Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,687 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Nation RP: Reloaded

Last posted Dec 13, 2012 at 08:02PM EST. Added Nov 19, 2012 at 01:06PM EST
110 posts from 18 users

Alright. It's been around 7 months since we last did this. It's time to revive the tradition.

In a nation RP, you take control of a nation. Your goal is to lead it to glory; becoming the dominant civilization on the planet.
You may develop technologies, your society, and choose how your nation relates to people, including wars, diplomacy and trade.

In this RP, your people start at the Neolithic revolution; just before the development of agriculture. Once a day or once everyone has sent me their turns, whichever comes first, I will update the map and determine via algorithm the outcome of all actions.
You may send, each turn, a sociological/technological development and up to 6 lines of political developments.

The first 15 people to sign up will get nations. I'm not going to boot people for inactivity; not playing will just disadvantage your people. Unless you tell me you're going to be inactive for a period, though, if anyone wants to take over your nation after 3 missed turns, I'm going to give it to them.

Good luck, and may whatever deities you invent be with you. Nation signup begins now. Hopefully we'll get a map up shortly.

BSOD has entered the game

I, of course, will be Blue screen Blue

I have a little faith that MDF is more committed to finishing what he starts than Kasrkai was in the last Nation RP

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 03:12PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

BSOD has entered the game

I, of course, will be Blue screen Blue

I have a little faith that MDF is more committed to finishing what he starts than Kasrkai was in the last Nation RP

I recall all of you losers quitting.

@Madcat I'll do my best.
@Cale we did all quit.

Current Nations are:

Ann Hiro's Tribe (Dark Green)

Cale's Tribe (Dark Grey – Angmar returns)

Megalolzor's Tribe (Royal Blue)

DarkErmac's Tribe (Lime Green)

Madcat's Tribe (Light Brown)

BSOD's Tribe (Blue)

There are currently 9 spots available.
Map will be posted soon, hopefully.

I want in, if possible.
Piss Yellow (Teal if no piss yellow)
Spot 15
Quick question: Is this map a Pangaea map?

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 08:19PM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

I want in, if possible.
Piss Yellow (Teal if no piss yellow)
Spot 15
Quick question: Is this map a Pangaea map?

There is only one continent… but it has a metric fuck ton of internal oceans
Also 1 spot remains available.
I'm going to bed now, so everyone get in your starting locations by tomorrow? Thanks.

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 09:43PM EST

I'll take 11 I guess

you know, I really should be wondering… should I just stay with the spot I've chosen or wait to see who goes where as to effectively gauge risk factors and choose accordingly, albeit with the chance of being stuck on the continent with the dangers I had been attempting to avoid in the first place…

Oh well.

Crimson Locks wrote:

Am I late? I call dibs on crimson!… If that's ok with you
Also, position 12 please

You managed to get the last spot, but Fridge already has crimson.

Alright, as it currently stands:

Cale 's Tribe (Dark Grey, position 9)
Fridge Logic 's Tribe (Crimson Red, position 8)
Rocket Propelled Panda's Tribe (Purple, position 13)
DarkErmac 's Tribe (Lime Green, position 4)
Megalolzor 's Tribe (Dark Blue, position 3)
Crimson Lock 's Tribe (Light blue, position 12)
BSOD 's Tribe (Medium Blue, position 6)
Slappy 's Tribe (Orange, position 11)

404, Ann and our as-of-yet unnamed additional player still need to select their spots. (Ann, you can just wait until everyone else is done if you don't really care. 404, that spot was taken already.)

Last edited Nov 20, 2012 at 09:59AM EST

MDFification wrote:

Alright, as it currently stands:

Cale 's Tribe (Dark Grey, position 9)
Fridge Logic 's Tribe (Crimson Red, position 8)
Rocket Propelled Panda's Tribe (Purple, position 13)
DarkErmac 's Tribe (Lime Green, position 4)
Megalolzor 's Tribe (Dark Blue, position 3)
Crimson Lock 's Tribe (Light blue, position 12)
BSOD 's Tribe (Medium Blue, position 6)
Slappy 's Tribe (Orange, position 11)

404, Ann and our as-of-yet unnamed additional player still need to select their spots. (Ann, you can just wait until everyone else is done if you don't really care. 404, that spot was taken already.)

Just realised colours taken gold position 5 please.

@LiamMayhem whoops, I actually forgot to write yours down. My bad. You get position 5.
I also forgot to write down Captain Falcon. He gets light yellow and position 15.
Ann, sorry, but there are two people who requested that position before you.

Ok… sorry to doublepost, but I want to get this thing under way. If you don't already have a starting position, I'm just arbitrarily giving you one.

Please PM me with your initial sociological/technological development

Argh, you had to start just when I went to bed.

Okay so what kind of limits apply when assigning our own civilizations starting developments?

Obviously I can't invent cars straight off the bat or assign myself a very modern political system considering this is the stone age but where is the line drawn?

Plausibility is the rule. You can't invent a tech without your civilization possessing the immediate precursor to that technology.
As for sociological/political idgaf. Any organization is plausible; think about which suit your needs best though. Also, don't establish everything at once. Things should evolve over time.

MDFification wrote:

Ok… sorry to doublepost, but I want to get this thing under way. If you don't already have a starting position, I'm just arbitrarily giving you one.

Please PM me with your initial sociological/technological development

what level of civilization are we starting at?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!