Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

What are the site based "memes" originated here on kym?

Last posted Dec 03, 2013 at 04:25PM EST. Added Nov 29, 2013 at 01:49PM EST
32 posts from 13 users

Super Robot Jesus was a meme entry that is older than me on this site if I am correct.

I posted a thread with a cheeto and said something along the lines of "This cheeto is not a meme." Mellow posted a photoshopped Cheeto sarcastically claiming it was a meme. I am often credited with the creation of Cheeto when I only created the thread. Mellow is the real creator.

Last edited Nov 29, 2013 at 03:03PM EST

How do i imagine karma bomber:

Maybe "Karma Bombing" is a KYM fad too, isn't it? :^)

Don’t forget the infamous KYM RPG

Dunno. RPG is not a KYM origin. Other forums/sites or groups were doing this before we do.
But if some joke comes from our RPG, that could be.

Last edited Nov 29, 2013 at 07:23PM EST

The KYM RPG was largely a source of Drama rather than an actual in-joke. Once it got to the point of death threats being sent to the devs it was clear this community wasn't worth it's own game.

Last edited Nov 29, 2013 at 07:41PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

The KYM RPG was largely a source of Drama rather than an actual in-joke. Once it got to the point of death threats being sent to the devs it was clear this community wasn't worth it's own game.

Wait, there were actually people working on such a thing? How did that work? Cause I take it the focus wasn't on injokes since back then there were only two tops that weren't talked about very often. I'm genuinely curious.

That Glaceon wrote:

Wait, there were actually people working on such a thing? How did that work? Cause I take it the focus wasn't on injokes since back then there were only two tops that weren't talked about very often. I'm genuinely curious.

It was an Original story about saving the Internet in a Tales of style RPG using KYM Users.
Seriously I don't like people telling me to die.

Ann Hiro wrote:

It was an Original story about saving the Internet in a Tales of style RPG using KYM Users.
Seriously I don't like people telling me to die.

Yeah, if that was the case I suppose I can see why people would object to it, but good lord, death threats? Sounds like a case of people crying "cancer," if I were to guess.

Also, I just got a brilliant idea, everybody.

Okay, listen.
Guys.
You listening?
Okay.
Dude.
Let's take the-
Are you listening?
Let's take the injokes.
And-
Guys.
Let's take the injokes…
And make a dating simulator.

I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING, WE COULD DO THIS. WE TAKE THE KATAWA SHOUJO FORMULA: FIVE ROUTES, GOAT, CHEETO, ROBO JESUS, JAKE THE HEDGEHOG, MARIBELLE THE HEDGEHOG, AND THE RAKE AS A HIDDEN JOKE ROUTE. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS. WE HAVE GOOD WRITERS. WE HAVE GOOD ARTISTS. WE COULD DO THIS.

Ann Hiro wrote:

I would be on that, but I saw no KYM-Tan.

I was actually thinking the protagonist could be KYM-tan, but I guess I forgot to mention that in my boldface capslock rant.

Ann Hiro wrote:

She is recognized by KYM and was put on the NSFW spoilers. I dunno if you call it "not a thing"

If by KYM you mean "Those guys who operate the site", which is a vast minority, and by "put on the NSFW spoilers" you mean "a forehead", then sure. It's totally a thing.

Totally.

Let's not turn this into a KYM-tan fan/hate-club now, ok?

• If you like her, that's cool. I can see her appeal a bit, and it's nice to see her on the NSFW spoiler. It means she gained some of the recognition you folks hoped for, celebrate.
  • If you dislike her, still cool. She isn't there to appeal to everyone, because nothing appeals to everyone. Let those that enjoy her, enjoy her. You are better than wasting your time on ruining the fun of others.

As for the RPG:

The thing is old and mostly forgotten. Death threats are a serious issue, but that is so long ago now that it's not so relevant anymore. Perhaps I would've been able to help solve the issue back then, but now it just outdated. And from what I recall, the KYM RPG had more issues than just external ones. Internal in the organisation of the game wasn't always functioning well either.

But that is the past. It is appreciated you wanted to create a game about KYM for KYM; we can applaud you for the effort you folks were willing to put into it. But all is the past now. Do you rather remember the RPG as a source of drama and death threats, or as a fun community project that brought users together even though the final product never arrived? I think the answer is obvious.

Also @Cale:

Please don't become the site's killjoy. You are looking at your own opinion as if its the law of the community.

If by KYM you mean “Those guys who operate the site”, which is a vast minority, and by “put on the NSFW spoilers” you mean “a forehead”, then sure. It’s totally a thing.

That’s because no-one cares about KYM-Tan. It’s not a thing man.

If by no-one you mean "a lot of folks but not you and a some others", I can agree. Might not be "a thing", sure, but she has popularity.

Last edited Dec 02, 2013 at 08:20PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Let's not turn this into a KYM-tan fan/hate-club now, ok?

• If you like her, that's cool. I can see her appeal a bit, and it's nice to see her on the NSFW spoiler. It means she gained some of the recognition you folks hoped for, celebrate.
  • If you dislike her, still cool. She isn't there to appeal to everyone, because nothing appeals to everyone. Let those that enjoy her, enjoy her. You are better than wasting your time on ruining the fun of others.

As for the RPG:

The thing is old and mostly forgotten. Death threats are a serious issue, but that is so long ago now that it's not so relevant anymore. Perhaps I would've been able to help solve the issue back then, but now it just outdated. And from what I recall, the KYM RPG had more issues than just external ones. Internal in the organisation of the game wasn't always functioning well either.

But that is the past. It is appreciated you wanted to create a game about KYM for KYM; we can applaud you for the effort you folks were willing to put into it. But all is the past now. Do you rather remember the RPG as a source of drama and death threats, or as a fun community project that brought users together even though the final product never arrived? I think the answer is obvious.

Also @Cale:

Please don't become the site's killjoy. You are looking at your own opinion as if its the law of the community.

If by KYM you mean “Those guys who operate the site”, which is a vast minority, and by “put on the NSFW spoilers” you mean “a forehead”, then sure. It’s totally a thing.

That’s because no-one cares about KYM-Tan. It’s not a thing man.

If by no-one you mean "a lot of folks but not you and a some others", I can agree. Might not be "a thing", sure, but she has popularity.

-Please don’t become the site’s killjoy.

Someone has to do it, otherwise we'll be experiencing a sharp decline in standards. It's the pus that cleans the wound.

-You are looking at your own opinion as if its the law of the community.

-Might not be “a thing”, sure, but she has popularity.

But if it's not "a thing", then why should it be in a thread about "things".

That Glaceon wrote:

Yeah, if that was the case I suppose I can see why people would object to it, but good lord, death threats? Sounds like a case of people crying "cancer," if I were to guess.

Also, I just got a brilliant idea, everybody.

Okay, listen.
Guys.
You listening?
Okay.
Dude.
Let's take the-
Are you listening?
Let's take the injokes.
And-
Guys.
Let's take the injokes…
And make a dating simulator.

I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING, WE COULD DO THIS. WE TAKE THE KATAWA SHOUJO FORMULA: FIVE ROUTES, GOAT, CHEETO, ROBO JESUS, JAKE THE HEDGEHOG, MARIBELLE THE HEDGEHOG, AND THE RAKE AS A HIDDEN JOKE ROUTE. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS. WE HAVE GOOD WRITERS. WE HAVE GOOD ARTISTS. WE COULD DO THIS.

soooooo when we starting this thing????

RandomMan Wrote:

As for the RPG:

The thing is old and mostly forgotten. Death threats are a serious issue, but that is so long ago now that it’s not so relevant anymore. Perhaps I would’ve been able to help solve the issue back then, but now it just outdated. And from what I recall, the KYM RPG had more issues than just external ones. Internal in the organisation of the game wasn’t always functioning well either.

Yes, there was more than just the threats. General disagreement on the direction of the project, inner dev team feuds, and really no more than two people who had any experience in Animation or Programing all where hindrances in the project. Not to mention the scope of it, it was just too big for a group of amateurs.

Yes, if You and/or Bob where active at the time most of the fires where lit, the drama wouldn't have killed the spirit I had regarding the project, and I wouldn't have lost nearly as many friends in that process.

And yes, I admit. When things where actually progressing, some REALLY strong bonds bloomed from that, which I am thankful for.

If I could coordinate another team into helping me make something, and if I got strong support from them, would I start another game project? Hell yeah I would. I am going into the game industry because of how much I enjoyed working on that little doomed project. Will it be based on this website? Probably not. Maybe off a smaller section such as the Roleplayers, but not the whole website. Though making original content is usually the best approach anyhow.

Cale wrote:

-Please don’t become the site’s killjoy.

Someone has to do it, otherwise we'll be experiencing a sharp decline in standards. It's the pus that cleans the wound.

-You are looking at your own opinion as if its the law of the community.

-Might not be “a thing”, sure, but she has popularity.

But if it's not "a thing", then why should it be in a thread about "things".

But if it’s not “a thing”, then why should it be in a thread about “things”.

Hmmm, I chose my words a bit incorrectly, and confused the topic there.

KYM-tan, as a seperate character/"mascot", is notable on the site. If she wasn't, she wouldn't have been recognised for the NSFW spoiler. She's not something you can avoid anymore.

The whole collection of these "mascots" though or the creation of them, those aren't "a thing". KYM-tan became "a thing", Deadpool-kun and the other characters that were created remained "a nothing".

Natsuru wrote:

If I could coordinate another team into helping me make something, and if I got strong support from them, would I start another game project? Hell yeah I would.

I'm certain others can be interested in this as well, but perhaps aim smaller first. As you explained as well, with the skills (or lack off) you had available, a complete RPG was just too much work for such an inexperienced team.

The RP thread has been going well, and we have some people who know their way with drawing. You can try starting a comic/fanfic-combo series or something, which is something much more doable. Have a brain storm session, request second opinions afterwards, and see what you can get rolling.

Cale wrote:

I accept these as our new Titles.

@Ox: Now.

BAM!…love the idea so i made this!..i know the RPG went to shit, but this seem like it could be doable.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!