Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

306,251 total conversations in 8,829 threads

+ New Thread


Help

Last posted Mar 22, 2013 at 10:08PM EDT. Added Mar 21, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
39 posts from 14 users

I’ve been off the web for a while because I’ve been depressed. I’ve had no luck finding a job, just got out of a relationship 2 days ago, and got kicked out literally an hour ago. I’ve got no place to go, all my friends moved to different states. Im sitting in a park as I’m typing this on my phone. Not to mention its freezing. What do i do? I’m only 19.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
Quote

Find the nearest holiday inn or whatever and rent a room for the night. While there you can think about what to do next in a nice warm room. I’m sorry to hear that.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:36PM EDT
Quote

How much money do you have?
Don’t worry, pal. Things will get better sooner or later.
I remember this homeless guy who became one of the richest guys on earth. You’re not aiming to be rich, but you can survive if you keep cool.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

First it would be best to inform us about your financial situation. The fact that you can sit on a park bench while having access to the internet shows you still haven’t lost contact to the outside world yet.

Instead of wasting battery on us however, a better plan would be to phone family (assuming that’s an option). Same for possible friends of which you know might have family living in the area. I’m sorry if that sounded rude, but an online forum isn’t exactly the correct place to go to when in such a situation.

To continue from here we again first need to know how much money you have left. Dac’s option is a legit one, but we can’t confirm yet you can actually pay for one night. That’s why I suggested the above. Your current options for transport can also help. Considering you got kicked out, I’m not assuming you have a car, but something as simple as a bike can already help. Again, money is of great importance here should you go with public traffic.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:46PM EDT
Quote

Are… are you serious? I really have no idea. My dilemma is this- if I make a post assuming that you are and I’m wrong, I end up looking like a retard. On the other hand, if I guess incorrectly that you aren’t, I instantly become a massive jackass. So… fuck it, I’ll just do both.
If you are serious:
You know, I’d say that there’s always someone willing to look out for you, even if it isn’t obvious at first. Think long and hard, and when a person comes to your mind, contact them- you’ll see if they’re a good enough human being to step up and help. Also, if you really mean it when you say “depressed” it might be good to see a therapist, even if it’s only a few minutes of meeting up with them on their personal time.
In the end, even though KnowYourMeme is a very supportive community, no user here is either of those things. So go find them- we’ll be here if you need us for a laugh.
If you aren’t serious:
I’d just fap- that’s always solved my emotional problems

Last edited Mar 21, 2013 at 10:49PM EDT
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:48PM EDT
Quote

I have no money i have no car, i dont even know how to drive, my family is in another country, my friends families are non responsive. Im alone. Ive never been more serious in my life.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:54PM EDT
Quote

The fact your ex kicked you out like that is horrible. You might have to go to a homeless shelter for the night if your friends families don’t respond.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:56PM EDT
Quote

I also live no where close to a town. Im screwed guys. I know this isnt the place but i have noone else to talk to.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:56PM EDT
Quote

Find a homeless shelter. They’ll take care of you for the night, and you probably won’t have to pay.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:58PM EDT
Quote

I agree with RandomMan’s suggestion, and I’m terribly sorry to hear about your predicament.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

I was living with my parents. I live in the middle of no where. Guys, thank you for your suggestions, i think the only thing i can do if go from house to house for the night. Next time i post will be an update, if the thread doesnt get locked first. Thank you.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:11PM EDT
Quote

Dude, no mod would be such an asshole as to lock this right now, and if they did they would deserve to burn in eternal hellfire.
I feel honored to be part of a group of people so loving and supportive. I know that the next time I feel like a bag of shit, I’m coming here.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

^ I believe he was talking about if the thread goes unresponsive for 30 days and then it will be auto-locked.


Although I have no experience of your situation, considering I’m only just 13, I’ll try to help out with the others helping you out. I have a bit of survival experience, a so-so amount of financial experience, but not much more that I can offer here. I may remember a thing or two about other topics that can help you in your current situation, but not really anymore than that.

What your ex did must have been horrible. Honestly, even if my ex was living in my house still, I’d keep her there because it’s inhumane and horrible to throw another person out on the street. Only until she gets a home for herself that’s when she leaves. But as others on this thread have suggested, call your friends and family. If they don’t respond, just come back and ask us any questions. Don’t take my advice, unless you want to, it’s better to take everyone else’ advice, since they most likely have better experience and knowledge than that of mine.

EDIT: Also, we’ll need to know the amount of money you have, as others have asked previously. It’ll help give you more accurate advice on what to do with what you have.

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 12:34AM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT
Quote

Oh! Um, gosh, not sure what to say. I’ll try not to make this worse.

You have a phone right? Internet access? Good. You have something left. The important thing is to never lose hope. Never let your emotions take control. That’s the last thing you’d want in a time like this. I think you have this covered though, so good job keeping that in check.

The only thing we can do on an online forum, unfortunately, is console you, maybe offer some advice. All the suggestions so far have been helpful. But you’re going to knock on random people’s homes and ask them to lodge for a night? Am I hearing this correctly? I wouldn’t recommend that. It causes a bunch of issues from both parties involved (especially yourself).

It’s quite unfortunate that your friends and family aren’t here to support you. But might you try calling them (if you haven’t done so already)? Explain everything; hey’ll find a way to help one way or another. It’s always nice to have someone to talk to anyway. There has got to be someone who you’ve been acquainted with during your time here, however short, that you could find though.

Despite you living in the middle of nowhere (a more exact location would help), I highly doubt there isn’t some semblance of civilization within a 100 km radius of you. Get there somehow. What I’d do is take some public transportation to the nearest (sub)urban area. It’s always affordable, and if you can’t pay the few dollars or so I’m sure you can explain your predicament. Or you could use the GPS on your phone and find the nearest police station or homeless shelter. They’ll get something worked out.

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:48AM EDT
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

^ I believe he was talking about if the thread goes unresponsive for 30 days and then it will be auto-locked.


Although I have no experience of your situation, considering I’m only just 13, I’ll try to help out with the others helping you out. I have a bit of survival experience, a so-so amount of financial experience, but not much more that I can offer here. I may remember a thing or two about other topics that can help you in your current situation, but not really anymore than that.

What your ex did must have been horrible. Honestly, even if my ex was living in my house still, I’d keep her there because it’s inhumane and horrible to throw another person out on the street. Only until she gets a home for herself that’s when she leaves. But as others on this thread have suggested, call your friends and family. If they don’t respond, just come back and ask us any questions. Don’t take my advice, unless you want to, it’s better to take everyone else’ advice, since they most likely have better experience and knowledge than that of mine.

EDIT: Also, we’ll need to know the amount of money you have, as others have asked previously. It’ll help give you more accurate advice on what to do with what you have.

This is a fairly unimportant thing to say, but I believe that BWYE is a woman, if the Show Your Face Thread has any proof.

Also, advice from me, is if there’s a nearby Airport or Subway, that’s your next best thing right now.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:04AM EDT
Quote

Wow BWYE I’m sorry of your situation, please update soon!! I would suggest you anything but it seems that many of the users here have suggested useful things. I hope everything works from now on.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:02PM EDT
Quote

there is no way for me to say this without sounding like a rich ass (which i am not)
but i just can’t imagen a person in your situation
not saying you are trolling us all or anything and i know some people live a hard life but.. wow
wish i could do something

the only thing i can give you is my trust in that you will make it
humans are not weaklings if we were we would all be dead long ago
so light up you are the result of billions of years of evolutionary success
you 19 you young you are strong.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:22PM EDT
Quote

Viuff wrote:

there is no way for me to say this without sounding like a rich ass (which i am not)
but i just can’t imagen a person in your situation
not saying you are trolling us all or anything and i know some people live a hard life but.. wow
wish i could do something

the only thing i can give you is my trust in that you will make it
humans are not weaklings if we were we would all be dead long ago
so light up you are the result of billions of years of evolutionary success
you 19 you young you are strong.

I agree on the fact that she is gonna make it. I also understand is difficult for some people to ackowledge some situations, but we don’t know her whole story, of why her friends and family are unresponsive and frankly this is irrelevant to us as she needs help not judgement.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:26PM EDT
Quote

Well, I hope that while I type this she found a decent job and a decent place to sleep.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:35PM EDT
Quote

Digoxin wrote:

Well, I hope that while I type this she found a decent job and a decent place to sleep.

You can’t get a job in 16 hours.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:43PM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

You can’t get a job in 16 hours.

way to drop it

not sure if this is an appropriate time for laughs

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 01:53PM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 01:52PM EDT
Quote

Guys, guys!I’m alright (for now). Last night was tough, but I ended up at this nice old lady’s house a couple blocks from my house. I told her my whole situation and made her search my backpack so that she doesn’t think that I’m trying to trick her or rob her (which is understandable, being that she is kinda afraid of the hoodlums in my neighborhood), and I made her search me. I stayed the night and tried to leave really early in the morning, but she was already up and wanted to search me again to make sure that I wasn’t taking anything, then invited me to breakfast. She said that if I wasn’t carrying a Bible, She would’ve called the police last night. My mom called me and she answered because I didn’t want to. They talked, she told me to go home.

I went home and nobody was there. So I cleaned up a little bit then went and stayed in my room. My mother came home and went straight to her room without a word. I know she knows that I’m here because I was moving around. So I guess I can stay, but her and my step-father are just going to ignore me. Whatever.

Then my ex showed up; we talked, and trying to settle our differences.

Would you believe that i got kicked out because I accidentally put dishes in the dishwasher wrong? Sigh…my mom has some kind of mental illness that makes her think that I hate her when i mess up on something. I wish I could convince her to go seek professional help, but she doesn’t listen; she thinks that I want an excuse to call her crazy.

Anyways, I’m home until my mother finds another reason to flip shit. Thank you all for your support, concern and suggestions. It’s sad that some strangers on the Internet tried to help me out and friends and family didn’t. This just proves that I need to move out when I can and surround my self with a different crowd. You guys are amazing. Thank you. You’re welcome to ask any questions.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:14PM EDT
Quote

You put dishes in the dishwasher wrong?

Something is wrong with your ex. What the hell kind of excuse to kick someone out of your house is that???

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:18PM EDT
Quote

Man, I feel like a jerk for missing out on this thread.

I’m glad everything worked out, and I want you to know that you’re on the cusp of independence, so you don’t have to wait long to get out of the house.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

You put dishes in the dishwasher wrong?

Something is wrong with your ex. What the hell kind of excuse to kick someone out of your house is that???

No, lol it was my mom…you know…something tells me..that you didn’t read the whole thing….=_=

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT
Quote

I am glad to know that you’re fine, you’re my favorite wolf you know? (dont tell Insanity Wolf). I wish everything gets better from now on.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:52PM EDT
Quote

I just want to know what the police would have done if they caught you not carrying a bible. I had no idea we were living in Iran.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:03PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

I just want to know what the police would have done if they caught you not carrying a bible. I had no idea we were living in Iran.

lmao, no, I had my laptop and some bigass headphones and my 3ds in my backpack, so I’m assuming that she thought that I could’ve stolen them and was looking for a place to hide. I’ll admit, I was very suspicious lookin’. Usually a black person carrying a backpack, wearing a hoodie, going from house to house and constantly looking back in the middle of the night is a reason to call the cops. I think me carrying my bible made my story more believable.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:15PM EDT
Quote

BlackWolfYellowEyes wrote:

lmao, no, I had my laptop and some bigass headphones and my 3ds in my backpack, so I’m assuming that she thought that I could’ve stolen them and was looking for a place to hide. I’ll admit, I was very suspicious lookin’. Usually a black person carrying a backpack, wearing a hoodie, going from house to house and constantly looking back in the middle of the night is a reason to call the cops. I think me carrying my bible made my story more believable.

Good thing you had it then.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:18PM EDT

BlackWolfYellowEyes wrote:

lmao, no, I had my laptop and some bigass headphones and my 3ds in my backpack, so I’m assuming that she thought that I could’ve stolen them and was looking for a place to hide. I’ll admit, I was very suspicious lookin’. Usually a black person carrying a backpack, wearing a hoodie, going from house to house and constantly looking back in the middle of the night is a reason to call the cops. I think me carrying my bible made my story more believable.

See you got your priorities for possessions to take with you straight. You are a hero to the internet warriors.

Few things I’d like to question as you brought up the offer, should you need our help again:
1. These bursts from your mother happen all the time is what I got from your post. Kicking a child out however is a pretty massive decision for a parent. Has this happened before? I assume yes and that you stayed with your bf those times, which was a now unavailable option, but am asking this just in case.
2. Did you and your bf work things out again. Bit of a follow up to the above point, so that we know if you do or do not have a place to stay should you get kicked out again.
2.2. So you single again?

But overall glad to hear everything worked out. Can’t really blame the old lady for her actions, make sure to buy her some flowers next week as thanks for having you stay over.

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 07:46PM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 07:45PM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan
1. Yes this makes a total of 3 times: 5 years ago, I stayed at my bro’s place. Right after I graduated HS 2 years ago, I stayed at my friend’s.
2. No, so far we agreed not to hate each other. we are currently working on a friendship. So I doubt that if this happens again, he would be an option.
2.2 Yea…I guess I am…teehee!

Seriously though, I will get her some flowers and give her some company sometime.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:08PM EDT
Quote

well stuff me like a turkey and send my danish ass to Africa life is full of weird up and down surpriceses

am i right?

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT
Quote

Quite fortunate of you to have found a place to stay for a night or two. And with a stranger, no less.

What I’m getting from your mother is not that she has any mental illnesses. People throw around that term too loosely these days. No, it seems like your mother has an extremely short temper and a propensity to overreact given the slightest provocation. And there’s not much you can do about it. People like that convince themselves there’s nothing wrong with doing so, and suggesting that they take anger management just blows their fuse more. I’d recommend dealing with people like this calmly, rationally, and reasonably, but it seems like now is not the time.

For the moment being, you’re okay, but I’d say it’s high time for you to start thinking about your next step in life. Now, for most people, 19 is the age when they’re in school. I’m one to argue that four year degrees are overrated and not everyone wants nor needs one. However, an associate’s degree of some sort, is extremely helpful to job prospects, and moves you from the unskilled work that they can hire any random teenager off the street to do to a skilled position where you are an integral part of your work.

I’m wagering that you don’t want to be living off your parents for the rest of your life. And stable, mutual relationships are really hard to come by. If you’re not involved in work or education right now, I’d recommend heading off to a local junior college and perusing through their program of studies. There’s bound to be something in there that sounds fun to do as a career. Hell, you can take courses online now if you’re into that sort of thing.

@old lady
Oftentimes symbolic gestures are worth way more than anything money can buy. I think you’ve found a person you can confide to in this old lady. Maybe in addition, or in substitute to the flowers you could talk through your situation with her. Like I said, it’s always nice to have someone to talk to. Old people are great repositories of life experience after all.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

@Twins: While I was in hs, I applied to the Air Force. Months after I graduated, I went through BMT for a month then got out due to talking in my sleep.
I’m a student at a community college for assoc. in nursing, but due to ADD and no motivation, I’m taking a break and switching my major and will be taking Acting and Music classes, and some voice acting classes. So next semester I’ll be back in school.
I haven’t been sitting around. I want to do something in my life and I definatly need to move out sometime, to get away. That’s why I joined the military.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:54PM EDT
Quote

I haven’t been sitting around. I want to do something in my life and I definatly need to move out sometime, to get away. That’s why I joined the military.

Remember though that there’s a difference between wanting a job and liking a job. This post implies you only want to join the military to get out of your current life, not because you get wet from guns.

It is better to study a year or two longer and be able to apply for a job you love than join the military because you want to get out of your current lifestyle. The military might seem like an easy solution on the short term, but will get back to you on the long run.

If you love the Air Force or the Military though, and want to fight for Mother Russia your country, then go do that. I am only assuming here that’s it’s not the one thing you want the most.

You also said in your earlier posts that your family is outside the country. Out of curiousity, can this be implied as cross-state or is it more in the direction of your mom being fresh off the boat?

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 09:09PM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 09:05PM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan. I did go to the AF. I only went as far as the boot camp, BMT, then i was discharged.
What I want to do is sing, act, voice act. It’s been my Dream since I was little. I’m not trying to be famous, But those 3 thing are what I’m good at, and I’ve been told that I am good. So I’m gonna take classes to get some experience, and hopefully take off from there.
I was wrong for jetting off to the military just so that I could leave the house. While it was fun, (yes, boot camp was fun) it wasn’t what I wanted to do.
But now I realized that I should’ve been pursuing my dream from the get-go, instead of focusing on the negative aspects of my life, and running from my problems. All this has taught me to grit my teeth, have patience, and to have hope.

Mar 22, 2013 at 09:19PM EDT
Quote

But now I realized that I should’ve been pursuing my dream from the get-go, instead of focusing on the negative aspects of my life, and running from my problems. All this has taught me to grit my teeth, have patience, and to have hope.

It’s clear to me these events have certainly taught you some valuable lessons. At this point I can only wish you good luck and request updates over time.

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 10:15PM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 09:26PM EDT
Quote

BlackWolfYellowEyes wrote:

@Twins: While I was in hs, I applied to the Air Force. Months after I graduated, I went through BMT for a month then got out due to talking in my sleep.
I’m a student at a community college for assoc. in nursing, but due to ADD and no motivation, I’m taking a break and switching my major and will be taking Acting and Music classes, and some voice acting classes. So next semester I’ll be back in school.
I haven’t been sitting around. I want to do something in my life and I definatly need to move out sometime, to get away. That’s why I joined the military.

I’m actually doing a Master’s in Nursing right now, and I must say things are looking quite bright for me right now, with a few job offers lined up already (although I’m debating on whether I want to go back to Canada or not). It’s totally my thing. I understand if it’s not yours.

Careful with acting and music though. You have to understand that in such fields your aspirations can and will fall short of reality. Odds are you’ll struggle for a long time and have to take odd jobs in between gigs before you make it big. That is, if you make it big. I’m not discouraging you from taking them. On the contrary, go after your dreams. But be aware of the difficulties of getting a break. The starving artist/musician/actor isn’t just a stereotype, you know.

I’d recommend supplementing one of those degrees with something more feasible. Maybe I’m being insensitive, but music, acting, and voice acting classes doesn’t seem to be the most demanding in the world (music theory’s a bitch though). And ask yourself, “do I truly want to be do all of these things, or am I just looking for something to hold on to?” I ask this because your military idea seemed to be the second one. And if it comes out as the second one, that’s fine. It’s not like you have to decide right here and now. The fact that you’re taking the initiative to explore all these different interests is a good thing. Just make sure you’re not going after something you don’t want to be going after. And once you find your calling, well, the rest is up to you.

EDIT: So, read your last post. Seems like my last paragraph there was unnecessary if you’re genuinely interested and good at all those things. Good luck with them, but don’t get overconfident. I can’t tell you how many tales I’ve heard of of people who went to Tisch or USC, expecting to become lead role Broadway actors or A list directors in a few years, only to end up hundreds of thousands in debt and working tables. And believe me, they all have a TON of talent. It’s just that sheer talent just isn’t enough when the field is so competitive. Also, voice acting in particular is murder to get into, since unlike normal actors, voice actors tend to be extremely, extremely versatile, and can handle almost any part you throw at them.

Have faith in yourself and your abilities, but be ready to face the challenges that lie ahead for the path that you’ve chosen. A fallback or two would be nice. But who knows?

Last edited Mar 22, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT
Mar 22, 2013 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

BlackWolfYellowEyes wrote:

No, lol it was my mom…you know…something tells me..that you didn’t read the whole thing….=_=

Sorry, thought it was your ex.
:<

I assumed it was, but since you’ve clarified my mistake, I shall take my leave.
Sorry ‘bout that. Hope you’re holding up fine right now.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:08PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!