Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

311,782 total conversations in 9,553 threads

+ New Thread


Christmas-fy Dem Avatars

Last posted Dec 04, 2012 at 07:32PM EST. Added Nov 05, 2012 at 04:53PM EST
61 posts from 45 users

Now that 2Spooky4me Day has passed, it’s time for a new reason to screw with our avatars. Time to bust out the Santa hats and mistletoe, and rev up that MSpaint.

“But Jack,” you’ll surely say, “it’s only November! Surely it’s too early to do this!”

And you’ll be horribly wrong, you terrible person. How dare you. Go sit in the corner. It makes much more sense to have the festive avatars ready beforehand. Then you can switch to it at 12:00 AM exactly on December 1, like any other normal person with their normal priorities will be doing.

So have at it, post your winter avatars and hang your Karma stockings. And if you’re terribad at drawing you can always post a pic you want Christmas’d and see if someone accepts the challenge.

Before:

After:

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

Can’t we get past Thanksgiving first? I haven’t even taken down my Halloween decorations yet.

My thoughts exactly.

Here in Canada, Thanksgiving was a while ago. I think we shouldn’t celebrate “American Thanksgiving” here, because Know Your Meme is an international community. We don’t Celebrate Independence Day, Canada Day, and other such holidays here, because they are not for everyone. Halloween is on the same day worldwide, and so is Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, St. Patric’s Day, etc., which is why we celebrate them here as a community.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 05:33PM EST

Penz0id wrote:

Here in Canada, Thanksgiving was a while ago. I think we shouldn’t celebrate “American Thanksgiving” here, because Know Your Meme is an international community. We don’t Celebrate Independence Day, Canada Day, and other such holidays here, because they are not for everyone. Halloween is on the same day worldwide, and so is Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, St. Patric’s Day, etc., which is why we celebrate them here as a community.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

(Cough *Patrick cough)

They’re not saying that we should celebrate it, rather that we should wait until after American Thanksgiving to celebrate Christmas.

While I love Christmas, I (like a great many Americans) consider preparations for Christmas before Thanksgiving to be “Early Christmas” which get sickening. It’s a whole lot easier to get tired of Christmas if we’re prepping for it a full 49 days in advance, after all.

(On a related note, Christmas is 49 days away.)

Penz0id wrote:

Here in Canada, Thanksgiving was a while ago. I think we shouldn’t celebrate “American Thanksgiving” here, because Know Your Meme is an international community. We don’t Celebrate Independence Day, Canada Day, and other such holidays here, because they are not for everyone. Halloween is on the same day worldwide, and so is Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, St. Patric’s Day, etc., which is why we celebrate them here as a community.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

We’re not celebrating Thanksgiving by doing this; we’re just using it as a time to set up Christmas avatars. Also, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and St. Patrick’s Day are primarily western celebrations. Besides, how much effort would it really take to change your icon, if we were celebrating those days?

madcat wrote:

We’re not celebrating Thanksgiving by doing this; we’re just using it as a time to set up Christmas avatars. Also, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and St. Patrick’s Day are primarily western celebrations. Besides, how much effort would it really take to change your icon, if we were celebrating those days?

Well in that case

Happy No-Fucksgiving


I don’t have time for Christmas and all that bullshit. I got me money to count. Just remember to tell me when tiny Tim dies so I can cut your pay.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 08:05PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

@ People complaining about Christmas threads for no particular reason other than to have something to complain about

Suit yourself, Scrooges

No, I absolutely love Christmas. I don’t love people reminding me about Christmas two months before it actually happens.

Cite wrote:

No, I absolutely love Christmas. I don’t love people reminding me about Christmas two months before it actually happens.

>No, I absolutely love Christmas.
>I absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love
>love

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 11:00PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

>No, I absolutely love Christmas.
>I absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love
>love

I quit.

(i’m kidding)

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 11:11PM EST

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:



I can’t manipulate pictures effectively, but if someone would Christmas up this picture, I’d be grateful.

…please?

RandomMan wrote:

>No, I absolutely love Christmas.
>I absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love Christmas.
>absolutely love
>love

oh good lord. he actually LIKES something.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:



I can’t manipulate pictures effectively, but if someone would Christmas up this picture, I’d be grateful.

…please?

Here you go. No need to thank me.
 

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!