Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Childhood video games discussion

Last posted Nov 24, 2012 at 04:13PM EST. Added Nov 12, 2012 at 02:48PM EST
42 posts from 37 users

Well, sorry for going a tad hipster here but…. my favourite game that I played during childhood was a game called Herdy Gerdy, but you've probably never heard of it before. When I say you've probably never heard it before, I'm not trying to gain hipster points, it was a commercial failure, which is pretty disappointing, it deserved much more.

Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy II & III (IV & VI) also Mystic Quest, Donkey Kong Country, Megaman X, The Lost Vikings, Sonic 1 & 2, also A Link to the Past but I cannot for the life of me remember ANYTHING that happens in that game, and the PC game Discworld.

I suppose later on in my childhood would involve N64 and PS1 so:
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party 3, Breath of Fire III & IV, Final Fantasy VII & IX (didn't really like VIII) also Tactics, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and Symphony of the Night.

I had two favorite systems as a little kid, the first of which being the Gamecube.

I can't tell you how many hours I wasted on this game. I still remember leaving the game on overnight to unlock Mewtwo, and messing around on Debug Mode with an Action Replay. I recently started playing my old copy again, and I'm getting pretty darn good at using Ness.

Before de Cube of amazing Gaming, I had a Playstation.

Quite possibly one of my favorite racing games of all time. Catchy soundtrack, creative track design, and a crapload of cars that I probably wouldn't know existed were it not for this game (Did you know that France made supercars?) Recently, I completed all of the Simulation mode races. ALL OF THEM.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 06:25PM EST

I loved a crapton of games, but off the top of my head there's

Super Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros. Melee, Wind Waker,  Cel Damage, The Sly Cooper trilogy, Hot Wheels turbo racing, Hey You, Pikachu!, Pokemon Snap, The original Pokemon games, and Putt-Putt enters the race.
And those are only the ones i remember off the top of my head…
Yea, I play video games a bit too much.

Last edited Nov 13, 2012 at 04:07AM EST

I dare you to know this game

I loved this maily because it was featuring a giant robot. And because the BGM was great!

I think I probably liked this mostly because of the panty shots of Akiko. Still a great game thought. Better than Super Mario Bros. 2.

Sorta of Ghost'N'Goblins reverse. Start in her undies, gotta get dressed, And when I was a kid I never realized those slimes were shaped like… you know what!

And of course there was Super Mario Bros.

Tony Hawks Underground 1, known by the cool kids as THUG. This game got me seriously into gaming, and I still want to go back and play it to this day.
Also, you got to play as Iron Man.

Last edited Nov 14, 2012 at 10:50PM EST

There's a lot of childhood favorites I remember playing on the Atari, NES, SNES and Genesis. My childhood also involves classic DOS games like Rex Nebular, MegaTraveller 2, Police Quest series, Stonekeep, Mines of Titan, Day of the Tentacle, and most point and click adventure games. Good times!

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Pajama Sam and Freddi Fish, anyone?!?!

Pajama Sam>Spy Fox>Putt-Putt>Freddi Fish. You Are What You Eat is the best, though, hands down. Look at all of those politics in a children's game. As Pierre Le Pain would say, "C'est magnifique." Though I will concede that "Spy Fox 2: Some Assembly Required" has the best mini-game, "Things From Space."

I used to watch the animated series, even got a Hamtaro plush myself when I was a child.
Sucks that they canceled it, though. Toonami, where have you gone?

I started playing this game because I got interested and it seemed fun for a child.
I still have it on my laptop on the VirtuaBoy emulator and I play it once in a while.
Reliving my childhood is fun.

These little badasses here are what got me into a bit more harder games during my childhood.
I can't wait for the next installment to the series.

Last edited Nov 24, 2012 at 01:56PM EST

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

I used to watch the animated series, even got a Hamtaro plush myself when I was a child.
Sucks that they canceled it, though. Toonami, where have you gone?

I started playing this game because I got interested and it seemed fun for a child.
I still have it on my laptop on the VirtuaBoy emulator and I play it once in a while.
Reliving my childhood is fun.

These little badasses here are what got me into a bit more harder games during my childhood.
I can't wait for the next installment to the series.

Oh my god I had the Game Boy Color Hamtaro game as a kid

So much awesome
SO MUCH NOSTALGIA

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Caveman Adventure is the one true childhood game.

You mean Adventure Island!

That game was our childhood. The Gameboy was our first game system ever, and was the most advanced technology we had in our house until you got a Gameboy Advanced for your 5th birthday!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!