Alright, ladies and gents, it’s time for a new forum game. For any of you that haven’t heard of “The Wikipedia Game”, the goal is to get from one entry to another only by clicking the links embedded in the entry. The goal differs from game type to game type, but in “least clicks”, the goal is to get from one entry to another in as few link clicks as possible.
Well, I thought it’d be fun to play it on here, but since we aren’t as extensive in entry numbers, I figure that a good substitute would be the “you might also like” section on image pages. So, here’s how it’s going to work:
1. I will provide you with a starting and ending entry. Your goal is to get from the first to the second.
2. You may go into the image gallery and choose any image you want to start your train. Your click count doesn’t start until you choose an image by clicking on the “image site” button.
3. Once you click on an image’s site, go down to the “You Might Also Like” section, and choose one of the related images. Continue to do this until you find an image in the gallery of the selected meme. You are not allowed to enter a new url, click the back button, jump to an entry page, or use any means other than related images to get to the final image.
4. Your click count isn’t complete until you click on the link that takes you to the entry. Remember, this is from entry to entry, not image to image.
5. If you click on an image, you don’t have to count it in two circumstances:
- The image has no tags.
- All related images are from the same gallery.
You can still use the image if you wish, but you aren’t required to do so. If you run into an image with either of these circumstances, just click the back button, and choose another image from the previous page. However, if you click on an image in the related section of the page, you must count that as your click.
6. Post in this thread to show your train of clicks. Please include links to the pages of all the images you used to get from one entry to another.
7. You have a time limit of 48 hours to submit a post of your train. After the 48 hours is up, a winner is declared, and a new round begins.
Since this is a bit experimental, the first round will just be a practice round.
Starting entry: THE iDOLM@STER
Ending entry: Musically Oblivious 8th Grader
You have until Wednesday, 7:40pm CST. Good luck!