Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Serious Games Survey

Last posted Mar 16, 2013 at 07:33PM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2013 at 05:17PM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Hello. My name is Martin, and I'm doing a master thesis project in the area of Serious Games and gaming achievements. I am currently looking for participants for my survey, and I woud greatly appreciate the assistance. If you have time to spare for 31 multiple answer questions, here is the link:

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=xgb6hgniumi85hu113910

Thank you.

Laika wrote:

You call it a game survey yet I just went through it and pretty much all of the questions are on exams….

While he didn't word it in a clear cut way, if you had bothered to read the prompt at the beginning of the survey, it explained that the questions were there in order to find out how video game-like achievements could be applied to school. That is why the questions were divided between achievements preferences and study goals.

On a side note, it's interesting that exams and test scores were the only parts mentioned, nothing directly mentioned the actual learning of a subject, or fully understanding of one. Merely knowing what the answers are to certain questions was the main focus. That is, unless in a bout of hypocrisy I myself did not read things as well as I should have.

Last edited Mar 16, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT

I gave this survey as much attention as I do with all surveys, a very minimal amount.

Question 8 page 2 "To avoid getting a lot of questions wrong on the exams in the class." obviously your going to try your most

Question 10 page 2 "To answer a lot of questions correctly on the exams in the class."

I'm grateful if you're taking the time to do the test. There is a purpose behind not explaining too much about the subject before the survey, but the aim of the thesis project is to design an achievement system specifically for educational games.

The achievement goal questions in themselves are phrased in the way that they are for a reason, and it is a scientifically validated test that I have not designed myself.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!