Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Cancelled things?

Last posted Nov 17, 2012 at 11:14AM EST. Added Nov 09, 2012 at 11:10PM EST
31 posts from 27 users

Post things which you liked or had hopes for but got cancelled, wallows in development hell, or simply ended disappointingly.

First off, I'd like to mention Oumagadoki Doubutsuen,. It's crazy nonsensical manga about a klutz schoolgirl who wanted to change by working hard at an unvisited zoo whose director was cursed with being anthropomorphic rabbit, and the only way for him to change back was to make a really popular zoo. And it just ended at 37 chapters. It made me feel empty when a comic I had been so engrossed in reading just got cancelled early because it was underrated. Sadly, Weekly Jump didn't give it another chance. Sure, its plot wasn't the best ever constructed, and the readers basically suffocated from its fumes of random fight scenes and flat-out oddness but damn, it was hella fun to read.

And then there's Morenatsu. Something I had hopes for which wasn't cancelled, but simply unfinished. It was great as it was, but being made by independent game devs, it wasn't really easy to keep the project going. It just stopped, going nowhere. I don't know if the other 6 routes are going to be released soon, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

@OP
Morenatsu is still being worked on, and all of the routes will be released eventually. Still, there's no telling how long it would take. And yeah, I don't really have anything to say on the subject.

The incredibles 2 comes to mind. The incredibles is my favorite superhero movie of all time. I mean, the dark night was great and the avengers is what every summer blockbuster should be, but no movie has left me wanting a sequel more. Ive seen it countless times, but it still blows me away.
They had plans in 2004 to make a sequel at Disney since they owned the rights to Pixar sequels( they also planned to make a finding nemo sequal), but once the bought Pixar for 7 billion dollars, they scraped the idea. The good thing is that they planned to do it without Pixar or brad bird, so it probably wouldn't have lived up to expectations. I wish brad bird would just go back to animation considering how good ratatouille, the incredibles, and the iron giant were. At least he has talked about making an incredibles 2, so there is hope.

I am AHO Right? wrote:

The ending to Teen Titans. These feels will never stop feeling. Never.

It was so cancelled that it's unfinished, they were in the middle of a season and its story. It was pretty sad.

Hey Arnold! was supposed to get one more movie that would have been the Grand Finale, and would have wrapped up much anticipated storylines like Arnold's parents and Helga's feelings towards Arnold, but Craig Bartlett did something to tick Nick off or something (honestly can't remember what it was), creating one of the most infamous cliffhangers in TV history.

Also, I think there was a spinoff focusing on Helga planned but canned because it was too similar to Daria or something…

Oh yeah, there's also the English dub for the Animal Crossing movie. It only succeeded in dubbing up to a certain point in the movie, and then they just stopped dubbing it. Such a waste for such a good dub.

Also, dont judge me, but:

Sure it ended with OTP, but I never really got to know what the hell happened. Total cliffhanger that disappointed its audiences.

Last edited Nov 10, 2012 at 09:25PM EST

This one isn't exactly cancelled, it was just so short. I really wish that they could have continued Madoka Magica. It's still probably one of my favorite anime's that I've seen by far.

1. Megaman Legends 3 is cancelled.

2. Megaman universe is cancelled too.

3. No Megaman DLC on Marvel vs Capcom, they just added Zero instead!

4. Tekken x Street Fighter Megaman DLC IS LOOKS BULLSHIT!

WHAT THE FUCK CAPCOM!?!
Also, wth happen to old Dante?

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 10:48AM EST

Ryuki Satzuki I'mJustADamnCentaur wrote:

1. Megaman Legends 3 is cancelled.

2. Megaman universe is cancelled too.

3. No Megaman DLC on Marvel vs Capcom, they just added Zero instead!

4. Tekken x Street Fighter Megaman DLC IS LOOKS BULLSHIT!

WHAT THE FUCK CAPCOM!?!
Also, wth happen to old Dante?

While Capcom is being money-grubbing misfits that are really screwed up these days, I did find the Street Fighter X Tekken Megaman funny. I mean, really, everyone was asking for Megaman in MVC3 (DAMMIT, they RE-released a new version in the same year? THAT got me pissed!) and then they put him in a somewhat unrelated game, all fat and ugly to resemble the first box art cover.

"Its him, guys! Really! This is what you wanted, right? It's free, too! …If you have the PS3 version."
[Shame you can't even play as Cole in the story mode. :( ]

On disc-DLC…. and that new Dante… It was supposed to make story sense, but its complete bullcrap. And they give it to Ninja Theory, an American Company who made ONE game that I know of(but never played)that got bad reviews and didn't sell well? Whaaaat?

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 11:11AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!