Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,988 total conversations in 9,264 threads

+ New Thread

Fun. How does it work? Personally speaking

Last posted Apr 12, 2013 at 07:37AM EDT. Added Apr 04, 2013 at 12:04AM EDT
17 posts from 17 users

I haven’t been having a lot of fun lately. :(

WhT is it KYM that you do to have fun? I know that fun is vague, but what do you you as the user base to enjoy yourselves.
I wanna know… Thx

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:04AM EDT

Do something you’d want to do, it’s like the Sims.

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:12AM EDT

Fun is found in a state of ‘flow’ – doing something that is neither too hard or too easy, but still commands your attention with the appropriate level of challenge. Time will fly. By which I mean you should play videogames.

Apr 04, 2013 at 03:51AM EDT

Most of the time fun for me means playing vidya’s with people I know. Either IRL or across the internet. Games by yourself is just biding time but when you do it with people, that’s where the fun comes in

But you can’t have just one source of fun, you gotta branch out into fun of different types such as interactive, creative or physical entertainment.

So I’ve also picked up hobbies such as cycling, drawing (both hand and software), programming etc. just to diversify a bit

And every weekend I also get shitballs drunk and play “Monopoly: special alcoholics edition” with IRL friends. That’s also fun. Costs a bit of money though.

But yeah, overall I just game multiplayer since that’s the easiest, cheapest option. That’s why I want people to add me on Steam and don’t be shy!

Apr 04, 2013 at 06:30AM EDT

For the most part, I like to be by myself for fun. I really enjoy solitude sometimes, and during those times I’ll write, read something, or just think. It can be very relaxing.

I find consuming media to be fun as well. I love watching movies while really immersing myself into the story, though it usually helps if I’m alone to do so.

Vidya is always fun.

More often than not, though, I’ve been surprising myself with how much I hang out with other people. I’m typically at a bro’s house 2-3 nights a week, and I always seem to leave at at least 1 AM. It’s been good times. Mostly we just sit around and talk about Theology, or girls, because in my mind I switch from being a boring old man to being a 13 year old kid in the middle of puberty.

Also, I slap the bass.

Apr 04, 2013 at 10:53AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Most of the time fun for me means playing vidya’s with people I know. Either IRL or across the internet. Games by yourself is just biding time but when you do it with people, that’s where the fun comes in

But you can’t have just one source of fun, you gotta branch out into fun of different types such as interactive, creative or physical entertainment.

So I’ve also picked up hobbies such as cycling, drawing (both hand and software), programming etc. just to diversify a bit

And every weekend I also get shitballs drunk and play “Monopoly: special alcoholics edition” with IRL friends. That’s also fun. Costs a bit of money though.

But yeah, overall I just game multiplayer since that’s the easiest, cheapest option. That’s why I want people to add me on Steam and don’t be shy!

Couldn’t said it better.^

I also enjoy walking while listening to music, maybe even around my neighborhood and take some fresh air, staying too long inside my house (even while playing vidya) makes me crazy.

Visit an old trusty friend to talk is also a good option.

Apr 04, 2013 at 11:19AM EDT

Fun is Pokemon or if you’re weird like me, science!
Unfortunately thinking science is fun leaves you with few friends, but screw people, I have split the light spectrum with a rock, extracted DNA from a kiwi using washing up liquid and vodka and I’ve also applied string theory to the payment methods of gardeners.

Apr 09, 2013 at 05:26PM EDT

How do I have fun on kym, good question…

To be honest, I spend a lot of my time in the irc chatting up all the babes and being a loser.

There are some cool forums games like the Nations RP or the Ban User Above You thread.

Sometimes one of the many talented artists of kym create a draw thread where anyone can request something they want drawn. It can get pretty interesting seeing everyone’s art style and humor.

If you like playing games, watching cartoons, or reading we have threads all over General and JFF just for these. In these threads users can discuss whatever they want!
Like Pokemon? Head on over here and talk about your favorite gen maybe
Do you enjoy reading webcomies like Homestuck? Maybe you’re into regular old books, we have threads for BOTH

There’s pretty much a thread for every interest someone has on kym, and if there isn’t, you can create your own!

Just post, talk, discuss, discover, anything. It’s not that hard finding something interesting to do on KnowYourMeme :)

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 11:23AM EDT
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:22AM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

Fap.

Yep Fap

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:36PM EDT

Harrass your irl friends on kym and make similar accounts so when he goes off topic about fapping you can be on topic.

Apr 12, 2013 at 07:37AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!