Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Help a writer out

Last posted Sep 25, 2013 at 11:58PM EDT. Added Sep 23, 2013 at 02:33AM EDT
11 posts from 6 users

Anyone know where I can find something to hep with writing a good story?
I've haven't found much, but a wiki…
(Don't trust a wiki)

So far, the only way I've been learning about telling a story, is from The Nostalgia Critic!
I love it when he analyze why something doesn't work in cinema, or telling a story in genral; Too bad he does a review every two weeks…

Chokesmurf wrote:

Well, it all depends – Are you having trouble with piecing together the words, or are you trying to find something interesting to write about? Or is it both?

More on the lines of just being able to tell a good story…
Just about how to accurately show character development, or just how to make something that we haven't seen before!I need more cliche lists…

If you are making a plot, I suggest that before you do the climax, you put a rising action to make sure that the reader can know what is going on.

If this does not answer what you meant, I apologize.

And, if you need help, I will be happy to help, I will do my best to help you. And hey, I love to write stories!

Loving Flower Idiot wrote:

If you are making a plot, I suggest that before you do the climax, you put a rising action to make sure that the reader can know what is going on.

If this does not answer what you meant, I apologize.

And, if you need help, I will be happy to help, I will do my best to help you. And hey, I love to write stories!

You watch Nostalgia Critic?
I just straight up love how he explains why something doesn't work
Watch his Bridge to Terabithia review, I pay attention to those things he says, I'm wanting to learn what makes a strong story, and Characters… I don't think I can make an Avatar The Last Airbender everytime, but at least make it decent…

Jeff dumbham wrote:

You watch Nostalgia Critic?
I just straight up love how he explains why something doesn't work
Watch his Bridge to Terabithia review, I pay attention to those things he says, I'm wanting to learn what makes a strong story, and Characters… I don't think I can make an Avatar The Last Airbender everytime, but at least make it decent…

Yep, I watch Nostalgia Critic
I didn't watch most of his videos, but I watched some. I will watch the review that you told me, but not today however, since I have school, sadly. ;_;

I'm a graduate so, mwahaha…

Watch the newer ones, he gives constructive criticism in those ones…
My favorite lesson is in the Cat in The Hat movie (with Mike Myers), but he has thrown in more lesson things he does… I wish he could maybe make video just for those, but…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!