Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

I Will Write Stuff for You - in ELVISH!

Last posted May 30, 2013 at 10:06PM EDT. Added May 23, 2013 at 09:57AM EDT
63 posts from 25 users

So I recently started to learn how to write in the Elvish language from Lord of the Rings, and currently I'm bored at home, so if you give me stuff to write in this thread I will write it in Elvish script. Example:

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
---
Sorry if it's too long. I really like LOTR

Last edited May 23, 2013 at 11:46AM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

You people are going to be the death of me.

"This cheeto is now a meme."

"I hate that hedgehog!"

"What up, fishes!"

"Persian kittens…"

"Bite my shiny metal ass."

TheOpt1onal (Dead memes) wrote:

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
---
Sorry if it's too long. I really like LOTR

Rather than clogging up this thread more, I put this on a Tumblr post. Enjoy.

Last edited May 23, 2013 at 12:36PM EDT

Papa Coolface wrote:

Quenya or Sindarin?

I believe they both use the same alphabet. And I'm not writing in either language, I'm merely transcribing the phrases into the Elvish alphabet.

Would you like me to translate that phrase, or was this just a question?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Ah, yes, I've been anticipating this one.

level4outbreak wrote:

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair! (from Percy Shelley's Ozymandias)

Nice choice!

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Titty Sprinkles

This will be my last one for the night. You can still post in here, but I won't do anything until tomorrow.

Keep em coming! This is a lot of fun!

Last edited May 23, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT

Cronus wrote:

:D
verfügt jemand wirklich weit sogar beschlossen, verwenden sogar gehen wollen mehr wie?

I'm not going to write the same thing twice, even if it's in a different language. Sorry.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

"I am trained in gorilla warfare"

I see.

アイ シンク ユ アル ライチン イングリシュ ウィス エルヴィシュ カナ。

In other words,

.אי שי ואת יו דיד תאר

Last edited May 27, 2013 at 10:49AM EDT

Brucker wrote:

アイ シンク ユ アル ライチン イングリシュ ウィス エルヴィシュ カナ。

In other words,

.אי שי ואת יו דיד תאר

Would you mind putting that in English? My Hebrew's a bit rusty.

Brucker wrote:

Would vowel points help? I thought I was being obvious…

Still not getting it.

You have to understand, it's been at least 5 years since I've read Hebrew.

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

"BEGONE MORTAL"
Also, before you posted this thread, I was going to do something similar, but with Daedric. Now It'd just be a copycat thread. :,(

If you really want to do it, you should. I don't really care.

Fridge wrote:

Still not getting it.

You have to understand, it's been at least 5 years since I've read Hebrew.

(Sigh) I was really going more Yiddish with the original one.

Both the Japanese katakana and Hebrew were (poor) phonetic transliterations of English sentences pointing out that you're not so much writing in Elvish as transcribing English sentences in Sindarin script. It was meant to be snarky and ironic, but once again I clearly made my humor too deep. (The Fry pic of course says "Ay siy uat yu diyd ther.")

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!