Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

What would you do if you have MOD powers?

Last posted Sep 04, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT. Added Aug 28, 2013 at 04:47AM EDT
63 posts from 50 users

To be honest, I don't know if I'd be any good with enforcement and even helping people with certain aspects of the site so, yeah.

However to answer your question, I don't know. I'd certainly use them responsibly…

Last edited Aug 28, 2013 at 06:43AM EDT

Do what I have been doing since I joined KYM. Be slightly active and be the IRC Mod's loyal lap cat dog and lock any thread or ban anyone they ask me to.

Also, I get to keep this as my desktop while as moderator.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Entry: Hide 3 Guys one Hammer.
Forum: Do the usual mod jobs.

Bannhammer: Go on a revenge spree and watch my mortal enemies drown in quicksand.

I actually have a relevant image, with quicksand included.

We already know what I do with forum mod powers (DIE SPAMBOTS DIEEEEEE) so I'll say what I'd do with entry mod powers:

Whenever I see those people that bump old dead articles and put them on the trending bar just to say "OMG WHY IS THIS TRENDING!?" I would delete their posts and lock the comments so people won't continue that bullshit.

And any comment that starts bullshit for no freaking reason on fandom articles and on any politically hot article gets a delete.

In fact I'll just purge all of the ridiculous bullshit and pointless jimmy rustling debates raging over here

You get a delete! And you get a delete! Everybody gets a delete! Muhahahaha!

…yea….there's a reason they only made me a forum mod.

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

@Topic

What would i do? Meh it would be the same i guess.
Sure i would ban all the spammers, warn flamers, delete most of the unrelated images from the gallery. But i won't do such things because i hate or offended.

BTW i kinda want to become a moderator to work on the image tags.. Definetely they all need to be re-edited.

Last edited Aug 29, 2013 at 09:26AM EDT

Oh and one other thing, view the entries that are hidden to regular viewers. Because bad entries always give me a good laugh and I'm sad when I'm not able to view them anymore.

blue wrote:

Ok, for some serious things.
If i get forum mod powers, i would lock and delete ad threads.
I have no idea why it's red.

[span style="color:red;"]If i get forum mod powers, i would lock and delete ad threads.[/span]

That's why

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

We already know what I do with forum mod powers (DIE SPAMBOTS DIEEEEEE) so I'll say what I'd do with entry mod powers:

Whenever I see those people that bump old dead articles and put them on the trending bar just to say "OMG WHY IS THIS TRENDING!?" I would delete their posts and lock the comments so people won't continue that bullshit.

And any comment that starts bullshit for no freaking reason on fandom articles and on any politically hot article gets a delete.

In fact I'll just purge all of the ridiculous bullshit and pointless jimmy rustling debates raging over here

…yea….there's a reason they only made me a forum mod.

Deleting things just because they're controversial is kind of an awful idea. I mean, the small amount of comments/replies isn't really destroying the site.

Deadpool everything but My Little Pony.
Watch everyone rage.
Then reconfirm everything and then Deadpool My Little Pony.
Watch everyone rage.
Shut down KYM.
Start up a new KYM to watch people rage about my shitty moderation skills.
Open the Door.
Get on the floor.
Everybody walk the Dinosaur.
Get fired.

Last edited Aug 29, 2013 at 10:38PM EDT

@Madcat

Deleting things just because they’re controversial is kind of an awful idea. I mean, the small amount of comments/replies isn’t really destroying the site.

I know, I'm kidding. Controversial arguments appear here on the forum all the time but I don't hide them. If I could delete comments, I still wouldn't do that

I'm just showing my bias because I just hate seeing pointless arguments that aren't even important to the subject (E.I: Arguments over the definition of sexuality on a page about Mannings allegations and charges) and just pointless posts that waste peoples time in general

Feel happy for the first time in my life! But then I’d be striped of my powers and receive an e-mail from KYM saying “We made a mistake. You weren’t supposed to be a mod. Sorry.” And then I’d cry forever.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!