Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,266 total conversations in 9,483 threads

+ New Thread


Rules of the internet revision/addition

Last posted Dec 18, 2013 at 11:14PM EST. Added Dec 16, 2013 at 11:18PM EST
19 posts from 7 users

Ok, I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. The “rules of the internet” are heavily outdated, and I feel they need severe revisions. If there is a documented rule, you can post any changes that you feel necessary, as well as make an addition to an existing rule. If there are no documented rules that apply to a common event, you can post one that you want to be written.
Updated list:
Rules 1 and 2 (“Do not talk about /b/” and “Do NOT talk about /b/”) should likely be removed, as they are practically non-existent on most sites, not to mention repetitive.
Rule 34 addition 1: There is fetish art of it, NO MATTER WHAT.
Rule 46 (“There is always furry porn of it”) should be merged with Rule 34 or Rule 34A1.
Rule 98: There is an OC of it, regardless of demographic. (Rule 98 addition 1: There is crossover art of it.)

@Coffeehaus

Pardon Connor’s obtuseness. What I think he’s trying to saying is that ‘OP is a fag’ should be included in the rules since the current rules make no official declaration that OP is indeed a fag, despite the fact that is has been understood as a universal constant.

So he’s posting that just so we all make a mental note of including it

…he’s also calling you a cocksucker

But knowing Connor, he’s not really in a position to judge anyone for cocksucking if you know what I mean

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Coffeehaus

Pardon Connor’s obtuseness. What I think he’s trying to saying is that ‘OP is a fag’ should be included in the rules since the current rules make no official declaration that OP is indeed a fag, despite the fact that is has been understood as a universal constant.

So he’s posting that just so we all make a mental note of including it

…he’s also calling you a cocksucker

But knowing Connor, he’s not really in a position to judge anyone for cocksucking if you know what I mean

Thanks for clarifying .-.

TheOpt1onal.2.0 (Noticed by Senpai!) wrote:

Ones I think require revision:
Anything that has the word “cock” in it,
Rule 74, 55 & 3-7

Anything more specific?

#1: Do not talk about /b/,
#2: Do NOT talk about /b/.

If you are even mentioning the Rules, even if they are pretty inconstant and unimportant, it strikes me that even as you obey it and try to change it, you are still not following them as you speak.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

That’s just the thing, you cannot change the immutable. The Rules of the Internet are infinite and eternal. The will of a mere mortal such as yourself cannot hope to alter its fathomless wisdom.

And seeing as I am the resident cocksucker on this site (and owner of multiple dragon dildos), I know faggotry when I see it.

Last edited Dec 17, 2013 at 07:30PM EST

Caramel wrote:

That’s just the thing, you cannot change the immutable. The Rules of the Internet are infinite and eternal. The will of a mere mortal such as yourself cannot hope to alter its fathomless wisdom.

And seeing as I am the resident cocksucker on this site (and owner of multiple dragon dildos), I know faggotry when I see it.

The rules of the internet were originally made by /b/. They are LESS than mortal. And honestly, do you have anything nice to say?

Mandl Brought wrote:

The rules of the internet were originally made by /b/. They are LESS than mortal. And honestly, do you have anything nice to say?

Not to those who do not recognize sarcasm.

Caramel wrote:

Not to those who do not recognize sarcasm.

I get a strong feeling you’re just pulling that card as a “get out of jail free”. There was more asshattery than sarcasm there. Also I love sarcastic humor. If you were being sarcastic, I would’ve been guffawing so hard it would make Kristan Stewart crack a grin. Nope, just someone being an asshat and saying that they were kidding around.

Mandl Brought wrote:

I get a strong feeling you’re just pulling that card as a “get out of jail free”. There was more asshattery than sarcasm there. Also I love sarcastic humor. If you were being sarcastic, I would’ve been guffawing so hard it would make Kristan Stewart crack a grin. Nope, just someone being an asshat and saying that they were kidding around.

sarcasm: : the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

Last edited Dec 17, 2013 at 10:09PM EST

Caramel wrote:

sarcasm: : the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

I don’t think you can top Coffeehaus’s reply. Especially if you are using the Sarcasm Card.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!