Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Athiesm

Last posted Jan 18, 2014 at 05:19AM EST. Added Jan 06, 2014 at 04:40PM EST
30 posts from 23 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

"No, Everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do they chose to stray from Jesus and worship Satan. Atheists Have the greatest 'Cover' of all, They insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research Indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims." -Trinidad and Tobago, CARM

Oh Fundies, you say the Darnedest of things.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

The euphoria is strong in this one

So anyway, whats the deal with this thread? Are we discussing atheism or is this where we pretend we are /r/atheism?

Might be, but it is currently a mess. Don't decide on posting Fedoras and "euphoric" images yet as it could be a thing.

Pretending is what I see though.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

The euphoria is strong in this one

So anyway, whats the deal with this thread? Are we discussing atheism or is this where we pretend we are /r/atheism?

Seccond.

I once threw my euphoric fedora towards a priests so he could finally experience how it is to dress as ostentatious as us, my fellow atheists. Because as we all know that priest's intelligence lacked seferely, forcing him to rely on a phony god's blessing, unlike us stronger minded individuals who know only the power of atheism and the knowledge of Carl Sagan can lead one to tranquility. Of course I had to retrieve my fedora, completely stylized with pins of my favorite ponies and furry artists, afterwards, because we all know that no assamble is complete without one.

Unfortunately once I returned this exquisite female I had been speaking to about Carl Sagan and showed some of my favorite memes, had suddenly disappeared. Alas my fellow atheists, I was friendzoned again.

[tips fedora]

Last edited Jan 06, 2014 at 08:26PM EST

Is it me or is anyone else getting sick of atheists rubbing atheism in everyone's faces like a Christian (or any extreme religious person actually) would do? I wish I knew what to believe in, but each side just has its fair share of retards representing them. What a shame.

If you spend your days trying to disprove a zombie messiah, a man in a cloud city, and a red guy in fire, then we need to have a sit down.

If atheist that spend time trying to disprove religion and claim to be more intellectual than the other group, shouldn't they be spending more time than trying to dismantle a system based on faith and not facts?

Point being, I think both sides got something better to do than argue.

A friend of mine once said something along the lines of…

"Religion is based on faith. Atheism is based on doubt. You'd be pretty arrogant to claim either is truth."

I don't believe he said arrogant, but I forget the word he actually used, so whatever.

Either way, can't we all just agree that trying to force beliefs is a dick thing to do?

I wish newfags didn't cause atheism to be associated with reedit and fedoras. Back in the day, it was the most respected (ir)religious belief on the interwebs, with the possible exception of Pastafarianism.

Also, lolcats, and Chuck Norris, and no rage faces, and no social media intermingling with IRL, and… the internet kinda sucks now.

R.I.P. classic internet, nevar forget.

Devlman127 wrote:

"No, Everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do they chose to stray from Jesus and worship Satan. Atheists Have the greatest 'Cover' of all, They insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research Indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims." -Trinidad and Tobago, CARM

Oh Fundies, you say the Darnedest of things.

But really, you come in here creating a topic on Atheism and preface it with an attack on Fundamentalist Christians? Could you possibly come across as any more of a judgmental twat?

EDIT: Wait I just read through this thread and I can't decide whether we're being ironic or not. Oh, phooey.

Last edited Jan 10, 2014 at 12:52AM EST

@Kung Fu

Wait I just read through this thread and I can’t decide whether we’re being ironic or not

OP clarified that this is supposed to be a thread where we imitate /r/Athiesm

Seccond.

Unfortunately, clarity is not this guys strong suit

Last edited Jan 10, 2014 at 01:56AM EST

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

-Epicurus

Blue Screen said:

…or is this where we pretend we are /r/atheism?

Can you believe a catholic school would have the audacity to fire an openly gay teacher who knowingly violated his contract when he came out of the closet?!

OR

Churches need to be taxed as they are clearly political institutions!

OR

karmawhoringadviceanimalcarlsagonquote.png

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!