Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

307,351 total conversations in 8,891 threads

+ New Thread

Cast the actors & actresses for a movie based on your favorite video game!

Last posted Feb 27, 2013 at 11:49AM EST. Added Feb 26, 2013 at 03:41PM EST
4 posts from 4 users

I’ll start us off with, what else, the nine classes from TF2.

Heavy:
Tom Hardy- He’s huge and muscular enough to play the Heavy well, he’s big and intelligent enough to make him seem menacing but also a good enough actor to make him somewhat childlike and vulnerable, like in the game. And if he can do Bane’s voice, he can do a thick Russian accent.

Demoman:
Jamie Foxx- Not any real reason, other than that he’s a good actor, he can be pretty funny and resembles the Demoman enough to pull the role off. I’ll just work on the assumption that he can do a Scottish accent. My other choice would be Samuel L. Jackson, but he’s already done a one-eyed black guy once so he probably wouldn’t want to again.

Soldier:
Either Karl Urban or Brad Pitt- Both have the cartoonishly square jaws for the Soldier, but Pitt since he can probably do a more accurate representation of the Soldier’s voice and Urban because as Dredd proved, he can act very well with an eye-covering helmet for the entire movie.

Sniper:
Hugh Jackman- He’s an excellent actor, he looks and talks enough to play the Sniper and he’s Australian. ’Nuff said.

Scout:
Either Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Shia LeBouf- Joseph looks much more like the Scout and is an infinitely better actor than Shia LeBouf, so I’d probably go with them if there was actually a movie being made because he is so much better, in general and I don’t ever advocate Shia LeBouf getting movie roles. However, Shia is so self-assured, overconfident, and inexperienced even in real life that he practically is the Scout, and would no doubt play the role perfectly, partially because he acts like that in every single movie he’s ever been in.

Spy:
Christian Bale- I don’t have a particular person I think could definitely play the Spy, but I could see Christian Bale if no one else in the role. He’s one of my favorite actors and he looks enough like the Spy, at least if he has a balaclava mask on for the entire movie. Same as with the Heavy, if he can do Batman’s voice he can do the Spy’s.

Engineer:
Jeff Bridges- As he proved in Iron Man, he can be intelligent and menacing as well as easygoing and Southern at the same time, which the role of the Engineer definitely requires.

Medic:
Either Christoph Waltz or Hugo Weaving- Both have played outstanding Nazis (Weaving in Captain America and Waltz in Inglourious Basterds)and can probably mimic the Medic’s voice very well. Waltz is probably the better actor but Weaving looks almost exactly like the Medic, so really I’d be happy with either of them.

Pyro:
Whoever to do the actual character and costume and Dennis Bateman, the actual voice actor for the Pyro, to do the voice.

Last edited Feb 26, 2013 at 04:04PM EST
Feb 26, 2013 at 03:41PM EST

How about a Shadow-of-Israphel-movie?

Jonathan Frakes as Xephos
John Rhys-Davis as Honeydew
Sean Bean as Peculier
Caroline Goodall as Granny Bacon
Wes Bentley as Skylord Lysander
Nicolas Cage as Skylord Jasper
Jean Reno as Shiplord Hubert
Rawle Lewis as UmBongo
Rihanna as Madam Nubescu
Selena Gomez as Isabel Peculier
Ariana Grande as Niea (Guest Appereance)
Michael Caine as Karpath Antioch
Christopher Lee as Fumblemore
Ian McKellen as Swampy Bogbeard
Hayden Pannettiere as Daisy Duke
Jeremy Irons as Jock Fireblast
Stephen Dillane as Israphel

Feb 26, 2013 at 06:48PM EST

Metal Gear Solid

Morgan Freeman as Solid Snake
Morgan Freeman as Liquid Snake
Morgan Freeman as Naked Snake
Morgan Freeman as Otacon
Morgan Freeman as Meryl
Morgan Freeman as Vamp
Morgan Freeman as Ocelot

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:49AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!