Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Delta's Gif Request Thread

Last posted Oct 12, 2013 at 07:08AM EDT. Added Sep 02, 2013 at 08:20PM EDT
41 posts from 15 users

I like doing things for my Internet community, but since I'm not very creative I can't provide much material. However, something I can do is make gifs, which for whatever reason I really like doing. Do any of you know how much it pains me when I see tiny-ass gifs or ones with big "GIFSOUP" watermarks? It makes me die inside. As such, if you want a gif made but don't have the ability to yourself, ask here.

Essentially, provide a link to the material, also specify what time in the material you want giffed. Also specify the size if you like.

Another thing I'll be doing is allowing requests for "Special Gifs." That is, ones that go beyond a simple video-to-gif format. I'm sure most of you have seen that KotH gif I made the other day:

I made that on a whim to make one person happy, so I never expected so many people to love it. It made me realize that while I'M not creative, I can make gifs that you sharper minds think of but don't have the time or resources to make.

Anything I make will have to be small enough in size to be uploaded on KYM. If it's a moment that may be spoilery, hide it and mention what its spoilers for just in case. I'll take special gifs on a case-by-case basis, since they take time and some may be too time-consuming to create.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Just want to say… I'll always remember that scene from that film because it took all those people, in sync, to move a single rock like that across the screen.

Anyway…

Yes, a gif request thread is great but I don't have anything particularly clever…

OH WAIT Could you replace the trolleys with upvotes?

[sees gif]

It'll be a doozy, but I'll see what I can do; the more moving parts I have to edit the longer it takes--however, I can't just ignore my first request (it could take me a bit though). Just for clarification, are we talking green upvotes or Reddit-Orange upvotes?

EDIT: also do you want them all falling facing up or crashing every which-way?

Last edited Sep 05, 2013 at 09:59AM EDT

Well, I'd think it would be fine if they were all crashing all over the place (extra credit: make them change to downvotes when they are upside down, but you don't have to do that! Although it would make the gif. signify indifference in a thread, right?) and I don't mind which kind of upvote, really. :I

I'm really, really sorry Quantum, but… I don't think I can do it. It's just the sheer number of how many upvotes I would need, making them all move fluidly, and preventing them from overlapping the multiple people that move in the foreground. I'm sure someone out there could do it, but I would need hours of time to get to look good. This probably looks pretty bad, turning down my first request, but I can't do it.

Don't hesitate to request something else, though! I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't want to make gifs.

C'mon people, there's no need to be shy! If I didn't enjoy doing this I wouldn't have started this thread! It doesn't have to be a special gif, I can also simply do moments in shows/anime/what have you:

…OR I can make something more complex:

Even just a simple suggestion would be nice. I may as well be doing something while I neglect my Sociology homework.

Last edited Sep 10, 2013 at 10:22PM EDT

Alright I will leave a small request: I challenge you to replace Mikasa' face with the glorious slam jam master, Charles Barkley. Are you ready for this kind of slam?

Bonus points if you put the Slam Jam / NBA logo
Jackpot if you replace Thor's face with Michael Jordan, his hammer with a basketball and Cap America with Barkley.

Well, I have your jackpot made already; the Mikasa gif is far more tedious to edit due to the moving hair, but I'm pretty sure I can actually do this one. I'm surprised how hard it is to find pictures of the sides of peoples faces--much less the back of their heads.

See more on Know Your Meme
Let me know if you want it tweaked.

WarriorTang wrote:

What tools do you recommend for animated GIF editing? Just Photoshop? How about video capture and any postprocessing that might need to be done?

Believe it or not, I use Sony Vegas Pro 10 to edit my gifs. I've tried using Photoshop, but I can't stand it. I also use GIMP to crop the gifs once I make them, but with this Mikasa Slam gif I'm going to need a new tactic to make this work--but I will NOT surrender.

I did however make another gif after being inspired by Balloon Master's second suggestion:

>mfw my desktop is full of pictures of black people, Icy Hot and olive oil

While surfing around the web I found this gif from Jungle Book where a crapton of bananas comes down onto Mowgli:

Say, how about you make this into a Feels gif and replace the bananas with "Feels" or Feels Faces?

Last edited Sep 12, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT

Lugia41 wrote:

While surfing around the web I found this gif from Jungle Book where a crapton of bananas comes down onto Mowgli:

Say, how about you make this into a Feels gif and replace the bananas with "Feels" or Feels Faces?

Triple points if you do hamboigahs and hamburgers, respectively.

Cale wrote:

Uber Mega Extreme Bonus Round if you replace Mogli with Demoman and bananas with Mann Co. Crates.
The first banana must be a hat, the rest of them just Mann Co crates..That's how the item drop works for me..4200 hours of TF2..22 crates..

Last edited Sep 12, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT
Uber Mega Extreme Bonus Round if you replace Mogli with Demoman and bananas with Mann Co. Crates.
The first banana must be a hat, the rest of them just Mann Co crates..That’s how the item drop works for me..4200 hours of TF2..22 crates..

God dammit you guys. Whatever, I guess I'll do this.

Last edited Sep 12, 2013 at 11:53PM EDT

Patrick Star 3D Real wrote:

take that annoying noodle dance from PB&J otter and add flashing colors and put at the bottom "PARTY HARD"

Sorry for how long it took, but that's life for you.
Also, the gif kinda looks like shit because I couldn't find an non-shitty-quality video of the dance, unfortunately.

Woot.
I have 2 requests:

Get this video from the beggining to the 5th second. Paste Natsuru over Lucksman in the kill indicator; Ann, Genry, Jimmy and RandomMan over the victims.

And lastly, this one at around 8:20 where Ocelot jumps out the plane, and paste Abandon Thread.
Post it in the gallery, so you get the thumbs up.

elmashojaldra wrote:

I'm wondering if you can make a smashing edit on Kaworu's face here:

I hadn't considered until halfway through editing that you may have wanted the word "SMASHING" included in the gif, so it's not in there. If you really wanted, I suppose I could add the word. Also I apologize for the rather shitty color quality of Nigel's face in here.

That Glaceon wrote:

I hadn't considered until halfway through editing that you may have wanted the word "SMASHING" included in the gif, so it's not in there. If you really wanted, I suppose I could add the word. Also I apologize for the rather shitty color quality of Nigel's face in here.

Nah It's Ok. You really make a great job shopping Nigel's face here.

Okay, Digoxen, I currently only have half of your request; the first one is taking more effort than I had first thought, but it's not impossible. Here's the other requests as well.

I should also mention, now with college and schoolwork and such, don't be surprised if it takes a couple days or more for me to make the gif. I read within hours of you requesting it, but that doesn't mean I have the time to create it--so if you ever need a gif immediately for whatever reason, I may not be the person to ask anymore.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Could you please make a gif out of this clip and put a big 'look at all the fucks I give' in the place of where the crowd should be?

You know, if that's possible and ACTUALLY ends up looking funny/useful.

Ja~n. I'm still not that good at making things like that look seamless, but I think it turned out pretty well.

That Glaceon wrote:

Ja~n. I'm still not that good at making things like that look seamless, but I think it turned out pretty well.

You know what, I think I laughed more than I should have.

Good job, you get an internet gold star!

(But seriously, thanks)

Last edited Sep 30, 2013 at 01:40PM EDT

Asura wrote:

Your sempai has a request. take this gif.

And edit it so that when the mask opens up, it reveals this yaranaika face.

do not fail your sempai.

I hope the OP doesn't mind. but…

I was bored so I thought why not.

MScratch wrote:

I hope the OP doesn't mind. but…

I was bored so I thought why not.

G…great…
THIS is what I get for having a play recital. I come home. I think to myself, "I'm already halfway through with the gif. I'll finish it up and senpai will be proud of me."

Then I come back to the computer.

And someone already did it. Eheh. Eheheheh. I-It's not like th-this BOTHERS me or anything…

Delta, i have another request that i only wish for you to make for me. (since someone did it for you)
take this gif.

and add this to it.

i leave it to you.

Hope I've made the most of this opportunity. I hope the slight fade near the end of the gif isn't fundamental to it (though it arguably makes it more "complete"), but with the indexed color palette there wasn't much for me to work with there.

Also, NotStarFox? If you actually want me to make you a gif, you're gonna have to be a little more specific than that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!