320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

How's your computer???

Last posted Oct 20, 2013 at 02:52AM EDT. Added Oct 10, 2013 at 12:42AM EDT
36 posts from 29 users

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Your computer is screwed, thats how your computer is doing

Fear me!

Seriously though, I got this recently and my PC is fucked up. (Thank goodness for teh Task Manager)

I think you may have downloaded a bad update. At any rate your best shot at getting this resolved as soon as possible would be to take this to a tech support forum if you haven't already. Good luck.

(also my computer is super thanks for asking)

I googled UxTheme.dll and came up with results for Windows XP. Is that the OS you are using?

Windows uses UxTheme.dll when applying themes and for any theme related operation. According to Microsoft BufferedPaintInit is a function that should exist inside UxTheme.dll but if windows cannot find it, then the UxTheme.dll file in your system must be corrupted and you could try replacing it

Questions:
Have you changed/installed any XP/Vista themes for windows lately? If so, are they compatible with the version of Windows you are using?

Last edited Oct 10, 2013 at 04:43AM EDT

I googled UxTheme.dll and came up with results for Windows XP. Is that the OS you are using?

Windows uses UxTheme.dll when applying themes and for any theme related operation. According to Microsoft BufferedPaintInit is a function that should exist inside UxTheme.dll but if windows cannot find it, then the UxTheme.dll file in your system must be corrupted and you could try replacing it

Questions:
Have you changed/installed any XP/Vista themes for windows lately? If so, are they compatible with the version of Windows you are using?

I used windows 7 32-bit, and I never changed it.

Just bought this and it was a good deal, but it keeps telling me to update to a new version? It's still fresh and it won't auto-update and I can't torrent Breaking Bed help?

Last edited Oct 10, 2013 at 08:15AM EDT

>Tech Support
>have you tried turning it off and on again?
>have you checked to see if it's plugged in?
>is it PC or Mac?
>describe the problem
>it's fixed itself? no problems. Thanks for calling

Your computer is screwed, thats how your computer is doing

Fear me!

You cursed my damn Cookie Clicker, Blue Screen! Now I have to see your face every 30 minutes if I want to keep playing!

I'll just assume OP got his issue sorted out

In other news, my PC is doing just fine. Haven't needed to upgrade anything in it since I got it and I'm pretty good at keeping it updated, harddrives clean and at optimum performance. Only time Windows 7 ever crashed was when faulty DX10 drivers messed up while playing Crysis

Last edited Oct 10, 2013 at 08:59PM EDT

My computer is fine but my "service techs" for my Internet provider are idiots. Why they call them "techs" is beyond me. Most of them barely have a high school diploma and probably have been fired from McDonalds before getting into this field.

This is the second time they cut my Internet while installing the neighbors Internet. The last guy said he tagged it so this wouldn't happen again and BINGO, they did it again today. Fuck wads.
It's 9 pm I get home from work to find this out. Call tech support and the earliest they can send someone out is 5pm tomorrow. WTF! Your mistake and that's the best you can do? Yeah tech guys have their pot break at 3 that's the earliest we can get those stoners to you. Fuck me.
I think it may be time to look into getting another service provider.

It got hit by a Trojan virus and it brought with it a malware program and two parasitic search engines. Luckily the malware sucked at it's job cause I was able to install chameleon to get rid of both the malware and the two search engines. Oh and McAfee was the one that dealt with the Trojan and take me word for it, stay away from Conduit and MediaFinder!

I've been having my current PC (fine and dandy) for a year since the one I used to have tragically died in a never-ending HDD corruption which killed what was alive. Fortunately, the day before its death, I had already saved all the data.

Last edited Oct 12, 2013 at 01:08PM EDT

My brother wanted to download music so i told him to go to youtube-mp3.org.
He downloaded a fake youtube downloader off a fake website and got a virus. Now the computer is not working.
I fucking hate him.

@Jakku

The brand means nothing in terms of gaming performance (With Apple being the exception to this rule). It's all about the hardware it comes with. It's possible to customise the hardware of a Dell Optiplex and get a better and cheaper gaming PC than if you bought one of Dells XPS range.

Not that I would recommend a Dell anyway. Last time I put up with Dell, I had to deal with their flagrant disregard for upgrades (Removing AGP slots from motherboards? WTF!!?!?! Those freaking assholes!) and their irritating "special Dell edition" of Windows that enforces customer dependance on their tech support. Never again.

Anyway, For laptops I really lean towards ASUS or Acer in terms of bang-for-buck and reliability. I became a fan of Acer laptops when I saw a friend smack one against a brick wall and it survived. Plus those brands don't give you nearly as much bullshit and leave your copy of Windows alone.

And stay the fuck away from HP and Compaq computers. Those peices of shit always end up in the tech shops getting repaired from regular breakdowns.

HP is particularly nasty about restricting your upgrade options. I remember when 7 came out, all HP owners were shit out of luck. Native Win7 couldn't overwrite an HP WinXP so if you bought that for your HP, you just wasted money. HP users had to wait for HP to release a special "upgrade package" (which also cost extra) that converts HP Win XP to HP Win7…and even that wouldn't work because it wouldn't install on computers that it couldn't verify as an HP…and the useless software couldn't even verify an actual HP machine!

But if money is no object: Falcon Northwest

i think my computer got a strange virus from hotspot shield and got a scam search engine. i managed to get arid of the search engine from a sketchy .exe file sent from the search engine makers and delete hotspot shield. and i have also found a way to deal with the virus by constantly deleting it and ending its task on task manager.

Well… mine (my dad's) computer was RAT'd by a hacker. Hell, I was playing TF2 when that happened, I don't know how it got downloaded on in the first place (or where it's located).

Netbus, fuck you.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!