Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

What movie in your childhood scared you?

Last posted Dec 11, 2012 at 10:04PM EST. Added Dec 09, 2012 at 09:55AM EST
34 posts from 28 users

Oh boy, here are several childhood movies that scared me, and also explain what exactly scared me.

• Wizard of Oz
    -The tornado picking up the house, when the Wicked Witch of the West makes her first appearence, and when the heros confront the Wizard for the first time.
  • Snow White
    -When the queen transformed into the old hag
  • Beauty and the Beast
    -When the Beast gets furious about Belle entering the west wing
  • Pinnochio
    -When Lampwick turns into a Donkey
  • The Land Before Time
    -The tar pits scene

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Get on my level.

Actually, don't. It's mentally-scarred and terrifying.

Trust me, an evil killer clown that kills children was SCARIER then zombies

Poltergeist had me scared to death of evil spirits from 5-8 years old. I couldn't be alone in the dark, or anywhere really. To console me, my mom told me that spirits weren't real. Also that Santa Claus wasn't real. Coping with that was probably a pretty big contributing factor to my atheism as well.

I honestly sat through the Terminator and Alien series going "this is so awesome!!!".
But what it comes to marshmallows, dogs and tit-people, I run away shitless.

Last edited Dec 09, 2012 at 11:24PM EST

When I was really little the scene at the end of The Little Mermaid where Ursula grows 1000X larger scared the shit out of me every time and I would hide behind the couch. I was also such a pussy as a child that I would be too scared to even watch the tv trailers for horror movies. Strangely enough, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island never scared me.

For me, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Twelve year old me sitting there screaming like a little baby during the opening of the Ark sequence.

My little sister hates any Tim Burton movie (much to me and my other sibling's chagrin, we like those movies), she doesn't like the frequent Slasher Smiles and toothy grins. The centipede from James And the Giant Peach creeped her out more than that monster rhino storm. (As much, it was likely that very movie that made her scared of Tim Burton.)

Said other sibling's least favorite movie is, as mentioned by DarkErmac, Jumanji. Everyone sat through it except her.

How exactly bad was Scooby-doo on Zombie Island? I think I might have seen it ones but that was like long ago that I can't even remember.

Can anyone elaborate or maybe post a scene of the movie? I'm just a bit curious.

ANother childhood movie that scared me aswell:

The scene of Zelda looking creepy and saying scary stuff creeped me out

But the scene where Gage kills Jud scared the FUCK out of me, i had nightmares STRAIGHT for 15 weeks because of that scene!

Here it is:

Last edited Dec 10, 2012 at 04:26PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!