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
Sep 09, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT

I would strongly suggest that we leave subcultures out of this. Like…strongly.

I’d probably say 2 girls, 1 cup and other shock related memes. I don’t mind if that’s your sort of thing, but I hate the fact that people want to go and show other people that just to see their reaction. And enough people have done that so that it became a meme.

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT

Damn it. I was right about to say Shock Sites. I’d hate to run into Goatse or Meatspin or something like that.

Oh, well, I’ll give that one to Verbose and think of another one.

Rage Comics. They are getting consistently worse IMO, and becoming so overused that, like all overused memes, they become tired and more annoying to bump into than funny

Edit: Ninja’d. This thread just can’t get any worse for me.

Last edited Sep 09, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT
Sep 09, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

Dolan.

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT

Thanks, Verbose, for cutting off what I was gonna say. /sarcasm

But personally, I don’t think I could single one out.

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT

All 9gag jokes

My reaction to 9gag jokes:

Sep 09, 2012 at 11:50PM EDT

I would’ve said the meme “No, this is Patrick” a week ago (for obvious reasons), but then this happened.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT

SPURDO SPARDE :DDDDDD

Sep 10, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT

Patrick wrote:

I would’ve said the meme “No, this is Patrick” a week ago (for obvious reasons), but then this happened.

That was hilarious.

I have no memes that I particularly want to die, except maybe Dolan.

Sep 10, 2012 at 03:00AM EDT

I won’t say arrow to the knee, because in the span of about three weeks or so that meme demonstrated itself, on itself.

I guess I’d have to kill Advice Animals. I’d miss them the least.

Sep 10, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT

Arrow to the knee. Its not funny and everytime i see someone use it i wanna punch them so hard they all their blood flies out.

Sep 10, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

Rustled Jimmies.
People start been using it without even knowing what it means and shit themselves whenever they see a Gorilla Munch at a grocery.

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:52AM EDT

Laser Pacer wrote:

Rustled Jimmies.
People start been using it without even knowing what it means and shit themselves whenever they see a Gorilla Munch at a grocery.

It’s actually kinda funny (funnier than most modern era memes), but I can see a point in the annoyance of it being way too popular. Also I bet lots of the guys who don’t know about it don’t even know about Gorilla Munch and they assume that the ape’s name is Jimmy.

Now then, I would get rid of Arrow to the Knee, but it’s pretty much already dead, so as an alternative I’m either going with YOLO or any of the stupid three or four word phrases that end in “bro.”

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT

Aside from Planking (And maybe Skywalking, but I don’t consider that a fad), I’ve hated every single photo fad. The majority of the responses are completely uninspired and boring, not to mention every single one is stupider than the last.

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

My Little Pony.

Verbose said “no subcultures”, but if not for that, I would have said this.

Sep 11, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT

My Little Pony.

D…Did I forget to…Did I not just sugg…

(Le looks at Verbose’s previous post to check)

>mfw

Last edited Sep 11, 2012 at 08:21PM EDT
Sep 11, 2012 at 08:19PM EDT

Dammit Katia.

Sep 11, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Verbose said “no subcultures”, but if not for that, I would have said this.

>mfw nair enforces no subcultures over bronies

As for memes I’d kill, I’ve got to agree with shock sites. That’s just wrong. Seriously.

Last edited Sep 11, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Sep 11, 2012 at 08:25PM EDT

I remember the good old days when Nair was openly vowing to kill all bronies, I remember the laugh’s and the butthurt we shared as a community. But hey, it is nice to see his improvement and increased maturity to a certain extent at least. As for my choice I would choose to kill “Facebook Memes” because most of them are very unfunny and tend to wind up in the submission section here on KYMas a feeble attempt at internet fame.

Sep 11, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT

Trolling.
Just another thing that people threw into the dust when it was in its glory days.
sigh
Either that or LOLcats.
I’d choose LOLcats.

Sep 11, 2012 at 09:30PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

I remember the good old days when Nair was openly vowing to kill all bronies, I remember the laugh’s and the butthurt we shared as a community. But hey, it is nice to see his improvement and increased maturity to a certain extent at least. As for my choice I would choose to kill “Facebook Memes” because most of them are very unfunny and tend to wind up in the submission section here on KYMas a feeble attempt at internet fame.

Just for the record, I’m still a raging hater. I’m still shameless, I’m still fearless, and I still don’t care.

Sep 11, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Just for the record, I’m still a raging hater. I’m still shameless, I’m still fearless, and I still don’t care.

I never said you stopped being a hater.

Last edited Sep 11, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT
Sep 11, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT

My Little Pony.

I’d only get rid of the small minority of them that treat it like it’s a freaking religion. Luckily most of them don’t, and I’m fine with them.

Ponification of everything gets pretty damn annoying, though…

Sep 12, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

Oh. Well, BalisticDerr already said ponification, and I agree with him. I’m a brony myself, but there are some bronies out there that are facepalm-worthy-tier dumb. This category, more often than not, includes the people who spend a predominant amount of their time on the Internet doing MLP-related things. No, I’m not saying that it’s bad to do that, but I’ve seen enough to attribute this with the more ignorant and simple bronies I’ve interacted with. These people are often also commonly the perpetrators when it comes to over-ponification. A little is fine, but there are times where, suffice it to say, I could do without seeing Rainbow Dash’s face in unrelated galleries.

Below: MLP Obsessed User Perspective

I also agree on cutting down on the Advice Animal offshoots. Some of them make me chuckle, but most of them just sort of annoy me.

Edit: No, I don’t think I used a subculture in this post, as I referred specifically to ponification, not to MLP itself.

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Sep 12, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT

Scumbag Hat and it’s spinoffs.
It is not funny, nor it was ever funny.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Oh. Well, BalisticDerr already said ponification, and I agree with him. I’m a brony myself, but there are some bronies out there that are facepalm-worthy-tier dumb. This category, more often than not, includes the people who spend a predominant amount of their time on the Internet doing MLP-related things. No, I’m not saying that it’s bad to do that, but I’ve seen enough to attribute this with the more ignorant and simple bronies I’ve interacted with. These people are often also commonly the perpetrators when it comes to over-ponification. A little is fine, but there are times where, suffice it to say, I could do without seeing Rainbow Dash’s face in unrelated galleries.

Below: MLP Obsessed User Perspective

I also agree on cutting down on the Advice Animal offshoots. Some of them make me chuckle, but most of them just sort of annoy me.

Edit: No, I don’t think I used a subculture in this post, as I referred specifically to ponification, not to MLP itself.

Yes, I agree with everything you have said.
Ponification gets very annoying after a while, especially when it’s not posted on an MLP related website. All ponification should be cut down and only restricted to MLP-related websites unless allowed on other websites for reasons.
And bronies that treat MLP like it’s a religion?
I hate that. I’m an oldfag on the fandom but I don’t treat it as a religion. Most of those people that treat MLP like it’s a religion are either newfags or trolls who want to piss everyone in the fandom off.

Also.
Kill off all the Rage Comics.
Some used to be good, but all the new ones degrade the whole meaning to the meme itself.

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!