Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

So many damn feels..

Last posted Feb 10, 2013 at 10:17AM EST. Added Feb 06, 2013 at 05:23PM EST
27 posts from 19 users

After years of procrastination and holding back I finally bought a PS3 and played MGS4 of which I have just completed….so many feels.. so many spine shivers I nearly seizured…I actually shed some tears, respectful man tears, I lost my cool man….oh god..

(Im a devout fan of this series and have played ALMOST all of games, not to mention read tons of the fiction)

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I'm working under the assumption that it's a feels thread.

Let's run with that then.

I'm replaying Final Fantasy IV (I should be doing other things) for the Nintendo DS. The voice acting isn't amazing, but the text has changed some.

When people in your party come to bite the bullet…I felt. More than the times I played it for the Game Boy Advance port, I felt.

Verbose wrote:

Let's run with that then.

I'm replaying Final Fantasy IV (I should be doing other things) for the Nintendo DS. The voice acting isn't amazing, but the text has changed some.

When people in your party come to bite the bullet…I felt. More than the times I played it for the Game Boy Advance port, I felt.

Have you felt the feels that are within FFVI? It's honestly breathtaking. I never finished the game, but I've kinda had my interest in it rekindled, and as soon as I find it, it's on.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Have you felt the feels that are within FFVI? It's honestly breathtaking. I never finished the game, but I've kinda had my interest in it rekindled, and as soon as I find it, it's on.

I haven't. I've played III, IV, VII, XI Online, and XII from the main series. I've only completed III and IV before.

But I think there are GB Advance ports for V and VI, and if the story telling is on par with IV, then I'll look forward to those games once I finish my playthroughs of IV and VII.

Laika wrote:

After years of procrastination and holding back I finally bought a PS3 and played MGS4 of which I have just completed….so many feels.. so many spine shivers I nearly seizured…I actually shed some tears, respectful man tears, I lost my cool man….oh god..

(Im a devout fan of this series and have played ALMOST all of games, not to mention read tons of the fiction)

Oh sweet jesus, I remember that. I only first played it about 3/4ths of a year ago, but damn. It was the first game to make me shed a tear in a long, long time.

Verbose wrote:

I haven't. I've played III, IV, VII, XI Online, and XII from the main series. I've only completed III and IV before.

But I think there are GB Advance ports for V and VI, and if the story telling is on par with IV, then I'll look forward to those games once I finish my playthroughs of IV and VII.

Dude, just get ZSNES and emulate the SNES version. Because that game…

So much in that story. In a game with about 13 characters, very few of them are glossed over, everyone's story is emotional, every sidequest is worth it, every optional thing provides more feels. Then, when you replay it…

You replay knowing that no matter what you do, you can't save the world.

SO. MANY. FEELS. In my book, definitely the series' best.

This is a feels thread, I just had to get some feels out of me guys some way or another. I was overwhelmed, haven't been that emotionally rustled since Phelps the cop out of La Noire slept with that german singer douche only to have his career scrapped, it was a "I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!?!" moment

Understandable. Stories tend to have diminishing returns when it comes to emotional impact. Still, I'm looking forward to replaying it with a more analytical eye.

@Jack Candle I actually remember that. It was an extremely difficult ending to find in a semi-open-world game, especially as a kid, but when I found it there were many feels to be had.

After ending Yoshi's Story (which certainly isn't the most challenging game but certainly a fun one) you are greeted with this…

The Yoshis are happy once again (sniff sniff)
So many memories…
Let's not forget Yoshi's Island's ending too…

Last edited Feb 08, 2013 at 01:08AM EST

FlameHaste wrote:

After ending Yoshi's Story (which certainly isn't the most challenging game but certainly a fun one) you are greeted with this…

The Yoshis are happy once again (sniff sniff)
So many memories…
Let's not forget Yoshi's Island's ending too…

thanks for making me remember that.

Heavy Weapons wrote:

This pic made me bleed feels.

BAWWWWWWWWW

>Hit the guy in the mask a couple times
>His mask falls off
>It looks like lucas
>His name was claus
>Claus dies.

Manly tears were dropped that day.

>browsing youtube
>suddenly memories of Princess Mononoke
>remember loving it when I was little but couldn't remember how it went
>look up a trailer
>see the wolves
>Realize I was mixing memories from Princess Mononoke with memories from an arcade game my Dad and I played together at a hotel once
>remember name of the game
>ALTERED BEAST
>NOSTALGIA BURST FEELS HHNNNNNGGGG
>look up Princes Mononoke
>get about halfway through the movie
>already almost dead from nostalgia overload.

>mfw

This is the first time I've ever really felt nostalgic about anything, and it was about so many things at once, and I just couldn't handle it.

so much overload.

You don't know how much I wanted to fucking cry when I remembered this song from this game:

Has anyone else played this game before? It's an awesome game. I can't lie at all, it made to be a great PS2 game. :'(

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!