Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

You jealous, Americans?

Last posted Oct 02, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT. Added Sep 12, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT
100 posts from 56 users

So I saw a Kinder Surprise at the shop,

and I thought to myself, at least these aren't illegal in my country!

And so, I bought it, and opened it, ooooh it looks so tasty!

And it comes with, a toy! meh…. at least I got to taste one of the most delicious things made by man!

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT

>2012
>Not being able to taste the glorious Kinder Suprise master tier.

I really need to buy some of these again.

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 03:32PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

>Kinder Surprise

So is that, like, pedophilia or something?

It's just your average chocolate candy for kids. But because of some lame laws in the US, it is illegal to sell it over there. The containers that contain the toy inside though are too huge to fit in a child's mouth and extremely hard to open (you basically need to ask your parent for help as a five year old). The argument is made that there should be a consistent standard in place, as several worse dangers are not regulated.

Long story short, the reason the Kinder Suprise is banned in US is filled with shit. You guys don't know what master tier candy you are missing out on.

RandomMan wrote:

It's just your average chocolate candy for kids. But because of some lame laws in the US, it is illegal to sell it over there. The containers that contain the toy inside though are too huge to fit in a child's mouth and extremely hard to open (you basically need to ask your parent for help as a five year old). The argument is made that there should be a consistent standard in place, as several worse dangers are not regulated.

Long story short, the reason the Kinder Suprise is banned in US is filled with shit. You guys don't know what master tier candy you are missing out on.

I'll take my Hershey's chocolate pretzels over an egg with a toy in it.

Cale wrote:

European chocolate tastes like shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to Belgium, say that again when you get back.

You know, I've eaten a Hershey's chocolate bar and I must say, it was pretty bad. (Otherwise, chocolate there is fine. :P)

Quantum Meme wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go to Belgium, say that again when you get back.

You know, I've eaten a Hershey's chocolate bar and I must say, it was pretty bad. (Otherwise, chocolate there is fine. :P)

It was Belgian, I got an imported bar for Dirty Santa at Christmas time four years ago.

Second worst chocolate I've ever had.

Cale wrote:

It was Belgian, I got an imported bar for Dirty Santa at Christmas time four years ago.

Second worst chocolate I've ever had.

Well, we can all agree that nobody likes Moxie.

… Wait, sorry, wrong argument.

Well, we can all agree that nobody likes Baker's Chocolate.

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

>mfw Americans literally have shit taste

>mfw Europeans don't know what "Literally" means
>mfw Germany makes the dingle-berry that is a Kinder Surprise

This is why I like this community.

In a thread just begging for a flame war, there isn't one.

Although, there is still butthurt regarding chocolate.

Welp, I'm going to bed now. Surely it must be too late for us Europeans to discuss this any further, right? right?

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 06:21PM EDT

Careful there, broncos. Please keep this thread related to the set topic from the original post. (Sorry if I sound like a stuck-up snob when I say that, but I want to keep things relevant.)

No, I've never had Kinder Surprise. I'm lucky enough to have been to Europe but a few months ago, but I didn't consider buying one. However, I'll be going up to Canada this Thanksgiving, and assuming I can find a place that sells these, I think I'll try one out.

Imported candy is always delicious.

But getting something banned on the basis that it is too hard for a child to open is rather… stupid. I guess this is why Europeans don't have an obesity problem. xD

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

But getting something banned on the basis that it is too hard for a child to open is rather… stupid. I guess this is why Europeans don't have an obesity problem. xD

It's not the hard to open part, it's the relatively easily swallowed and choked on plastic capsule inside chocolate. The FDA regulations say it's banned because it has a non-nutritive object fully embedded inside of a confectionery product (see the 1938 Food and Drug Act), which could cause choking.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Yeah, Twilitlord already said it. It's the toy inside the container that contains the danger of kids swallowing it. Those containers being extremely hard to open for a kid and most likely needing a parent to do so was an argument I brought up on why the reason for banning Kinder Suprise is retarded, as very small kids simply can't reach the toy inside by themselves.

@Wotato's Smarties

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Careful there, broncos. Please keep this thread related to the set topic from the original post. (Sorry if I sound like a stuck-up snob when I say that, but I want to keep things relevant.)

No, I've never had Kinder Surprise. I'm lucky enough to have been to Europe but a few months ago, but I didn't consider buying one. However, I'll be going up to Canada this Thanksgiving, and assuming I can find a place that sells these, I think I'll try one out.

If you can't find a place that sells them, you're in the wrong Canada. And Canadian Thanksgiving is in October.

Fun Police wrote:

There really was no topic to begin with, so I see nothing wrong with chocolate discussion.

WonderBall > Kinder Surprise
I feel bad for all the Europoors that don't know about this goodness.

Us Americans (at least I think, I've only ever seen this sold at a Trader Joe's an hour from where I live) have cookie butter

It's the consistency of Peanut Butter, but tastes like Gingerbread Biscuits.

Essentially, as good as Nutella.

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

Us Americans (at least I think, I've only ever seen this sold at a Trader Joe's an hour from where I live) have cookie butter

It's the consistency of Peanut Butter, but tastes like Gingerbread Biscuits.

Essentially, as good as Nutella.

We have that.

I even have to go deeper on that, as "Speculoos" is actually Speculaas, a shortcrust biscuit originating from the Netherlands and Belgium. Nowadays you can basically buy it in every store over here.

The paste version you're mentioning here wasn't introduced until 2007. You can also buy that pretty much everywhere here nowadays.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!