Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

310,551 total conversations in 9,374 threads

+ New Thread

Let It Out, Part 3: The Feelening

Last posted Mar 25, 2013 at 04:33AM EDT. Added Mar 22, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT
20 posts from 14 users

It’s an absolute crime that we haven’t had this thread for so long. The responses to BlackWolfYellowEyes’ predicament reminded me of just how fantastic and supporting this community is. Here we shall, once again, post all the horrible shit going on in our lives, or whatever else is making us feel less than okay. Try to keep it serious, though of course you can joke around a little bit- we wouldn’t want this to become the Make You Feel Like Killing Yourself Thread. Overall though, you should just be as kind and thoughtful as I know we all can.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:57PM EDT

Me and my mate were early for college this morning so we just stayed and chilled out in the car for a while and listened to some music to pass the time, the music started out as your generic drum and base tracks then we started putting on some old tunes from our childhoods.

Blink-182, Sum41 stuff like that, we started talking about how we were brought up around that music and how we came to liking because of the fact that our older siblings listened to it.
It was pretty cool to find out that my friend was raised around the same music and by his older sister, just like me.

Mar 22, 2013 at 09:41PM EDT

Oh, this thread…
I live in South America, and my goal is to be an animator. My country isn’t the best place for an animator, so I want to go to the US. I got relatives in Charlotte NC, but unless I’m a resident, tuition is high as hell.
Now, my uncle had the idea of me repeating this year, and trying to become a resident, and MAYBE winning a scholarship if I give my best.
But the paperwork is confusing for me, and I got a scolding from my dad because I don’t know much about that.
Scoldings feel bad, man.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:45PM EDT

^ I know that feel.

Just today, right after school, as I was walking over to the crosswalk right outside of the gates that lead out of the entrance to the school, I was stopped by the crossing guard after trying to walk across the crosswalk when the crossing guard was stopping traffic. She tells me that you’re not supposed to walk across the crosswalk (oh god, now the word “cross” looks weird to me) when your parent isn’t waiting for you on the other end.

I tell her something close to, “My mom is just right across the road, on the second closest parking strip. She just had surgery, come on.”

What does she do then? She tells me, “No, you can’t walk across the street if your parent is not waiting for you.”

I curse softly under my breath and say, “Jesus Christ, this school policy.”

That bitch turns around at me and looks at me condescendingly.

“Excuse me? I don’t like that attitude you’re giving me,” or some shit along the lines of that.
My mom starts to pull out of the parking space in reverse to see where I was. She sees me, asks me, “Why are you still there?”

I yell out, “I’M NOT ALLOWED TO CROSS.”

She then parks back in another space and walks across the driveway to come and get me.
And then the bitch crossing guard goes and (basically) tattles on me to my mom and explains that she’s “the only teacher/crossing guard that enforces those rules and that no one else does”.

I scoffed at the teacher/crossing guard. I was furious as hell.
What a self-entitled cunt.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:15PM EDT

Last day I was watching television, got the unique opportunity to catch Megas XLR and Courage the cowardly dog getting nostalgia all the way…. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, my sister steals my…yes…MY TV remote control and changes the channel….to watch the naked brothers band…Then she said: “Some old kiddo shit you like watching bro, nowadays TV is the best of the best.”
“old kiddo shit you like watching bro, nowadays TV is the best.”
“nowadays TV is the best.”
“nowadays TV.”
“the best”
“TV”
But then I quickly got the remote control and changed the channel so I could watch Megas XLR peacefully, sure she said a lot of crap about me being an asshole and bla bla bla but…
But…
Chicks dig giant robots

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:00AM EDT

I thought I had finally finished a school term with straight A’s and I actually got my (second-to-last, ever) report card today.
I had two B’s and a C.
You can’t even imagine how depressed I felt at that.
sigh

Last edited Mar 23, 2013 at 12:21AM EDT
Mar 23, 2013 at 12:21AM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

I thought I had finally finished a school term with straight A’s and I actually got my (second-to-last, ever) report card today.
I had two B’s and a C.
You can’t even imagine how depressed I felt at that.
sigh

Seriously?? My parents would celebrate if I had “two B’s and a C”

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:30AM EDT

I don’t really enjoy anything anymore. My friends don’t talk to me as much. Eventually, i’ll start living alone, lose interest in the things I once loved, get a wife that has an equal amount of problems to me, badly raise a few children who disown us the second they’re old enough to move out, then me and the wife will be killed in an accident.

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:50AM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

I don’t really enjoy anything anymore. My friends don’t talk to me as much. Eventually, i’ll start living alone, lose interest in the things I once loved, get a wife that has an equal amount of problems to me, badly raise a few children who disown us the second they’re old enough to move out, then me and the wife will be killed in an accident.

Wow… that sort of mentality is a pretty big burden to carry around. Has anything happened to make you feel this way? Do you think it could be legitimate clinical depression, or something of that kind? Whatever it is, I feel for you. We all go through periods where we feel like that one time or another. The key is to talk to someone that you trust about it- and believe me when I say that there’s always someone worth trusting.

Mar 23, 2013 at 02:01AM EDT

My coworkers are incompetent but if I say anything they may dislike me.

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:03AM EDT

BlackWolf, The Midnight Pirate wrote:

Seriously?? My parents would celebrate if I had “two B’s and a C”

I mean, I had all A grades besides the two B’s and C.
And the point of me being sad at is the fact I was disappointed because I was certain I had finished the quarter with straight A’s, and it turns out I didn’t.

Mar 23, 2013 at 07:38AM EDT

the wrost at the moment in my life is a lockout of basicly all teachers denmark
now that may sound like a sweet thing right? i mean we have seome extra days free from school thats cool right?

dead wrong! while some my enjoy this i don’t and my class share same worry that if the lockout last too long we will all failed our exams because there will be no teachers to teach us

to the people who do not know what a lockout is
Read this

Last edited Mar 23, 2013 at 11:36AM EDT
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:35AM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

I mean, I had all A grades besides the two B’s and C.
And the point of me being sad at is the fact I was disappointed because I was certain I had finished the quarter with straight A’s, and it turns out I didn’t.

Don’t be disappointed over a few unexpected grades such as that, those are still very good scores, not exactly debilitating when it comes to following your desired career path.

When I left school I had terrible terrible grades, now I work in the construction business as a laborer, I believe the Americans say “go figure” to sum up that.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:41AM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

Mar 23, 2013 at 02:36PM EDT

Hmm… have I waited long enough before taking my turn? Ah fuck it, why not.
Well, I guess I should probably start out by saying that both my parents are alcoholics.

Now that’s awkward.
Yeah, turns out they actually met at an AA meeting, wouldn’t you know it. By the time I was born they didn’t attend those anymore, but were technically sober. That ended at some point during my early childhood when my father began to get drunk while on his frequent buisness trips. Not once did he drink while near our home, but with some other things about him that I don’t want to talk about that wasn’t necessary for things starting to go to shit even more.
So sometime around four or five years ago my mother started to drink as well, and she didn’t show any of the restraint I mentioned before. Luckily for me and my brother, however, those two periods didn’t intersect, and by the moment I knew about any of this (right after a particular episode I don’t think I need to elaborate on) my father had achieved sobriety for a decent chunk of time. But whereas his state of being had never directly affected me, her’s certainly did. Once every two or three days I’d have to deal with her inebriated condition. Frequently this would involve being in a car with her behind the wheel, which were experiences that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. And on about a biweekly basis something particularly bad would happen.
My father really did try the best he could, but the only thing he actually got done was convincing her to attend month-long recovery programs, which I think happened about five times. Every time she came back it looked, at least for two to six or so months, that the misery was finally over. But it always returned, and each time the disappointment got more crushing, at least until recently when I completely gave up hope.
Finally, at the end of February of this year, my father gathered up the guts to take some real action. He filed for legal separation and forced her to leave the three of us, at least until she gets her fucking act together. I haven’t seen or even talked to her since. While things have probably never been so stable, there’s still something about her being gone that just gets me feeling depressed every once and a while.
And that’s my story. I’ve realized that while someone with a “normal life” (if such a thing even exists, which it doesn’t) might think it’s pretty bad, plently of others have it way, way worse. Some of the stuff I read on the previous Let It Out thread that I looked up makes my past half-decade of life look like a fucking frolic through the flower garden. So I can hardly feel bad for myself, but if you want to feel bad for me then there’s nothing I can do to stop you.

tl;dr-
Shit happened.
Shit always happens.
Someone’s shit is worse than yours.

Last edited Mar 23, 2013 at 04:03PM EDT
Mar 23, 2013 at 04:02PM EDT

Thats pretty intense mate, I know people who have alcohol problems or there parents do and its a nightmare to help them out or to try and find a solution especially since its used as a method of escapism.

Its good to see that you’ve risen from that situation though, surely enough your mum will wisen up like your dad has at some point and put the drink down for good, hopefully eh

Mar 23, 2013 at 05:03PM EDT

I am but a fool
My whole life’s a lie
I don’t want a school
I just want to die.

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:22AM EDT

Argh.

This semester was supposed to be the semester where I got my shit together, but I’m finding myself falling back into my cycle of idiocy. When will I ever learn…

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:33AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!