Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,882 total conversations in 8,990 threads

+ New Thread

Imagine you're in a zombie apocalypse.

Last posted Jan 12, 2013 at 04:56PM EST. Added Jan 09, 2013 at 05:06PM EST
28 posts from 21 users

Try to imagine there is a zombie apocalypse and you have to survive. What would you do?

Start of story is:
- you are alone at your home
- you have enough food for a week
- there is no electricity
- you have only things that are real in your home at this moment
- you can be infected only by bite

Go!

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:06PM EST

Why are you making so many threads?

I get out of Stockton ASAP and go to Orland, little farming town a few hours drive away from Sacramento. Barricade the high school and turn the fields into farms. Expand outwards until we have a fence around the entire central area of Orland. Stockpile ammunition and firearms for emergencies.

People out scavenging or doing other things outside the walls are armed with small shields and bladed weapons.

If we’re doing a raid on another group or some other militant activity, we use shields and spears and attack in formation. Bring firearms and ammunition in case the enemy uses them on us.

We would start off with simple rationing of supplies and food to the people that need them for survival and to do their jobs. Later on, we would create an economy based around a central resource pool and a credits system; Put things into the resource pool to have credits added, spend credits to take things out. Prices of items would be decided by a computer running a supply/demand calculation.

Tools and equipment for making things are communally owned and can be used so long as you know how and nobody else is currently using it. The tools aren’t taken out of the workplace unless they need to be taken out to do their job.

Government would be in the form of a constitutional meritocracy with officials appointed by the leader. The people have the ability to vote someone out of office, but can’t vote someone into office. 2/3rds vote is required to remove an official from office.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 05:19PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 05:18PM EST

> Sneak into abandoned government facilities
> Activate nuclear warheads
> Take the world down with me
> Hopefully the threads will stop after the world ends

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 05:19PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 05:19PM EST

Why are you making so many threads?

This right here Rukario. I don’t mind that you want to create threads, but you are creating an awful lot in a short period of time. Not really an offense on first sight, but you’ve managed to create a few duplicate or redundant threads alongside the rest, which is a problem.

Please watch out when creating a thread, make sure it’s not there already.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 05:21PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 05:20PM EST

I’m alone at home. The zombies are scratching my windows, desperately trying to get in.

Suddenly, I remember something. I open my laptop, and click on a file named Zombiefort.txt .

Written on the screen is:

“I’m alone at home. The zombies are scratching my windows, desperately trying to get in. Suddenly, I remember something. I open my laptop, and click on a file named Zombiefort.txt . Written on the screen is:”

I begin typing.

An hour to two, I remember that I’m a subhuman according to common people.
“Subhumans can’t be infected by the zombie virus.” I mutter.

Catching my breath, I open the door. Instead of having zombies attack at me, they scream: “We’ve found you!”
They hold out both hands at the same time. “Hail Eugenist!”

I’m confused. Suddenly, I see another human. He is not a zombie, nor a normal human. I look at his eyes. He’s gotta be a subhuman.

He shook my hands. “You are the leader of the subhumans!”

“Well, how did I become the leader?” *I asked.

“You don’t remember. You were the one who gave great speeches. You were the one who organized this movement..”

“What about the zombies?”

“They were made by one of our scientists to be perfect servants for you, my Leader.”

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 05:26PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 05:25PM EST

I have no chance to survive.

Being without electricity would be hard enough for me WITHOUT the zombie apocalypse.

I have basically NO combat skill, and I’m the only one in the house who would be physically capable of fighting anyway. (I do not mean living alone by this, for the record.)

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:34PM EST

I get an axe from the shed and attack any zombies I see. They’re too slow and stupid to defend themselves.

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:42PM EST

>Grab Master Sword
>Grab Hylian Shield
>Put on Chain Mail and Tunic

Lets do this shit!

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:54PM EST

I get in my dad’s van (I’m fourteen, but are there laws in a zombie apocalypse? No.) and drive to MIT. I build a dimension-teleporting device and leave for Equestria. There, I watch the apocalypse unfold in peace. With Monster.

Jan 09, 2013 at 06:04PM EST

Grab the food, water and put it in a backpack. I get in my dad’s car and I grab a parachute from the airport down the road.

I go up the road to the office block near my house, board up the doors and drop CRT monitors on the zombies below. When I run out, I simply parachute to wherever.

(Where I live)

That building at the right with the lights on it is the building I am talking about. Just an idea of how tall it is.

Last edited Jan 09, 2013 at 06:14PM EST
Jan 09, 2013 at 06:13PM EST

Go to local building which can be made in semi-impenetrable fortress, also has large food supply. Set up building as quick get-in and get-out for vehicles (has loading dock, not too hard to modify into this purpose, but high off the ground to keep zombies at lower area). Use nearby fencing to create outer barriers. Use internal shelving and materials from surrounding buildings to create celled off internal location from entering hoards of either humans or zombies, booby trapped “entrances” into inner core of living area, access to roof created in new central living area. Use surrounding builds to set up large scale storage of food. Local farm to farm long term, no animals, will have to drive to farms semi-nearby to get some, tons of fields around for grazing. nearby military presence, it’s america, guns everywhere.

Or to be a total asshole to the zombie hoards, use military supplies to go to nearest large city, close off a sky scrapper to entrance by zombies. Close off and booby trap every floor to make it impossible to move on without setting off booby trap (killing many), all vertical staircases have that. Elevators sent to top floor, music set up to very loud at bottom of the shaft, leave doors open, lulz at falling zombies. Zombies fill skyscraper. When they finally get to the upper floors, use set up zip line to get to nearby building safely. Have wireless charges set up, use remote detonator to implode building. But be far enough away to make sure the building doesn’t collapse on top of me.

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:25PM EST

Grabbing pills.

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:42PM EST

Oh look, a keyboard.
~
svcheats_1
god 1
give grenadelauncher
~

Let the games begin.

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:06AM EST

1. Get on a plane
2. Go to here:

3. ?
4. Profit.
I can’t believe you all haven’t thought of this yet.

Last edited Jan 10, 2013 at 07:49AM EST
Jan 10, 2013 at 07:48AM EST

Option 1: Get 4 friends, one must be a black dude with pills addiction, the another a biker, a hot chick and a Vietnam veteran old man.

Option 2: See if your neighbor is a Crazy lunatic guy that sells magic plants that kill zombies. Then fill your garden with peashoters and be ready to face the horde

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:07AM EST

Is backflip an option I want backflip to be an option.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:13AM EST

Iran wrote:

I’m alone at home. The zombies are scratching my windows, desperately trying to get in.

Suddenly, I remember something. I open my laptop, and click on a file named Zombiefort.txt .

“I’m alone at home. The zombies are scratching my windows, desperately trying to get in. Suddenly, I remember something. I open my laptop, and click on a file named Zombiefort.txt . Written on the screen is:”

I begin typing.

Catching my breath, I open the door. Instead of having zombies attack at me, they scream: “We’ve found you!”

I’m confused. Suddenly, I see another human. He is not a zombie, nor a normal human. I look at his eyes. He’s gotta be a subhuman.

“You don’t remember. You were the one who gave great speeches. You were the one who organized this movement..”

“They were made by one of our scientists to be perfect servants for you, my Leader.”

Suddenly spaghetti

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:08PM EST

Pariah and I, some of the few non-infectable people eat the spaghetti together.

Pariah: “What should we do, Leader.”
Me: “Let’s make a Master Race.”

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:34PM EST

Drive north until I reach the colder parts of Canada, and seek refuge. Watch zombies most likely freeze solid due to their probable lack of regulated body temperature.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:54PM EST

Famous people nowadays bore me to death hence why I just give zero fucks to them. Now famous people a few hundred years ago are much more deserving, instead of singing shit music they would either make world changing discoveries which we still un/knowingly still appreciate or lead nations to ultimate defeat/victory. Its like the human race has quickly become less awesome

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:57PM EST

Laika wrote:

Famous people nowadays bore me to death hence why I just give zero fucks to them. Now famous people a few hundred years ago are much more deserving, instead of singing shit music they would either make world changing discoveries which we still un/knowingly still appreciate or lead nations to ultimate defeat/victory. Its like the human race has quickly become less awesome

How about making your OWN thread called “Why I hate the human race?” cause this is a thread about zombies..Just saying…

Also I agree with Jyron, Canada would be a nice place to run away from the infection

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:26PM EST

Iran wrote:

I begin typing.

You’re taking your username too far, dude…

I’d probably go to the mall and steal a golf cart for the lolz

Jan 11, 2013 at 02:12AM EST

If i’m (alone at home) that doesn’t mean that there’s other people around (unlikely). I would Honestly make a mad dash to find any survivors. By doing this I would risk being bitten but by zombies and also i would have a problem with the whole food thing but that an Apocalypse for ya.

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:38AM EST

Double wrote:

How about making your OWN thread called “Why I hate the human race?” cause this is a thread about zombies..Just saying…

Also I agree with Jyron, Canada would be a nice place to run away from the infection

I didn’t want to because I don’t want to make such a pointless thread…just saying

Jan 11, 2013 at 08:03AM EST

Rukario wrote:

You’re taking your username too far, dude…

I’d probably go to the mall and steal a golf cart for the lolz

Have a problem with that?

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:56PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!