Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Age of Empires

Last posted Apr 20, 2013 at 09:39PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2013 at 01:31PM EDT
63 posts from 18 users

Huns are the best, because there is no need to waste land, resources, or time on houses. Plus, their unique unit, the Tarkan, is a beast at taking down buildings, making it what I like to call a "siege cavalry." Also, cavalry archers cost less, and stable units are produced faster. These features combined make it much easier to rapidly produce a large and flexible, highly mobile force to respond quickly and effectively to a wide variety of issues over large distances.

If you're friends with Morgan and we play a game together I'll add you on Steam.

Ann Hiro wrote:

Also Good Game Syndic!
Still tried so hard to get after Chris.
And does anyone know the perks on being Korean?

You did well for having someone rape your village as much as Syndic did

Morgan (aka yandere) and I will be playing a game with any peeps that want to in about ten minutes! Friend her and send her a message about it to get invited.

Zee. Oh. Em. Gee. The best RTS Microsoft ever made is making a modern comeback!? Why didn't anyone tell me about this!

I absolutely must get my dirty mitts on this game this instant! BUY! OBTAIN! COLLECT! ACQUIRE! HOARD!

And yes, I'll be joining anyone else here that gets it

I haven't played AoEII in years though, I'll be terrible at it. I hope the Teutons are still bawse. I used to love playing as them. Teutonic knights were badass

Last edited Apr 08, 2013 at 08:04PM EDT

(damn you edit limit)

Alright, I have it installed now. I'm going to enjoy this.

Let me know if we get a game set up. My steam name is Blue Screen (of Death) (Not to be confused with all the other BSOD's on steam. Damn, why does everyone want to be me? Also I apparently have a hatedom on Steam? Nice)

Last edited Apr 08, 2013 at 09:17PM EDT

Fine, I guess I might as well get around to installing my copy. I am a bit of a veteran of Age of Empires 3 so I should know what I am doing in this game.

My steam name is “Tim The Enchanter”, feel free to invite me to a match.

I have not played it in years and I miss the campaigns and the messing around I had on that game, it was the best I like it, I love the taunts, cheats and what ever else I have not listed that is in the game then and now.

As for favorite Civilization, I really did not experimented I love them all and their unique designs!

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I have not played it in years and I miss the campaigns and the messing around I had on that game, it was the best I like it, I love the taunts, cheats and what ever else I have not listed that is in the game then and now.

As for favorite Civilization, I really did not experimented I love them all and their unique designs!

That part about messing around reminds me of how I always experimented on the Custom Scenario. I'd pit, for example, 30 archers against 20 knights, or perhaps 10 elephants and 5 trebuchets against 50 knights on horseback and just watch the outcome. I remember that I always had to set up trees around the battle area because there was always this one stupid jerk unit who would run off so you wouldn't be able to find him after all the other units were defeated.

Of course, I spent a great deal of time on the actual gameplay (mostly me and a couple of other CPU vs CPU) and the campaigns.

Good times…

I just managed to get a game going with Tim.

First attempt at starting a game ended in a desync but a second game ran okay. We played on the same team (managed the same town) as vikings and completely stomped 4 standard bots.

Good to know I can still do that.

I want to arrange another practice match like that, this time against harder bots (and also with our own towns. Having both players run the same town was a little confusing)

Setting up a game is very easy. They added a feature where you can invite people straight from your steam friend list.

So as long as we have each other on Steam we can have ourselves a real-time KYM Nation RP.

So I'd forgotten just how much fun the Japanese were. I played a random map and got one without any water, so I didn't get to use the fishing boat bonuses, but the samurai, infantry, and Trebuchet buffs are great. I think they had been my main civilization.

Twilitlord wrote:

So I'd forgotten just how much fun the Japanese were. I played a random map and got one without any water, so I didn't get to use the fishing boat bonuses, but the samurai, infantry, and Trebuchet buffs are great. I think they had been my main civilization.

Yes the Japanese are very good in the beginning, good civ imo to start with on a land/water map

dat samurai

Japanese are great if you like massive armies. They can amass a shitload of samurai very, very quickly. The Hit&Run trebuchet are fun too.

@Yandere

I think we should try getting a game going tonight maybe around 5-6 pm eastern time? :)

I'm going to bed pretty soon so if 5-6pm est is anytime in the next 10 hours, I'll probably miss it

IMPORTANT NOTE

If anyone is having problems with crippling low frame rate or constant lag, try setting AoK HD.exe to windows 95 compatibility mode. That won't get rid of the lag but it should reduce it by 90%

You can do this by navigating to: Steam > steamapps > common > Age2HD.

Then find AoK HD.exe > properties > compatibility > Run this program in compatibility mode > Win95/ME

Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 08:11AM EDT

Moargun wrote:

I think we should try getting a game going tonight maybe around 5-6 pm eastern time? :)
It'd be super cool if everyone could join

5pm Eastern DT (NYC, Toronto) April 9 is:

10pm London, UK Apr 9 | BST
2pm Vancouver, BC, Canada Apr 9 | PDT
1am Moscow, Russia Apr 10 | MSK
5am Perth, Australia (W) Apr 10 | AWST
7am Sydney, Australia (E) Apr 10 | AEST
Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 10:16AM EDT

Had a couple more GG's with Wxsdas and Penzoid. We gotta get more people in on this,

I really hope they release a patch soon though, this game has a lot of bugs.

If you get another bug where the game crashes every time someone invites you to play: Try deleting the appcache folder in Steam then tell Steam to verify the application cache.

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

I’m good for Saturday if everyone else is.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Sunday noon is clear for me (which will be saturday night for you guys)

Looks like Saturday is working out for everyone so far!
Eeeeee :D

Last edited Apr 10, 2013 at 11:07AM EDT

I need to figure out where I stand and I only beaten 2 PCs on standard (which is not saying much, especially when just one archer of mine destroyed a city center on his own which caused an enemy to forfeit and I did not even know it).
Relevant:

And I am curious of how good are Vikings in AoE2.

Last edited Apr 13, 2013 at 05:09PM EDT

OMG I WON!

Well…no…not really. This is what happens when your internet disconnects not more than 5 minutes into the game. Not sure what it was that collapsed my entire internet or if it was related to the game but it was bad enough that Tim went down with me. Maybe the game disconnected him too because he was allied to me.

The game continued without us.

Damn, would have been a good game

Also Sui (Kilroy), YOU KILLED MY SCOUT! Leave my damn scouts alone, he was set to no-attack mode so what did he ever do to you?

Last edited Apr 13, 2013 at 11:21PM EDT

We should really play this again when everyone's internet isn't being a butt

Also why is everyone so great at this game ; ^; I suck so much compared to you all, baaww

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!