Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,623 total conversations in 8,979 threads

+ New Thread

What are your dreams?

Last posted Sep 15, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT. Added Sep 12, 2012 at 10:32AM EDT
41 posts from 33 users

Since my last thread was such a downer, I thought I’d get at least a little more positive.

So tell me, KYM, what are your dreams? What is it you would want to do?

I’ll go first: I want to be able to help people who struggle. I want to provide for people I don’t even know, and encourage them to do the same for others and for themselves. I want to ease the suffering of those around me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:32AM EDT

*Not affiliated with Dream General.

I do wish to be a scientist, perhaps cosmologist. (But not chemist, sorry, opspe. :P)

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT

Everywhere i go, every time someone stares me, every time i try to talk to someone, i feel like they are silently judging every step i make
I am an inner person I have no social life in almost any way because when i try to approach at people, i feel like they are going to ignore me or make fun of me
When i try to speak i hide alot of details, i don’t spill alot of who i am or what i do because i have a feel that they will hate me of what i do or what i am

My dream is to say that i like my little pony:friendship (and adventure time) is magic at my school!
Why is it to difficult? Because how i see schoolmates

And my dream will probably never be accomplished because there will always be bastards like these…. :I

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 11:03AM EDT
Sep 12, 2012 at 11:02AM EDT

You’re in high school/middle school, aren’t you, Vordred? I’m in college, and it’s not even a big deal. People are more likely to complement my Vinyl Scratch shirt (which I am wearing today, actually) than make fun of it. So yeah, it gets a lot better.

As for my dreams, I’d like to own my own restaurant someday.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:08AM EDT

I like to finally get over my depression, get a GED, go to college, find someone I can love, start a family, live till I’m a hundred then end my life having a fatal heart attack while sky diving where I void my bowels on the sky diver attached to me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:49AM EDT

I wanna create a fighting game that would be remembered by the FGC (Fighting Game Community)
for the next 25 years as one of the most in depth mechanics, and knowledge of fighting games. I also want it to be extremely balanced the first time through.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:54AM EDT

My dreams is that this world would burn in a fiery inferno. Watch as all people from all countries ignite in flames and wither. There greedy, hatred, and ignores will be re-payed with blazes of scorching lights.

loljk.

I’ll hopefully get good in my drawings and become a animator.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT

I think I’d want to work in radio again. I did it in high school, it was a ton of fun, and I still want to do it somehow. Whether it is recording commercials, DJing, having a talk show, recording other spots, orchestrating an on-air show, or something to that effect. I just really like radio.

My overall aim is to help people. But that’s very broad and ranges from being entertaining, being supportive, or actually providing a wanted good or a service.

Sep 12, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT

My ultimate dream is to become a director.

My current dream is to be an animator which I have worked for several years to become. I have worked on 1 video game and 5 movies in my short career and I plan on doing it until the day I die.

Here’s an animation that I just finished up with the intention of showing potential employers.

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT
Sep 12, 2012 at 02:09PM EDT

Yanmerfret wrote:

To be the very best

Like no one ever was.

(Also a almost impossible dream of becoming the worlds only and best super hero or super villain either way ill destroy something)

Sep 12, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT

The Frosty Lich wrote:

I like to finally get over my depression, get a GED, go to college, find someone I can love, start a family, live till I’m a hundred then end my life having a fatal heart attack while sky diving where I void my bowels on the sky diver attached to me.

Can’t you love me, Gessy~? :3

Luv ya…

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 02:17PM EDT
Sep 12, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT

Imma go to space.

Sep 12, 2012 at 02:19PM EDT

My dream?

To become the world’s ultimate off road racer.

And by that, I don’t simply mean “ultimate rally racer and motocross rider”, I mean to compete in air races and powerboats too.

Sep 12, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT

Weeks ago i had a dream were i got raped by wolves. It wasn’t pleasant and i fell of a cliff and died.

Sep 12, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

Weeks ago i had a dream were i got raped by wolves. It wasn’t pleasant and i fell of a cliff and died.

Not those dreams.
The things you aspire to be kind of dreams.

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT

GIANTDAD wrote:

wrong kind of dream.

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT

My dream is to somehow combine my two dreams: Being an animator and being a game programmer.

I love both so much I can’t choose which to pursue.

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT

@Ann Hiro and quantum
Oh right. Well i’ve personally always wanted to be an artist/actor. I enjoy singing and dancing but I’m not very good at it even though i do it daily. Drawing has always been a natural talent of mine and one day soon i hope to become a professional at it rather than be a amateur.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

Oh my god all you people are so sure about your futures and I honestly have no idea

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

Wotato wrote:

Oh my god all you people are so sure about your futures and I honestly have no idea

If are unfortunate enough to know about your future you will lose control of your life and start whirlwinding deeper into chocolate pudding…

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT

I’d want to go back to high school and spend my time just playing games on the desktop in my basement on all-night marathons, like I used to. I had a lot of fun doing that.

I’m a freshman at a university (in Massachusetts. It’s a change from living in Georgia), and I’m doing pretty well at adjusting. But I still miss those days, and if I could return to them, I would.

(Mind you, I don’t miss the mornings after, but a little coffee would usually do the trick.)

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

Being a movie screenwriter (main job!), actor (second job!), director (third job!), and director (third job!).

And so far, all my screenplays are sh*t.

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT

Create a trope. A big one. A whole new idea, genre, etc. never before done. I like writing (Though I’d never go into it as a career because ooga booga where the money at? (Not that money is super important though it does taste good. (Triple parenthesis, wow.))) I’m pretty good at doing creative things to pre-existing tropes, but I want to make one. Career wise, no clue, maybe make movies. It’s like writing, only you get to eat.
Also, I once had a dream when I was four where a huuuuuuuuge Slot Machine with a pickaxe tried to kill me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:00PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I have no idea what the fuck I’m doing with my life ;A;

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT

I just want to find someone I can love and be loved by, and then I’d find somewhere we could live together far away from where I live now. As for education and profession, I have no idea what I want to do, and I get really worried about that all the time.

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT

Something involving computer programming. I have little to no skill in the area at the moment, but I’m taking an Intro to Computer Programming class this year.

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

I want to Join forces with My best friends when my small group leader josh gets back from the air force and film school, go through film school, make movies with him (Olan Rogers style)

Also, perfect my mandolin playing and GO ON A MOTHERFUCKING TOUR OF THE WORLD DJ-ING DUBSTEP RAVES WITH MY IRL BEST FRIEND TRASH BOAT IS THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.

FUCK YEAH.

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT

Indie game developer. I have some games in the works, but school is kind of getting the way, as well as my lack of ability to design good levels. I’m going to be going to college at Chico State for game design, so I’ll be learning more skills that will help me achieve my dream.

Sep 13, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT

I’ll throw this in there for the guys and (guyettes) who don’t know what their dreams are. There are a ton of things to do in the world, and most of us are pretty young and inexperienced (I’m in my mid-twenties, and I’m still pretty young.)

No one really knows what they want to do with their lives yet. Most of us will probably try to get close to that dream, and those who can will be lucky to have done so.

I’m just trying to set myself up so that I can wander around aimlessly with a cross-shaped scar on my cheek, that I will until I find something that 1. lets me do what I really want for a career or 2. gives me the resources (i.e. enough time and money) to do it in my free time.

Simply, don’t feel bad if you don’t know what you want to do right now. Just find a way to make a non-soul crushing living for now, keep your eyes open for something, and go get it when you see it.

Sep 13, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT

I’m going to get a degree in software engineering, then get a pretty well-paying job and live a upper-middle class life with a wife and two kids. Not even being sarcastic, that’s all I’m aiming for out of life. Aim high, get disappointed. Aim low, get nothing. Aim for the middle, enjoy delicious satisfaction.

Sep 13, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT

I want to run a frozen confection truck.

But no ordinary truck.

I want to serve.

Frozen Banana Treats

Sep 13, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT

I want to move to Canada and never come back to America ever again until everyone in the bible belt starts being more tolerant. Also Texas is hotter than most parts of America. And I’m getting sick of the heat.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:17PM EDT

Oh this may be wotrth to tell.
Last night I hade a dream where I was a villain and I had a castle, mountend on a flying galleon, whose figurehead (and rostrum) was an anthro Nightmare Moon, which was also a mecha that could disconnect from the galloen, and it was as big as Daitarn 3, the one in the very behind of this groupshot:

Now you can guess the size of the flying galleon.

P.S. I was forgetting to mention the BGM of the dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNAmyydSGX0

P.P.s. Oh! Wait! You didn’t mean “dreams” in the literal sense of the therm! Now I feel enough stupid.

Last edited Sep 14, 2012 at 04:30PM EDT
Sep 14, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT

My biggest dream is to learn fire, lightning and psychic powers, then save the world from a thousand year old demon. But, since that is not going to happen, I want to be an animator and videogame designer.

Sep 15, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!