Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

307,183 total conversations in 9,151 threads

+ New Thread

My original internet story: Rise of SOPA

Last posted Oct 09, 2012 at 08:49AM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

This is a story I am entering into an online gaia contest, my writing isn’t the best so the story can be a tad pathetic at times, I am willing to take an suggestions on characters, ideas, improvements, and criticism. Full story should be done by late November. If only I had a scanner, A comic would be so much easier to do then a story. _

The rise of sopa

If you are reading this right now, chances are that you are on a computer right now, and there is an even greater chance that you’re on the internet. Now let’s just stop for a moment and think. What do we see when were online? Obviously you see a webpage, with many different strings of text, and many different pictures.

Every second over a million different forms of media are created, rather it’d be an image, a story, a video, or even a game.

But what If there was more than that? What if there was another world beyond what we see, one with everything we have ever created and submitted online lives in, one where we are the gods, the ones who create life, buildings, and the ones who destroy it?

This is the world we call the internet, a wonderful world full of the stuff we create become real. This world which is hidden under the webpage we view.

There are two parts of this world, the world of light, the world which most of us know, the leaders of this part are the ones we have came to call memes. They keep the world in order and defend their part of the world from the darknet.

The darknet is run by the organization we know as anonymous, this part of the internet is full of the many things we consider disturbing and illegal. Many creatures dwell in this world and try to corrupt the light of the internet.

The world has always been at peace, with little disputes here and there, the internet was considered a utopia. That was until the dreaded day the SOPA armada attacked.

Chapter 1 almost done, expect it tomorrow.

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
Oct 08, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT

“…until the dreaded day the SOPA armada attacked.”
Is that a reference to that TLA meme?
It sounds like it to me.

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

“…until the dreaded day the SOPA armada attacked.”
Is that a reference to that TLA meme?
It sounds like it to me.

Wasnt really directed, but it can be whatever floats ya boat

Oct 09, 2012 at 08:49AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!